5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Want to make my truck sound a little more mean

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Cool. Great to know. So last ques. Do you like the magnaflow note better? Since I know you said you didn’t want it too loud.
I do when seeing videos but people say its not the same as in person so Id definitely have to hear it in person before making my decision on something that expensive

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just fyi peeps. As I saw someone on forum suggested using your headphones/buds to listen to the sound pics. Which I now do and much more clear of sound definition compared to when I listened just straight off the phone.

trixdesigns

Reaction score
Biggziggie,

I am going a little left field for the "mean" sound!!! I am going the "exhaust cutout" route---I like that I get to control the sound off/on switch and or remote depending on which kit is purchased. So this gives you the ability to switch it to stock sound when you need it quiet, then switch it to mean and aggressive when you want to have fun!!!

I have to give props to QTP youtube video. I just don't see too much differents in the quality comparing the product to pay the higher dollar amount; so I went the ebay route for approx $60.00

It looked great, until you see the price ($400+) and that you'd also have to purchase the wireless controller kit ($90)..by that point you're almost up to a full carven catback cost.
I may just wind up the ebay route as well...

Love2driveRAM19

Reaction score
trixdesigns,

Here is a breakdown of cost and more discussions on the EBAY Exhaust Cutout:
https://5thgenrams.com/community/th...ler-delete-vs-axle-back-vs-full-catback.5703/

I have been trying to update my thoughts/findings as a review of the Ebay product in the thread above. The ability to turn it ON/OFF...priceless to go back to virtually stock sound.

For original OP, two welds (to remove the exhaust cutout) patch 3" exhaust pipe back in place and you can pretty much be back to stock.

Yedi

Reaction score
just a heads up for you ebay guys... 15% off site wide today with the app. I finally ordered my 24" magnaflow from mufflex that Ive been waiting for this code to pop up again.

Bsintay

Reaction score
I ordered the B2, ready to take to local shop for install. Is anyone welding this on? Should it be? Is there any difference? I know it ships with a clamp for install.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would just clamp it to start with. If you really enjoy it then a tac weld or 2 so no worries of movement. If not, remove & get a different muffler spec that will bolt right up to what you already done.

Users who are viewing this thread