5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

USB Charge Only Option?

djjr50

Reaction score
so then it basically disabled data for all the ports and if you want to listen to something on your phone you have to toggle it back on by going thru the Uconnect menus? Basically it’s all usbs data on or all are off?
No. I have it to where my phone is permitted but the others are not.

3rdCoast

Reaction score
AH HA!!!! Now THAT looks like an answer right there!!! So that type of a cable essentially makes even a data port just transfer power and not accept/look for input from a device? I can just keep a couple of those cables in the truck instead of the typical ones and it's a done deal? Yahtzee!!
Is there a way to make the multitude of USB ports spread throughout the interior all just be for charging? Every time I've got the kids in the truck with me, they plug their phone(s) in to charge them up and the next thing I know my bluetooth music streaming is interrupted by a bunch of messages on the screen wanting to setup Android Auto for their phone(s), and whatever the kids are listening to on their phone takes over on the speakers. I hate it and just want the darn USB ports to be for charging, plain and simple. We don't need to plug into anything to "connect"... Is there a menu option to make this happen, or even at least a way to make a priority list of what the system looks for or keeps active when something does get plugged in, so it doesn't pop up on the screen and whatnot?
A small piece of kit known as a juice- jacker defender will offer a versatile solution for this issue and is highly recommended if using unsecured ports while traveling. They are compatible with all brands cell charging cords.

3rdCoast

Reaction score
This is what I keep in mine. People can bring their own cables and this sits between the cable and the port.

PortaPow 3rd Gen USB Data Blocker (Black) - Protect Against Juice Jacking https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XGM6LJB/
Agreed, this will offer a versatile solution for this issue and are highly recommended if using unsecured ports while traveling. Also, as you mentioned, they are compatible with all brands cell charging cords.

Users who are viewing this thread