5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weather Tech or Husky floor mat ?

BNeal

Reaction score
My weather tech hits the bottom of my driver's door and is bunched up by the door sil now. It looks like dog poo

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk
Yea, I am not a fan of Weather Tech. I have had two sets for two different cars/trucks and after about a year, they start to curl, and almost shrink. I would avoid them if it were me.

Moosefire66

Reaction score
Yea, I am not a fan of Weather Tech. I have had two sets for two different cars/trucks and after about a year, they start to curl, and almost shrink. I would avoid them if it were me.
I'm trying to talk to them to see if they will warranty it since it's curled basically since day 1. I sent pics but no response back yet in almost a week

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Time will tell, but these new WeatherTech HP mats are more like a thick rubber, not a harder plastic like past products. And the coverage is very good compared to past ones as well. I’m not a fan of plastic/rubber floor mats, but I’m impressed with these.

TyH2009

Reaction score
Time will tell, but these new WeatherTech HP mats are more like a thick rubber, not a harder plastic like past products. And the coverage is very good compared to past ones as well. I’m not a fan of plastic/rubber floor mats, but I’m impressed with these.
Agreed. The HP’s are better than the old version.

Andymax

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Actually, you're right and wrong. It is a revision change, but there is also a difference in them. There was a recall on the all-weather driver's floor mat in 2020. Any floor mat ending in AA, AB, or AC were included in the recall. So 82215321AC is one of the recalled floor mats. 82215321AD is for the revised floor mat. This pic shows what was changed...
Whoa...did not know that! Thanks for correcting me...I'll have to check mine. Would this mean they'll trade out if I have the old ones?

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Uhhhh. The factory ones in my Limited are ok, but these new Weathertechs are far better.
He's talking about the Mopar all-weather floor mats. I doubt your Limited came with them. It likely came with the mats that have the removable carpeted sections. Those don't have nearly as much coverage as the OEM all-weather floor mats.
Whoa...did not know that! Thanks for correcting me...I'll have to check mine. Would this mean they'll trade out if I have the old ones?
You should have gotten a recall notice if your truck originally came with those mats. If you added them aftermarket, but can show you purchased them from a CDJR dealership, you should also get a new one. But like I said, you'll need proof of when and where you purchased them. If you bought them from a non-Mopar source (such as Amazon), the recall won't apply to you. Keep in mind, they only replace the driver floor mat.

USMC1188

Reaction score
I honestly went with the OEM rubber mats for our Bighorn. Bought them on Amazon and saved quite a bit. Love them so far!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220314-140343_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20220314-140343_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 57

Moosefire66

Reaction score
In case anyone is wondering, since my weather tech mats were curling up so bad, I contacted them with pictures about it, and they are sending me their new mats that are rubber for free. The only downside is the mat I have is a full mat, and they're sending just the 2 footwell mats as warranty, as they apparently don't have a full mat that also includes the hump. Which works out well for me, as I plan on swapping out my center seat for a console.

But anyone else experiencing this might get a warranty too 20220305_025705.jpg 20220305_025711.jpg 20220305_025723.jpg

Rebelguy2020

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got the OEM all weather rubber mats with my Rebel, they are really good.
I bought second hand Weatherteck for my 2011 Ram Outdoorsman for the front, it went all across, much better coverage than OEM, the best thing to clean them was Spray 9, the downfall was it made them very slippery.
The weathertek mats we got for my wife's 2014 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk are absolute garbage, they did not seal at the edge of the door sill and the slushy salt water drained into the hook holes. It is weird that the Trailhawk came with cheap rubber mats, I later got OEM all weather mats for my wife’s 2017 Cherokee, so much better than the Weathertek. They also fit her newer 2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
In case anyone is wondering, since my weather tech mats were curling up so bad, I contacted them with pictures about it, and they are sending me their new mats that are rubber for free. The only downside is the mat I have is a full mat, and they're sending just the 2 footwell mats as warranty, as they apparently don't have a full mat that also includes the hump. Which works out well for me, as I plan on swapping out my center seat for a console.

But anyone else experiencing this might get a warranty too View attachment 123599 View attachment 123600 View attachment 123601

Damn, your interior is a mess, but your side step is spotless. 🤣

Last edited:

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Husky X-Act Contour mats are better than OEM or Weathertech and have better sill coverage (at least for the HD).

They are soft rubbery, not hard slippery plastic.

1647663485858.jpeg
1647663503697.jpeg

1647663456237.jpeg

1647663572928.jpeg

Moosefire66

Reaction score
Damn, your interior is a mess, but your side step is spotless.
Haha, mustve just gotten a carwash or something. But yeah, rough winter on the truck, the interior is getting a good scrub down once the new mats come in

grimreefer

U.S. Merchant Marine
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Last edited:

v65

Reaction score
Neither. I just bought tux mats and they are 10000% superior to either husky or weathertech. Absolutely amazing

I agree 10000%. I've had Weathertech on my last 6 vehicles. Gave Tuxmat a try and will never go back. They are fantastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score

But anyone else experiencing this might get a warranty too View attachment 123599 View attachment 123600 View attachment 123601

I've had two sets of WT mats do this same thing, and I swore off of them because of it. I really like the OEM mats. I just wish covered the threshold. After hearing about the new WT mats I'm interested in them, but I'd like to know how they hold up over time. And "weather" they curl up like the originals.

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the Weathertech HP Floorliners and would recommend them too. The rubber is high quality and I have had zero issues with them.

That being said, I just looked at the TuxMat mentioned above, and I think that's what is going to go into my wife's Traverse.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I just wish covered the threshold.
IMO, the flap that covers the threshold on the Weathertech's and the Husky's looks kind of cheesy because it doesn't completely cover the chrome "Ram" insert. I haven't had an issue with the plastic thresholds getting scratched up on my trucks, but I have with the painted part of the door sill. I had these on my Tundra. I've been looking for something similar for my Ram.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
IMO, the flap that covers the threshold on the Weathertech's and the Husky's looks kind of cheesy because it doesn't completely cover the chrome "Ram" insert. I haven't had an issue with the plastic thresholds getting scratched up on my trucks, but I have with the painted part of the door sill. I had these on my Tundra. I've been looking for something similar for my Ram.
Agreed. I want to protect the painted area and was extremely careful this past winter not to drag my feed across that area. The wife wasn't so careful on her side though LOL. I picked up some PPF to cover those areas for all 4 doors to keep them protected. Just waiting for nicer weather on a weekend I'm not busy with something else.

Users who are viewing this thread