5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We Have Discovered A Major Issue With Our Long-Term Laramie Sport:

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
We Have Discovered A Major Issue With Our Long-Term Laramie Sport:
Our Truck Starts Without The Keyfob Present...

Bdhays63

Reaction score
Hmm. Every night when I get home from work I get out of the truck and lock the door. I walk to the end of the driveway and get the mail. When I walk back past the truck I have noticed that the dash is illuminated with the “push to start” on the display. Guess I’m going to have to give this a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That’s No Bueno. Be curious to know what they find and whether it is a widespread issue. That would be baaaad.

BTW my truck does not do this. I have also not had it into the dealer since my last oil change which was months ago so haven’t had any recent software updates.

Pressgrove

Reaction score
Everyone here after reading this: :oops:o_O:oops:.... (looks out the window and pushes the lock button on their key fob).

Last edited:

Maxram

Reaction score
Mine doesn't do it, says "key fob not detected" when I hit the button. The truck hasn't been serviced since I bought it.

GAscooter

Reaction score
I had mine serviced and the air bag recall done a couple of weeks ago. I do not have this issue with mine.

brdima

Reaction score
mine shows the green glowing ring around the "push to start" icon, but than gives me the "key fob not in truck" message.

aametzger

Reaction score
mine shows the green glowing ring around the "push to start" icon, but than gives me the "key fob not in truck" message.
Same here. Working as expected. My truck has been at the dealer lately for an oil change and a few other things. I do not think it got any software updates.

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Mine will fire right up with both keys very far away from it!! WTF! @RamCares please escalate this. I called my dealer and they aren't worried about it.

I talked to the dealer today, I won't be able to get it in until after the Thanksgiving holiday. However, when I get home tonight I am disconnecting the battery and letting it sit for a bit and then reconnecting it to see if it resets.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Mine works as designed (does not start without key inside cab).

Gozar

Reaction score
Heck, one out of every 3-4 times I get in the truck my keyfob is not detected in my pocket, I have to hold it right up to the dash to start it.
Put in new battery and tried both FOBs, same thing.
I guess that means my truck is safe!

bonebro

Reaction score
Heck, one out of every 3-4 times I get in the truck my keyfob is not detected in my pocket, I have to hold it right up to the dash to start it.
Put in new battery and tried both FOBs, same thing.
I guess that means my truck is safe!
I had the same issue; removed the cargo led bulbs I installed and have not had any issues since.

Gozar

Reaction score
I had the same issue; removed the cargo led bulbs I installed and have not had any issues since.
That is good to know as I also replaced my rear cargo lights with LEDs, I will give that a try. Bummer if that is the issue, I kinda liked them that bright.

Tennessee G

Reaction score
Mine does not work without the fob. Did he mention where his second key is?

Users who are viewing this thread