5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upper glove box light

Jfluffy2

Reaction score
the are LED's I have taken the entire glove box out of my truck to repair the light switch,

Reactions: BGC

Jfluffy2

Reaction score
So i take it on the uppeer trim levels it is “mood lighting” and on my big horn it is work correctly by coming on when i open the glove box and going off when i close it?
yes it is mood lighting and they will not go off when the glove box is shut. if you look at your ingestion switch it has mood lighting also .

jsrhett

Reaction score
So I also have this issue with my Laramie, and no it is not the mood lighting. This is also causing a battery drain on my truck since it is not a daily driver for me. I have had the entire charging system checked at the dealership, and replaced the battery and now the new battery will not start the truck and shows a charge of 12 amps.

has this happened to anyone else?

U

User_67930

it's not really difficult to take the glove box out. There's hidden screw in the right a/c vent but the vent pop's right out and you can get to it. if you like I can write up the steps.

Yes, please do a write up on it. I just noticed my '19 BigHorn upper glovebox light stays on and I'm just out of warranty.

spdglez78

Reaction score
Sorry to bring up an old thread. I could use a glovebox removal writeup as well.
Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Toolittletime

Reaction score
So I also have this issue with my Laramie, and no it is not the mood lighting. This is also causing a battery drain on my truck since it is not a daily driver for me. I have had the entire charging system checked at the dealership, and replaced the battery and now the new battery will not start the truck and shows a charge of 12 amps.

has this happened to anyone else?
I pulled the vent out, put a dab of hot glue on a screwdriver and applied the dab to the plastic arm then smoothed it with my finger, works like a champ

Users who are viewing this thread