5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weather Tech or Husky floor mat ?

Ram-a-Kin

Reaction score
What is the difference between the Mopar 82215321AC and the 82215321AD slush mats? the descriptions read the same.

Peebs1021

Reaction score
Mopar is the way to go. The wife had Weathertech and the edges curled over on them. When you got in with wet feet, they were slick. Got her the Husky liners and they are great. Have a slightly rubberized texture that does not get slick.

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just installed the WeatherTech Floor Liner HP’s in my 2020 Laramie. They are pricey, but they seem to be very high quality, have a lot of coverage and fit perfect. They are more flexible than the older stuff.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Mopar, Rebel mats to be exact, with the red Rams head logo. Matches that 702 hp starter button

blue_by_you

Reaction score
i got the Mopar 82216412AA front and back for $155 and they have the red logo. really nice and likely to hold up well.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
What is the difference between the Mopar 82215321AC and the 82215321AD slush mats? the descriptions read the same.

Nothing. The last letter is usually just a revision change.
Actually, you're right and wrong. It is a revision change, but there is also a difference in them. There was a recall on the all-weather driver's floor mat in 2020. Any floor mat ending in AA, AB, or AC were included in the recall. So 82215321AC is one of the recalled floor mats. 82215321AD is for the revised floor mat. This pic shows what was changed...

Attachments

• Floor mat recall 1.JPG
    Floor mat recall 1.JPG
    106.2 KB · Views: 70

Nova90

Reaction score
I think the another difference in part numbers is the color of the Ram head logo that is on the mats. My Rebel came with a grey Ram head, I bought a set with a black Ram head. My Dad's Rebel has red interior, so his mats have the Ram head logo in red.

TyH2009

Reaction score
I just installed the WeatherTech Floor Liner HP’s in my 2020 Laramie. They are pricey, but they seem to be very high quality, have a lot of coverage and fit perfect. They are more flexible than the older stuff.
Same. I’ve has Weathertechs in multiple cars and these new HP’s are the best yet.

Amazing93

Reaction score
Neither. I just bought tux mats and they are 10000% superior to either husky or weathertech. Absolutely amazing

x50

Reaction score
I've had WeatherTech mats in my last three vehicles. They become hard and not flexible when it's cold out. The Mopar ones have remained soft and flexible this winter, with temps in the single digits. I prefer the Mopar ones over WeatherTech. Never had Husky so I cannot comment on those.

Ram-a-Kin

Reaction score
Actually, you're right and wrong. It is a revision change, but there is also a difference in them. There was a recall on the all-weather driver's floor mat in 2020. Any floor mat ending in AA, AB, or AC were included in the recall. So 82215321AC is one of the recalled floor mats. 82215321AD is for the revised floor mat. This pic shows what was changed...
Thanks for the info!

grimreefer

U.S. Merchant Marine
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If talking about OEM versus the thinner, harder and cheaper "plastic" Weathertech DigitalFit mats that everyone seems to be comparing to, the OEM mats are much, much better. The WeatherTech HP Floor Liners, however, are right on par with OEM in quality and materials and maybe a bit better because of a little more coverage.

Klicht87

Reaction score
Smartliner and Maxliner have a nice fit over the door sill and keep their shape over time. Very easy to keep clean with a small brush kept on the door panel. I keep the oem carpet mat with the help of some "heavy duty extreme dual lock".

View attachment 111109
I had the maxliner in a previous truck and wore a hole right through it. Not really sure how.

Klicht87

Reaction score
I really like the MOPAR all weather mats that came with my truck. I've owned Maxliner (didn't hold up, not even a year), and also Husky Liners. If the Mopar liners didn't come with my truck, I'd continue my business with Husky. They were really nice and a little bit cheaper than weathertech.

Users who are viewing this thread