5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Very Disappointed in Ram

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My 2019 is at the dealer now getting 3 broken manifold bolts replaced and they said it would be 3 days because they need to order parts. I asked for a loaner and service advisor called in for approval and was told I could have one up to 4 days.

Unfortunately the service advisor next to us said they were out of loaners and could do nothing for me.

Ram sucks.

When I had a Tundra, I was given a loaner anytime I had warranty work done that would take more than 1 day. If they didn’t have a loaner at the Toyota dealer, I could go to Enterprise and I would get reimbursed. I would expect when I buy a more expensive Ram, I’d get a loaner no matter where it came from.
I get this in writing when I purchase new if the purchasing dealer is where I plan on having it serviced! Had a dealer try to deny me a Loaner once, although it was written on my purchase agreement. I called and said I was calling my lawyer. The sales man gave me his car to drive! I call BS on this, I’d think they can put a dealer tag on any new/used vehicle on the lot. Maybe every state is different with insurance? State Farm covers any vehicle I drive!

Last edited:

Gs72174

Reaction score
When you had your Toyota, cars were plentiful. In 2021, they are not due to the chip issue thus it was a matter of keeping a lot full of loaners or make a killing selling them. I promise you, your old Toyota dealer is also out of loaners as is Chevy, Ford, Subaru, Ram, etc.

The Toyota dealer gave me the option of using one of their loaners or going to enterprise. I took advantage of this when they needed my truck for multiple days and they didn’t have any Tundras to loan out. I told them I needed a full size and they told me to get a truck from Enterprise and they would reimburse me. And that’s what I did and they reimbursed me.

So I get your point about the lack of loaner inventory but it doesn’t really matter in this case. Since the Toyota dealer took care of me when they didn’t have an equivalent loaner vehicle. And that was 10 years ago when there was wasn’t an issue with inventory.

Users who are viewing this thread