5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We Have Discovered A Major Issue With Our Long-Term Laramie Sport:

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It would be great if Ram Cares and Ram Engineering responded to 5thgenrams and all of the other poor owners with lousy AC performance, the same way they responded to 5thgenrams' keyfob issue. Any chance 5thgenrams can use the engineering contacts who responded to keyfob issue to highlight the AC performance problem?

We can reach out and see.

green68mustang_2002

Reaction score
I have come from a lifetime ownership of GM trucks. My 19 Lone Star is the first Ram to ever own and the AC blows just as good as past vehicles, the last 4 ranging from 2012-2015. I live in East Texas and it gets hotter than most places people here live!!

Barqs

Reaction score
I gave Ram my VIN number and the dealer information for them to look further into it. I do have to take the truck back into the dealer soon, as I am having an issue with my 12-inch Uconnect system making my side of phone calls I am on go mute, like I hung up on the person I am on the phone with. So I am also going to have them check back and see about the issue as well. So, stay tuned, hopefully, that is all it was... but it is scary anyone could jump into your truck and take off with it if it was unlocked.

You got my attention on the phone issue. I've had similar problems with my 12" Uconnect making calls where the other person cannot hear me. It usually corrects itself if I hang up and dial back or they call me back. It's happened about half a dozen times on me now. I thought it may be an issue with my iPhone XR, but now that I read your post I have to wonder. Can you replicate it frequently enough for the dealership to investigate? I cannot get it to happen when I try it, so I'm afraid my dealer will return the vehicle with the "unable to duplicate" message.

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm having issues getting voicemail to play back over the truck audio using CarPlay with my Xs Max. This has been going on for the past several weeks. No UConnect update for the truck in that period. It could very well be on the iPhone side.

Snakes709

Reaction score
Mine wouldnt even start with the key fob in the truck. Multiple times i couldnt unlock it and/or start it.

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It was just a freak thing I guess. Concerning though. It hasn't done it since, unplugging the battery and letting it do a hard reset.

Users who are viewing this thread