5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vader's Rebel is level, Motofab 2.5" and UCA's

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So damn excited, had to post 3 days early, but first thing Sunday morning the my Rebel will finally be level.

All the tools are laid out like christmas decorations, parts and airlines, jackstands and floor mats... oh my! I'm like a 12 year old about to build his first model rocket. It's been a while since I've had a meaningful project on a vehicle and anticipation is high.

I'll be using the Motofab 2.5" strut spacers with new UCA's from Readylift. I decided on the new UCA's, even though some members have had success with the 2.5" spacers without UCA's, because I'm already taking it all apart and why chance not being able to properly align the truck or pop a ball joint out in the schticks, no thanks. So, tip of the hat to all the folks contributing ideas and solid info on the forums, it should make this little project a real pleasure!

Pics and thoughts to follow soon!

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good luck! It is a pretty straight forward job. Did it with a second set of hands in about 2 hours. The first side took a bit, trying to figure it all out. The second side went real quick.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks, unfortunately I'll be going at it on my own, but I've installed transmissions and rear ends solo, so this should be a breeze. It'll just take me longer, time to savor the moment so to speak!

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looking forward to the end product pictures. I was going to recommend (suggest) doing a youtube, but since your doing this solo, I'll simply say, "Godspeed on your project."

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I’m as happy for you as you are for yourself, good luck and I’m sure with your skillset this will be a walk in the park.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words of encouragement folks! This project is only made better by the inclusion of your comments/thoughts/advice and I can't wait to post pics and thoughts on it as a DIY solo install.

Right now I'm flashing the chimney at the cottage that the roofer neglected to do last year. This is why I do everything myself, can't trust people to do a job right.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Flashing, isn’t that illegal lol. Just joshing with yaaa, no really what exactly does that mean ?

syddog 2000

Reaction score
Sounds like a great project, will be waiting to see the results. I would offer to come and help, but its a bit of a commute from SWFL.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There's a few of you I would love to have in lawn chairs in the garage, sippin on cold ones as we collectively enjoy the afternoon turning wrenches.

Aah, the good life.

sgk

Reaction score
I wouldn't be invited, not a blue bombers fan nor do I drink Molson Canadian. But if you broadcast it Id watch.:D However, the wife was born in Neepawa so were almost neighbors, maybe that would get me a lawn chair.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ok, the Rebel is level! 4hrs start to finish, including test drive/shakedown. No clearence issues, no clunks or rattles. Handled just as stock, could tell no ride difference what so ever.

The meat and potatoes are... don't attempt this on your own unless you have absolutely no fear of pulling apart your entire front end without a book or Youtube. Not for beginners.

For those of you with the right tools and knowledge, have at it!

Things to look out for... Readylift doesn't send there balljoints greased so have a grease gun on hand. Air tools will save you a lot of time. The strut is turned 180° because of the spacer design, so some subtle nudging was needed to get the lower bolt back in. The instructions actually recommend compression of the spring and twisting of the shock assembly to get the correct angle. I don't work for Nasa and I have strong hands, so subtle manipulation was my approach. I'm really happy with the results and had a ton of fun with my son all day turning wrenches!

Before:
20180930_163450.jpg

After:
20180930_163510.jpg

The results:
20180930_161509.jpg

sgk

Reaction score
looks so much better, well done. You also can't go wrong with father-son time. can't wait for a proper way level an air suspension Ram.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Great result, and some helpful information for those going down the same path.

Changing the subject, I used to drive a sugar beet truck every fall for a farmer outside of Steinbach, Manitoba. My weekend pastime was listing to the Blue Bombers on the AM radio. I still follow the team on the internet.

syddog 2000

Reaction score
Awesome job really looks great. You didn’t need my help after all. Can’t beat time with the kids. More Dads need to spend constructive time with there kids. These are valuable lessons.

Jeffg

Reaction score
I think the truck looks great . I’ve been considering doing the same set up. Were you able to purchase the uca’s separate because I have only seen them in a kit. If so do you have any part numbers?

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think the truck looks great . I’ve been considering doing the same set up. Were you able to purchase the uca’s separate because I have only seen them in a kit. If so do you have any part numbers?

Yes, I purchased the spacers and UCA's from Amazon.

ReadyLift 67-1500 Upper Control Arms

MotoFab Lifts DR-2.5-2.5" Front Leveling Lift Kit

Users who are viewing this thread