5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upgrading seat swap from tradesman (Heated seats)

brental1

Reaction score
Fiat was really sneaky on this, at least on my truck 2022 BH Level 1 EQ.
While the Fused B+ (I don't have my diagrams handy), I think the 2.0 MM RD for the seat motors was present in the Yellow connector under the passenger seat, I discovered from Jimmy07 that the wire was not continuous to the Power Distribution Center. Follow the harness from the Yellow Seat Connector. At the first connector junction, I think you'll see that there is no mating 2.0MM Red in the other connector. You need to run a wire from this connector to the Power Distribuiton Center. I have no idea why they would "give away" half of a wire.

brental1

Reaction score
Fiat was really sneaky on this, at least on my truck 2022 BH Level 1 EQ.
This is one of the diagrams I made and posted on another thread. It was Pin 25 on the Yellow Passenger Seat connector, that I highlighted in Red, indicating that the wire was present in my truck. But, as I posted, this is the one that is not continuous to the Power Distribution Center. BTW, I did not need to flash my truck. After I added the (numerous) wires and swapped the Center Stack for one with Heated/Vented Seat and Heated Steering Wheel switches; everything worked. There are no soft buttons present on my screen; but the hard buttons work fine. I may flash things later; but for now I can live with the hard buttons. BTW, I have a center stack available with Heated Seat/Steering Wheel Buttons (No Vent Buttons). Originally, I was going to add Heat only; but changed by mind when the donor seats were also vented.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-05-12 080601.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-05-12 080601.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 11

23RamBH

Reaction score
Fiat was really sneaky on this, at least on my truck 2022 BH with Level 1 EQ. While the Fused B+ (I don't have my diagrams handy), I think the 2.0 MM RD for the seat motors was present in the Yellow connector under the passenger seat, I discovered from Jimmy07 that the wire was not continuous to the Power Distribution Center. Follow the harness from the Yellow Seat Connector. At the first connector junction, I think you'll see that there is no mating 2.0MM Red in the other connector. You need to run a wire from this connector to the Power Distribuiton Center. I have no idea why they would "give away" half of a wire.
That is exactly what my problem was. The Yellow seat connector had all the correct wires. The B+ & Grnd weren't actually connected to anything though 🙄. Once properly connected, everything worked! 🎉

brental1

Reaction score
That is exactly what my problem was. The Yellow seat connector had all the correct wires. The B+ & Grnd weren't actually connected to anything though 🙄. Once properly connected, everything worked! 🎉
I don't remember my ground not being connected. That's even crazier than the B+. Glad you got it working!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online

No members online now.