5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Usb c

RamRebelSteel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What is the purpose of the usb c connection next the the normal usb2.0? I tried searching on the search function but it keeps telling me my search is too short. But yea...even finding cables that are usb c to usb c are really hard to find. Do they perform fast charging for android phones or something?

revolutionz

Reaction score
Yes, they are fast charging ports. The usb-a ports are normal charging speeds. The fast charging really helps when using android auto. The cables are all over amazon. Just make sure you get one rated for 3.1 as they're typically more reliable to negotiate fast charging than usb 2.0 cables.

Last edited:

slivoman

Reaction score
Most new phones and pretty much any device is Type-C now.

DeanKing

Reaction score
You could also use them for iPhone 8 and above fast charging. You need to get the apple usb-c to lightning charge cable.

Bwarren2

Reaction score
is it just me or does the usb c port charge slow as hell? My wifes usb-c port is even slower than mine. Is this a cable or car issue?

NeedMo$

Reaction score
I have tried different cables and both type c ports. Neither give me fast charging on my S8+. They are no different the the standard usb ports from what I see. To get fast charging in the Ram, I have to plug in a QC3.0 115v charger.

DeanKing

Reaction score
is it just me or does the usb c port charge slow as hell? My wifes usb-c port is even slower than mine. Is this a cable or car issue?
You have a phone capable of fast charging and the right cable. There is a handshaking process between the truck and the phone. I suppose it is possible someone doesn't want to shake hands properly.

namhoang22

Reaction score
To get the fast charge you need to get the handshake right :). If not it will be doing normal 5V @ 1A. The USB-C port in RAM truck can provide ~15W (5V/3A). I tested with my HP laptop. it's charge my laptop when my Laptop OFF :). I haven't test with my IPhone X and USB-C to Lightning cable. I check it when I have time.

Bwarren2

Reaction score
I have a Samsung Note 8 and am using the factory samsung cable....

Bwarren2

Reaction score

kjk05006

Reaction score
Anyone have a link for the iPhone usb-c to lightning cable? Having a hard time finding one.

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am Having issues now, I cant play music when connectednw this cable, only stream through bluetooth which is not as good. Any ideas?

I had this happen once.

Before starting the engine, I connected my iPhone to the usb c. Then started the engine. The phone buzzed a few times and then CarPlay connected.

hup5150

Reaction score
I have tried different cables and both type c ports. Neither give me fast charging on my S8+. They are no different the the standard usb ports from what I see. To get fast charging in the Ram, I have to plug in a QC3.0 115v charger.
Same here.totally lame. I bought four different high-wattage USB c cables off Amazon tried them all none of them said fast charging. The only way to get fast charging on my phone is to use the AC plug in. What ********.

Users who are viewing this thread