5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vented seat module?

Swicago

Reaction score
Do you also have the controls for ventilation on your 8.4 screen? I think that is what they were getting at. Since the physical buttons for ventilated seats wouldn’t be there, they would be programmed to the 12” screen. I just don’t know if they can also be programmed to the 8.4 screen.
Yes, they are accessible via menu as well. Physical buttons are easier imo

mjdrebel

Reaction score
What are the AlphaOBD settings to add ventilated seats for a Rebel 12?

Daverous

Reaction score
In addition you'll need to change your seat material type in alfaobd. Think I set mine to 6 or 7 if memory serves.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200915-153205_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200915-153205_Gallery.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 48

mjdrebel

Reaction score
Thanks for the seat material type. There are 0-15 settings. Does anyone know what each setting relates to? Also I am still struggling to get the option for the vented seats to show up in my Controls Page on my 12" screen.

I have done via AlphaOBD the following:

front ventilated seats to YES then start via AlphaOBD

memory - front ventilated seats present to YES via AlphaOBD

ECUConfig 3 - Front Ventilated Seats Present to YES via AlphaOBD

Memory - Front Vented Seats Present - I selected type as 15.

Also once all these settings are started AlphaOBD has done its job - Is this correct. How do I confirm? Should I disconnect the security bypass cable or does it matter? How much time is needed for truck to reboot so to speak for changes to occur?

mjdrebel

Reaction score
OK here is not a good update.

I cannot get the vented seat option to come up in my12" screen.

I feel I have tried everything.

I programmed fog lights to stay on with high beams and rear tailgate notification but I cannot get the vented seat option to appear.

So frustrated.

I am choosing 2021 DT Powernet.

Daverous

Reaction score
Takes time for the csm radio features to show up. Or you can try a radio ecu reset to force it.

Daverous

Reaction score
The first time I set mine it took until the next day when I left work. Do a radio ecu reset twice in alfa and see if it pops up.

mjdrebel

Reaction score
The first time I set mine it took until the next day when I left work. Do a radio ecu reset twice in alfa and see if it pops up.
Thanks I will try that. Then leave it overnight.

You so helpful.

mjdrebel

Reaction score
I had to add two things in my config via AlphaOBD:

STEP 1 - First I changed ECUConfig 3: Front Ventilated Seats Present - YES

The vented seats showed up in the 12" screen but would not do anything as previously discussed by others. So I moved onto STEP 2.

STEP 2 - Second - Memory: Front Vented Seats Present - YES

Restarted car.

SUCCESS

The key is to do STEP 1 and wait until the option for vented seats comes up in screen.

I am so pumped. It is exhausting reading all the information so I hope this helps.

I know have a 2021 Ram Rebel with Laramie GT Seats with ventilated seats.

Now onto the daunting prospect of adding 360.

jsimon26

Reaction score
Reviving an old thread. So I'm about to swap Laramie seats into my Big Horn. The fronts seem easy, just plug and play and program with AlfaOBD, which I already have. For the rears, I'm not worried about the heat/cooling function if the rears have it that I'm receiving. I'm just wondering if the mounting bracket is the same for the rear seats? I know the center armrest/cup holders are completely different.

brental1

Reaction score
Did anyone figure out a way to install the ventilated seat parts on the existing Rebel seats yet? Or is buying Laramie or higher seats still required? I would think you could just add the blower fans to the existing fans and plug them in, but I'm sure it's not that simple.
I swapped a Laramie reclining, heated rear seat into my 2022 BH. I'm trying to add vent to it. I have purchased the bags and the blowers. I can't figure out how to install the bags. Below the leather is the heater pad and below it is about 1/2" of black foam (appears to be open cell). I THINK I will need to separate the 1/2" black foam from the regular seat foam--and then insert the bag between the two. One side of the bag is adhesive. I think I would need to add glue to attach the bag to the regular foam; then use the self adhesive to attach to the black 1/2" foam. But, I'm wondering why only one side of the bas has adhesive. So, this makes me think there is something wrong with my planning. Has anyone actually added the bag to a heated only seat? Thanks, Brent

jsimon26

Reaction score
I swapped a Laramie reclining, heated rear seat into my 2022 BH. I'm trying to add vent to it. I have purchased the bags and the blowers. I can't figure out how to install the bags. Below the leather is the heater pad and below it is about 1/2" of black foam (appears to be open cell). I THINK I will need to separate the 1/2" black foam from the regular seat foam--and then insert the bag between the two. One side of the bag is adhesive. I think I would need to add glue to attach the bag to the regular foam; then use the self adhesive to attach to the black 1/2" foam. But, I'm wondering why only one side of the bas has adhesive. So, this makes me think there is something wrong with my planning. Has anyone actually added the bag to a heated only seat? Thanks, Brent

Did you get the heated part to work? If so, how did you do the wiring?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brental1

Reaction score
Did you get the heated part to work? If so, how did you do the wiring?

