5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UPPER CONSOLE BUTTONS

Camshaft

Reaction score
Stupid question but can anyone confirm what the overhead button with the driver's open image does, it says 'off"
My guess is being able to back up with door open but haven't tested that theory.
Thanks

Attachments

• 2019-ram-1500-top-controls-switches.jpg
    2019-ram-1500-top-controls-switches.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 223

Doc33

Reaction score
Stupid question but can anyone confirm what the overhead button with the driver's open image does, it says 'off"
My guess is being able to back up with door open but haven't tested that theory.
Thanks
That will turn off interior lights when you open door

Camshaft

Reaction score
Hey, thanks. When would that ever be an issue? Why would someone leave the door open for extended periods? Or just not want the lights to go on for a few seconds until the door is closed?

Doc33

Reaction score
Hey, thanks. When would that ever be an issue? Why would someone leave the door open for extended periods? Or just not want the lights to go on for a few seconds until the door is closed?
Everyone has there own preferences I guess.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Imagine if you are doing a stakeout and don’t want any lights alerting your presence. Or like stated personal preference lol..

Konrad

Reaction score
Imagine if you are doing a stakeout and don’t want any lights alerting your presence. Or like stated personal preference lol..
Stakeout??? For a stakeout you'd need a thick blanket to cover your dashboard display, because - for reasons incomprehensible to me - this thing will light up and stay lit with its full power for quite a long time. At the same time we can't have interior lights that'll turn on when you park and turn off the engine after dark. No, you have to fumble in the dark searching for your keys, phone etc. until you open the door. I'd really love to have a conversation with a designer who came up with this setup to learn the thought process behind this nonsense.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

zlman

Reaction score
I used the feature all the time in my last truck, I'm sure I will in this one also.
I keep interior lights off when camping, 99% of the time I know where something is inside and I don't want to be blinded and destroy my night vision just to grab something quick.

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
sleeping family members for sure

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When you turn the OFF light button ON all the interior light will stay off when off door opened also that included high mount light next next to 3rd brake light and light under side mirror.

MTGC

Reaction score
I replaced the halogens for LEDs today and the OFF button came off of the overhead console. Didn’t think it would be a big deal as I could get it back in place BUT when driving today, the OFF / ON switch no longer works on the overhead console. Anyone here have an ideas??

Users who are viewing this thread