5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

USB media hub ports charge intermittently/no car play; 2019 Ram 1500 with 12" display.

Mdeans

Reaction score
I had the same “fix” for mine, if I didn’t have the 1/8” jack plugged into aux my screen would jump constantly from input to input. Since taking the console out I have no issues with power to usbs and the media hub is working as it should. Thing is, I didn’t actually do anything, I just took the console out, did a mod (took the cd player out), put the console back in after cleaning the connectors and it all works now. Well, maybe not all, the light under my console lid stopped working. That’s fine, I’d rather have power and CarPlay again. Edit: Do you have a cd player? It’s curious to me that things work now without it.
How easy was it taking the console out?

eye exaggerate

Reaction score
How easy was it taking the console out?
4 plastic covers to pry off at the base of the console, then 1 piece on either side of it where it meets the dash. After that it’s 6 10mm bolts to loosen. Pull back, detach 2 connectors and it’s done. There’s enough room in the cab to stand it up and then turn to lay it down and get it out.

irishwake63

Reaction score
the first time I have ever had a truck that is so dependent on the radio controlling everything making the truck useless half the time, the glitchy POS is making me decide to never get another RAM along with all the other crap rear window leaking, exhaust manifold cracking whats next? As soon as interest rates come down if they ever do I will go to a pre 2019 model F250

Mdeans

Reaction score
4 plastic covers to pry off at the base of the console, then 1 piece on either side of it where it meets the dash. After that it’s 6 10mm bolts to loosen. Pull back, detach 2 connectors and it’s done. There’s enough room in the cab to stand it up and then turn to lay it down and get it out.
Thanks for the info!

Ultra-Harley

Reaction score
Its the connector on the back of the USH port panelports....I reached behind the panel (hard to do) and reseated them. I haven't had an issue since.
I was getting constant charging not changing and dropping of apple car play.

Users who are viewing this thread