5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WeatherTech Floor Liners Suck

pjameven

Reaction score
LOL this is not normal. I have them in my 19 Ram. I love them. They fit perfect and are thick. I have always used Weather Tech and never had any issues.

what he said....I have them in my 2019 Ram Limited and they look great...i really like the floor mats that came with the truck but a Central New York winter will destroy them. I will put them back in the Spring and use the Weather Tech again next winter.

pjameven

Reaction score

Truthdecay

Reaction score
I asked for floor mats to be included with my truck purchase. Mopar floor mats were on back order so I agreed to Weathertech floor liners. They are HORRIBLE!!!. Very thin plastic. Doesn't even fit well. Covers the door sill. just not happy. For those that own them do you have any opinions?

I ordered some. The back mat is total garbage, doesn't fit properly. Cost me 160 bucks
Got 2 front mats as well, another 160 dollars cdn. They packaged the wrong drivers side floor mat, it never fit.
Called the dealer. THey said, They've had 4 packages with the wrong mats in them.
This is the type of quality control weathertech has.
Get something else.

frankd

Reaction score
After coming across this thread I bought the husky liners (x-act contour) over the weathertech. Up front they fit great but the rear fits like garbage. It doesn't lay flat on the floor. There are 2 very noticeable bumps (about 1" high each bump) in the mat. My wife has the weathertech mats in her Honda Odyssey and they fit great but they are more "plasticy" rather than rubbery as others have said.
I contacted Husky and they asked me to send pictures (which I did). Hopefully they send me one that fits or refund my money.

RAMRhode

Reaction score
I really can’t complain about the weathertechs. They fit well and do what is expected of them....protect the cab floor from snow, salt, sand, etc. during the winter months.

JXL118

Reaction score
Another Maxliner user here. Fit was really good. Protection is great. I can understand people not liking the plasticy feel/sound though of these types of mats. I'd recommend the Maxliner to anybody but if doing over i might try to find something more rubbery

JustAnotherGuy

Reaction score
I have to say this thread scared me. I’ve always had great luck with Weathertech (the floor liners , not the cheaper mats). Well they just arrived today and they look as good as always. Sturdy, thick, rubbery plastic feeling and look, and shaped perfectly. I’ll post up pictures later

gopher_ram

Reaction score
I had the husky liners on my Chevy and can’t say enough good things about them. I was a little apprehensive about the weather techs that came with my new big horn but my initial impression is that they look and feel great. Hopefully I will not run into the warping issues that others have seen.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I let the dealer talk me into them for the Durango .. paid twice of what I could have got them online .. and like others have said, very thin and flimsy .. I opted for the OEM Rubber Floor mats on the 2019, so I hope they are better than the WeatherTech. I know they won't go corner to corner but ....

Whiskey_tango

Reaction score
I have weather techs front and back and have no issue with them. I had ford rubber mats in my F150 and my heel blew a hole through after several years

wwalljr

Reaction score
I have weather techs front and back and have no issue with them. I had ford rubber mats in my F150 and my heel blew a hole through after several years
I had those same mats in m F150!! I put silicone caulk on the back of it to slow down the leak one time. :poop: Should’ve just bought new ones ...

I did the husky liners this time. IDK it’s a floor mat...

jpaudet

Reaction score
The best floor mats I have found is Tuxmat. Always had Weathertech and I will never. Used it anymore since I found the Tuxmat one!

Attachments

• 568F7C9E-2A2A-4C78-B4B4-183D6FFC0B54.jpeg
    568F7C9E-2A2A-4C78-B4B4-183D6FFC0B54.jpeg
    201.5 KB · Views: 201
  • B00B0761-426D-4B94-95F8-5E3CFB36C9B1.jpeg
    B00B0761-426D-4B94-95F8-5E3CFB36C9B1.jpeg
    188.9 KB · Views: 202
  • FB948F86-52A5-48CD-9D48-F6300FDFF2EB.jpeg
    FB948F86-52A5-48CD-9D48-F6300FDFF2EB.jpeg
    218.8 KB · Views: 194

saxapl

Reaction score
Years of weathertech usage and I have never had a problem. When there is an issue with a design and they do an update, they even replace old mats free. I too am surprised by this thread. I did not realize so many people did not like them. All of the others pictured look good too. Truly an option for everyone.

cdub07

Reaction score
I come across these on amazon. I love the way they look and fit in my truck. Only downfall is they come in black only and don’t fit the trucks with the extra storage under the rear seat. They are heavier and thicker than weather techs. More of a rubber feel. Weathertechs and husky are good quality products but thought I’d try these out. I’m very pleased. 986328D6-83AF-4810-8DF7-7FF84CA54C9B.jpeg

ramhead

Reaction score
I come across these on amazon. I love the way they look and fit in my truck. Only downfall is they come in black only and don’t fit the trucks with the extra storage under the rear seat. They are heavier and thicker than weather techs. More of a rubber feel. Weathertechs and husky are good quality products but thought I’d try these out. I’m very pleased. View attachment 29553

An Amazon link or even a name of the maker would help....Is that "SW" stamped on mats?

cdub07

Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread