5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Want to make my truck sound a little more mean

Biggziggie

Reaction score
Im new to this truck game. Just got my 2019 laramie with the sport appearance. Only thing im missing is the sound of a mean truck. Only issue, this is a leased truck.

What can i do thats minimal to editing this truck that will not really effect me when i return it. Is there a way to mess with the exhaust without really messing with it too much? Anything i can do to just leave on the truck for 36 months and then remove it before i return it? Help! Lol im a newbie!

Attachments

• 41F0F4DC-1ACF-4E14-AF7B-A98509B2F685.jpeg
    41F0F4DC-1ACF-4E14-AF7B-A98509B2F685.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 108

John813

Reaction score
Weld a louder muffler on and keep the stock one?
Then just have a muffler shop put the stocker back on?

You could buy a full catback but that's on the $600+ range for a truck you will only keep 3 years, and you'll need to store the stock muffler/piping somewhere.

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I did the 24" Mufflex Magnaflow Muffler - located in Trenton, NJ - just a mellow sound but a good increase from stock since I didnt want too loud. Less than $50 for the install and $342 for the actual muffler if you are in that area they specialize in RAMs.

Kept the old muffler to put back on if I decide to not keep it after the lease ends.

DanSkan

Reaction score
I did the Flowmaster Super 40 performance muffler with inlet & outlet offsets and a short length of 3" stainless steel exhaust pipe. Cut the existing pipe a couple of inches in front of the muffler and a couple of inches behind the muffler to remove it and leave enough pipe on the muffler to reinstall the stock muffler later if required. Cheap and fairly simple for a nice exhaust rumble. Only tricky part is the additional hanger clamp needed to connect behind the shorter muffler to the pipe.

Yedi

Reaction score
I did the 24" Mufflex Magnaflow Muffler - located in Trenton, NJ - just a mellow sound but a good increase from stock since I didnt want too loud. Less than $50 for the install and $342 for the actual muffler if you are in that area they specialize in RAMs.

Kept the old muffler to put back on if I decide to not keep it after the lease ends.

Any chance of getting a video? I really want to add some tone to my Rebel, but am worried about drawing too much attention to myself....been down that road in the past. On the fence about the 24" or a flowmaster flow fx

DonsRam19

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Any chance of getting a video? I really want to add some tone to my Rebel, but am worried about drawing too much attention to myself....been down that road in the past. On the fence about the 24" or a flowmaster flow fx
the 14' magnaflow muffler isnt that loud and has a nice tone to it. perfect for me.

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Ill try to get you one tomorrow night - not too much louder than stock but definitely sounds way better.

Wolleworld

Reaction score
Im new to this truck game. Just got my 2019 laramie with the sport appearance. Only thing im missing is the sound of a mean truck. Only issue, this is a leased truck.

What can i do thats minimal to editing this truck that will not really effect me when i return it. Is there a way to mess with the exhaust without really messing with it too much? Anything i can do to just leave on the truck for 36 months and then remove it before i return it? Help! Lol im a newbie!
Get the flowmaster direct fit muffler. They are great for leased vehicles. I had the american thunder on my current 2018 which i transferred from my 2017. Already purchased the Flowmaster Flow FX for the 2019. Super easy install, just cut the pipe and unbolt at the flange and remove from hangers. When you turn in the lease just reverse the process and buy a clamp for where you made the cut. You can then install the muffler on your next ram or sell it. Flow Fx has moderate sound lets you know a Hemi is there and the Outlaw is more aggressive. You can youtube for sound clips.
Part - https://www.holley.com/products/exhaust/exhaust_systems/parts/717847
Install -
Flow Fx Sound Clip -
Outlaw Sound Clip-

wildh24

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You could make it play a loop of trump insults from the speakers. That would make it sound mean.

MFALRAM

Reaction score

They have flowmaster direct fit muffler so you can unbolt factory and bolt the direct fit on is probably the easiest

Rambro23

Reaction score
Go Magnaflow and forget about it!

DIRTRIDER

Reaction score

Can't wait to hear your vid, I had the 18" Mufflex kit on my '14 RAM and had drone at 1400-1600 RPM, any drone with your 24" ?

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can't wait to hear your vid, I had the 18" Mufflex kit on my '14 RAM and had drone at 1400-1600 RPM, any drone with your 24" ?

Quickly made this video didnt have anyone to hold the phone from the side but I think it lets you hear the difference between stock.

No cabin drone on the 24” - would have taken an in cabin video too but NY traffic was bumper to bumper when I got in the truck after this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not seeing link

Just redid it on youtube. Coming in blurry for some reason not sure why since I have the iPhone XS Max but the sound is the same

Will go out and do it once more now for you guys since I have time

Users who are viewing this thread