5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vented seat module?

jsimon26

Reaction score
I'm communicating with Gen5DIY.com | Home of all your do it yourself needs about building body side harnesses to feed the rear seat heaters and blower fans. I'm guessing they're going to be really expensive, since they will be one offs; but I'll let you know.

Sounds good, lmk. Still haven’t heard back from Jimmy. Maybe they’ll do it a little cheaper if we do 2 sets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brental1

Reaction score
I received this in December from Gen5DIY

"Thu, Dec 21, 2023 at 11:07 AM

Do you need a jumper harness to these plugs? If so does our harness need both the male and female sides on it "

I responded that I didn't understand and clarified what I needed the harnesses to do. They didn't respond. I sent a bump a few weeks ago, and nothing. Seems like they're not interested--or out of business? Have you had any luck?

jsimon26

Reaction score
I received this in December from Gen5DIY

"Thu, Dec 21, 2023 at 11:07 AM

Do you need a jumper harness to these plugs? If so does our harness need both the male and female sides on it "

I responded that I didn't understand and clarified what I needed the harnesses to do. They didn't respond. I sent a bump a few weeks ago, and nothing. Seems like they're not interested--or out of business? Have you had any luck?

Unfortunately haven’t had any luck either. Wrote to Jimmy a few times and haven’t got anything back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tonka + Vada

Reaction score
I found a full set of laramie seats from a bone yard with blown air bags for $900. I swapped my air bags in and had someone sew new zippers in the seats.
Truck harnesses plug right in. Also will gain power seat on the passenger side.
Nothing else is needed but alfaobd/bypass cable to program the 12" for the vented seat buttons to appear. For the 8.4" im not sure since they are physical buttons

Hi brother doing The same conversion...have the option to buy the seats ....and door cards and center console ..carpet..putting into an 2019 Bighorn HO ...is there anything you recommend or that's needed. I have access to full truck.

brental1

Reaction score
Hi brother doing The same conversion...have the option to buy the seats ....and door cards and center console ..carpet..putting into an 2019 Bighorn HO ...is there anything you recommend or that's needed. I have access to full truck.
I've posted a lot about this. My truck, 2022 BH with Level 1 Equipment Group was missing MANY wires to make the heated/vented, power pass. seats and heated steering wheel work. I had the dismantler pull the complete IP and Cabin harnesses from the donor truck. I would never have been able to make it work without the donor harnesses. I think they charged me $300 labor to pull the harnesses; but it my case it was worth every penny. You also need the Center Stack with the Heated and/or Vented seat buttons. If you're doing Heated Steering Wheel, you need the Steering Wheel and the Clock Spring. The 'standard' clock spring doesn't contain the extra 2 wires for the heated wheel.

Users who are viewing this thread