5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Usb c

CCryder500

Reaction score
I have a moto Z3 and it fast charges when plugged into the USB-C port. The display says "Turbo Power Connected" and it only says that when fast charging. I can plug my phone in when I leave work and it is fully charged when I get home : )

Bataylor916

Reaction score
Fyi I bought some usb c to c cables and did not get fast charging. I bought the cables in the link in this thread and also do not get fast charging. I do on my regular a/c adapter at home and from a 12 volt charger, but not the USB c to c cables. Samsung note 8 phone. Bummer, everything works fine but was hoping to find a non 12 volt way to get the full charging speed.

Bataylor916

Reaction score
Just a little more detail on this. So my phone was at 70%. I plugged in the 12V adapter and it said "Fast Charging" about 40 minutes. I plugged in the new USB C cable recommended here, it said 1hr52 mins to charge. I tried another USB C to C cable, roughly the same time.

I tried a regular USB A to USB C cable in the USB A 1 port on teh dash. That didn't say fast charging but said about 45 mins to charge.

I'm thinking the USB C handshake for full fast charging is incomplete or perhaps I am still at cable confusion step...

Users who are viewing this thread