I did get the heat and vent (front seats) working. Had to replace my center stack with one that had heat and vent switches. Had to add a lot of wires to, and between, the yellow plugs under the seats. I have not worked on the rears yet, to get the heated part to work. On one side of the rear seat there is a 16 pin connector; and 10 pin on the other side (diagrams attached). The donor harness I bought to make the front seats work does not contain connectors for the rear seat. So, I'll need to build, or have someone build, harnesses to run from the front of the truck to the rear seat. I have installed the heat and vent switches for the rear seat in the rear of the center console, and replaced my console wire harness with one that has connectors for the switches. Also, I've added the necessary wires to the harness between the front of the truck and the center console connector. All that said, I've read that it's not possible to have the rear seat heat/vent option flashed to a truck newer than 2020. If this is true, I've wasted a lot of money and time.

Attachments

• 102B81F3-A99F-4ECA-8507-13C2F8270291.png
    102B81F3-A99F-4ECA-8507-13C2F8270291.png
    121.9 KB · Views: 16
  • C045CA23-588B-4A14-BC03-980A4D7B2AF5.png
    C045CA23-588B-4A14-BC03-980A4D7B2AF5.png
    113.9 KB · Views: 16

jsimon26

Reaction score
I did get the heat and vent (front seats) working. Had to replace my center stack with one that had heat and vent switches. Had to add a lot of wires to, and between, the yellow plugs under the seats. I have not worked on the rears yet, to get the heated part to work. On one side of the rear seat there is a 16 pin connector; and 10 pin on the other side (diagrams attached). The donor harness I bought to make the front seats work does not contain connectors for the rear seat. So, I'll need to build, or have someone build, harnesses to run from the front of the truck to the rear seat. I have installed the heat and vent switches for the rear seat in the rear of the center console, and replaced my console wire harness with one that has connectors for the switches. Also, I've added the necessary wires to the harness between the front of the truck and the center console connector. All that said, I've read that it's not possible to have the rear seat heat/vent option flashed to a truck newer than 2020. If this is true, I've wasted a lot of money and time.

That would suck if it’s not possible. My fronts were easy as I already had heated fronts and the 12” screen so it was plug and play for the vented with just activating them with AlfaOBD. My seats also came with the whole center console with the rear heated switch so I just swapped that in. It had the wireless charging pad and armrest with the ram logo so it was just easier to swap the whole thing in rather than take the stuff apart. Sounds like you had a lot more work than I did.

I’ve been messaging Jimmy07 on him making a harness to get the power to the rear seats and he said that it should be possible for him to make so we’ll see.

brental1

Reaction score
That would suck if it’s not possible. My fronts were easy as I already had heated fronts and the 12” screen so it was plug and play for the vented with just activating them with AlfaOBD. My seats also came with the whole center console with the rear heated switch so I just swapped that in. It had the wireless charging pad and armrest with the ram logo so it was just easier to swap the whole thing in rather than take the stuff apart. Sounds like you had a lot more work than I did.

I’ve been messaging Jimmy07 on him making a harness to get the power to the rear seats and he said that it should be possible for him to make so we’ll see.

Sounds good. BTW, I didn't have to flash the heated/vented front seats--heated steering wheel to my truck. The hard buttons on the center stack just worked as soon as I got everything connected. The soft buttons on the screen aren't there (althought I can live without them). I have a recall on my truck--something about the rear camera. I'm going to ask the dealer to make me a deal on labor; since they'll already have the computer conneccted to the truck for the recall. In addition to the seats and steering wheel, I also installed power running boards and bed lights that need flashed too. I'll probably take a chance and pay to get a harness built for the rear heat/vent seats--hoping they can be flashed to my truck. Please let me know if Jimmy is going to build them for you. Maybe we can get better pricing in he builds 2 ??

jsimon26

Reaction score
Sounds good. BTW, I didn't have to flash the heated/vented front seats--heated steering wheel to my truck. The hard buttons on the center stack just worked as soon as I got everything connected. The soft buttons on the screen aren't there (althought I can live without them). I have a recall on my truck--something about the rear camera. I'm going to ask the dealer to make me a deal on labor; since they'll already have the computer conneccted to the truck for the recall. In addition to the seats and steering wheel, I also installed power running boards and bed lights that need flashed too. I'll probably take a chance and pay to get a harness built for the rear heat/vent seats--hoping they can be flashed to my truck. Please let me know if Jimmy is going to build them for you. Maybe we can get better pricing in he builds 2 ??

You should probably invest in AlfaOBD at this point so you can just update all the settings yourself. It pays for itself once you make 1 or 2 changes.

I haven’t heard back from Jimmy at all. I reached out a few times asking if he’s made any progress and haven’t got a response

brental1

Reaction score
You should probably invest in AlfaOBD at this point so you can just update all the settings yourself. It pays for itself once you make 1 or 2 changes.

I haven’t heard back from Jimmy at all. I reached out a few times asking if he’s made any progress and haven’t got a response

OK, I'll look into ALFA. I wounder if there's someone else who can build the harnesses. I could do it if I had a donor harness to work with. But the donor harness I got to do my fronts didn't have any wires for the rears

brental1

Reaction score

I'm communicating with Gen5DIY.com | Home of all your do it yourself needs about building body side harnesses to feed the rear seat heaters and blower fans. I'm guessing they're going to be really expensive, since they will be one offs; but I'll let you know.

Users who are viewing this thread