5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updated 2" Mopar Lift/Level Kit - Discussion

rugerjw

Reaction score
Ok, thanks. So as long as I order the newest lift kit, I think it’s AC? I will get a 2” lift with the same rake as the stock suspension? That’s exactly what I want.
I think it will lessen the rake just a little bit but not much. 20201210_155749.jpg

rugerjw

Reaction score
Which kit is that?
It is the mopar 2 inch lift. The part number is 77072424ac on my bighorn with the off road package which already has a 1 inch lift from the factory springs. I still have the stock 18 inch rims and all terrains that came on the truck but hope to get new wheels and tires after Christmas.

SzymiRam@2019

Reaction score
I have a mopar 2" lift and have 1.5" rake
Is your kit AB or AC version ?
Mine is the first one that was released before the AB was released. But the shop didn’t installed provided spacer that the service bulletin required.

GrayRam20

Reaction score
No it’s not. Unfortunately this is the first kit that was released, and the shop forgot to install provided spacers from the recall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Was going to say, my lift doesnt look like that. Good looking truck and those tow hooks! nice

Rammin BtoS AF

Reaction score
So while talking to a sales dude today about the factory low front end. He said man that looks stupid why do manufacturers do that? I didn't have an answer for him other than "So you dealerships can make money selling the lift or level kits". So why do they make them that way?

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So while talking to a sales dude today about the factory low front end. He said man that looks stupid why do manufacturers do that? I didn't have an answer for him other than "So you dealerships can make money selling the lift or level kits". So why do they make them that way?
So when you have a payload in the bed you aren't sitting nose high. Helps with fuel mileage as well being more aerodynamic.

Jsavoie

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, since i’m not a big fan of a lot of rake (would like to maintain a little), if I left out the 2” rear spacer of the latest kit, where would my truck be sitting?

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So when you have a payload in the bed you aren't sitting nose high.

Just out of curiosity, since i’m not a big fan of a lot of rake (would like to maintain a little), if I left out the 2” rear spacer of the latest kit, where would my truck be sitting?

Not exactly sure what the measurements would be but my guess is that you would prob sit just a little nose high. As GraniteRam said that would be an expensive way to to level your truck if that's all your looking to do.

GrayRam20

Reaction score

I have brand new 2.5" leveling spacers for sale $50.00 (shipping included) $40 if picked up

Last edited:

AK11

Reaction score
Would having somebody other than dealership install the Mopar lift void the warranty? Have had very few good experiences with my dealership and would like to limit the time my truck spends there.

rugerjw

Reaction score
From what I have read on the mopar warranty info you can install it yourself or have someone else install it but if you do that and something needs replaced under warranty then they cover parts but no labor costs, but if you have it installed by a dealer then labor costs are covered under warranty as well.
Would having somebody other than dealership install the Mopar lift void the warranty? Have had very few good experiences with my dealership and would like to limit the time my truck spends there.

Users who are viewing this thread