5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updated 2" Mopar Lift/Level Kit - Discussion

Reaction score
Ok well the rims I am interested in, Fuel Vapours 20x9 1mm offset are 46lbs. So switching to the Duratrac 35x12.5 pretty much any weight savings is eaten by the rims. Plus an additional 10lbs with the rims. Either way I am getting them if my deal with my buddy works out. If not then this is all irrelevant and I continue with the RG and Stock rims powder coated which I am fine with just as well.

Reaction score
Does anyone know the differences between AA, AB and AC are? Mopar seems to not have any information out there explaining what changed in each model update.

I've emailed Mopar Canada to ask if they know what changed but that may take awhile. My kit is due to arrive Friday, my invoice is for the AC version but who knows what version I will actually get. It also seems that no one has gotten (or spoken about) the AC version of the lift kit. The only AC version I see is with the ORP springs, which I don't know if there is a difference between the AA, AB, AC when it comes to the ORP springs... Lack of info from Mopar.

From what I gather reading here.

AA - Original kit that left a significant rake over the factory rake. So an update version came out with the added spacer spring to raise the spring perch.
AB - Update kit to get rid of some (but not all) of the rake. Some confusion as to what this version is. I had read it comes with the extra ring to raise the spring perch and I also heard it doesn't come with a spacer. So speculation is that the ring was raised to eliminate the 2nd ring but also raises the spring perch.
AC - Yet another update, but no information on here about this.

My fear is, the AC has yet again raised the spring perch to end up completely level but there is no solid evidence on this. What I don't want is to install the ORP springs and then find out that the AC version gives a perfect level look without the ORP springs. Which would result in a nose high truck with the ORP springs.

I'm installing my kit myself and if it sits nose high I can remove the ORP springs but..... That is a lot of F***ing work to remove everything and take the springs out lol... So I'd rather hopefully find out for sure.

2Fast-4U

Reaction score
I believe that my solution to wanting a lift in my Quad Cab is to NOT wait on Mopar, but instead, go to a BDS 4" suspension lift with the Fox Shock upgrade. Looks like a better solution than Mopar. Will cost more for sure, but at this point it's just $. Everything that I have accessorized with aftermarket goodies has ALWAYS been over budget.

Reaction score
I believe that my solution to wanting a lift in my Quad Cab is to NOT wait on Mopar, but instead, go to a BDS 4" suspension lift with the Fox Shock upgrade. Looks like a better solution than Mopar. Will cost more for sure, but at this point it's just $. Everything that I have accessorized with aftermarket goodies has ALWAYS been over budget.

I don't see why the Mopar kit wouldn't work with the Quad Cab... I can't see the suspension being different between the 2 cab sizes. Didn't a member on here already install the Mopar kit on a quad cab?

I looked at the BDS 4" lift, but it was double the price of the Mopar. In fact it was more than double especially after I wheeled and dealed with my local dealer for the 2" kit. I wanted to retain my warranty on everything both the kit and the truck. Even though BDS has warranty, I still worry about factory warranty on all the other parts on my truck. I feel much better with the Mopar kit, that I can just go to the dealer and not have issues if something breaks because of the Mopar kit. The BDS you may or may not have issues. The uncertainty is killer for me. When I was debating between ReadyLift and Mopar, that ultimately is what won me over. Plus they were similar in price as well.

Now once my warranty is over, I may upgrade to the 4" or 6" BDS but until then I will be happy with the Mopar lift.

I know what you mean about over budget. For me this started with wanting to change my Magnaflow exhaust to Borla S-Type.. Then it has snow balled into; Mopar Kit, 35" Ridge Grapplers, Powder Coat Rims (or aftermarket), Rough Country Speed Calibrator and finally I will probably more then likely end up buying the sprint booster when I pick up my exhaust (company sells the Borla and Sprint Booster).. So needless to say I went from spending $1460cdn to probably will end up being about $6000-6500 Canadian.. lol

EGJ16

Reaction score
The AC kit left me with about 2” of rake still with factory springs. So with ORP springs youll be around 1” of rake. I havent driven enough to left the suspension settle some to take another measurement. And that is also going with floor to fender measurements. I haven’t measured hub to fenders yet.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The Mopar kit works just fine with the quad cab. There are a few members here who have installed it. The suspension is the same between the two. Nobody has been able to figure out why Ram says it won’t work.
I will likely be going with the Mopar kit on my crew cab. It’s between that or the BDS 4”. I would add the ORP springs to the Mopar to get 3” so its hard to justify paying double the price for just 1” more of lift.

Reaction score
The Mopar kit works just fine with the quad cab. There are a few members here who have installed it. The suspension is the same between the two. Nobody has been able to figure out why Ram says it won’t work.
I will likely be going with the Mopar kit on my crew cab. It’s between that or the BDS 4”. I would add the ORP springs to the Mopar to get 3” so its hard to justify paying double the price for just 1” more of lift.
While I agree with double the price for close to the same lift, you’ve got to remember the BDS 4” and 6” are “true” lift kits as they drop the diffs and bring all your CV, balljoint, tie road etc. back to factory or close to it. They are true lift and needed if you want to do some true off reading. The Mopar kit is more or less a spacer kit with new UCAs and tuned shocks, it doesn’t lower your diff and all the other goodies of a “true” lift and it’s really only a lift for mild off roading. I would say the Mopar Kit (and ReadyLift) type of kits are more for looks on the street and mild off-roading, whereas the BDS is more if you really want to mud your truck and look good. Both are fine, but they have there purposes.

I stuck with Mopar because of warranty and I won’t be off-roading my truck. I commute 110km a day (68 miles) so a lower lift will not kill my fuel mileage too much, not like a 4 or 6” lift would. Plus its a good size lift for daily driving and still being able to park in under ground parking if needed.

Reaction score
The AC kit left me with about 2” of rake still with factory springs. So with ORP springs youll be around 1” of rake. I havent driven enough to left the suspension settle some to take another measurement. And that is also going with floor to fender measurements. I haven’t measured hub to fenders yet.

I have heard of some members getting only 1/2” of rake or some even said they got perfectly level. I guess it all depends on how the truck came from factory (options etc they weight down the vehicles differently) and measuring techniques. I have pre-measured my truck in stock form so that I can compare after the lift/stock tires and then again when I have lift/35” installed. Measuring center of hub to fender can probably be off maybe 1/4” because it would be hard to get exact center. Measuring from Ground to Fender I think the key to getting good measurements there is doing it on perfectly level ground (as best as possible), nothing heavy in the bed of the truck and do it at the same spot for each measure. I choose to measure my truck in a bay at my work with a flat concrete floor so I know where I parked and that is level ground.

Also, the AC kit, did you notice anything different in the kit compared to the AA and AB versions? I think the AB moved the spacer ring up on the shock to eliminate the 2nd spacer that AA model needed. So if you’re still not level with he AC kit, it makes me even more interested in seeing what they did that cause them to have another version of the part.

Mother

Reaction score
So if you’re still not level with he AC kit, it makes me even more interested in seeing what they did that cause them to have another version of the part.

Pretty sure they will change part numbers sometimes for something totally simple that you wouldn't notice. It doesn't necessarily mean a functional change in the kit.

SzymiRam@2019

Reaction score
Can someone post a pic with updated shock vs the old one. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Well guys I just got my kit today and I'm stoked. I have the AB version and parts from the AC version. The only difference between the AB and AC that I can see is the rear bumper pad bolt.

Front Shocks are 11 13/16" from top of spacer to bottom of mount. Top of spacer to centerline of mounting hole is 11 1/4" (approx.)

Basically the box as a whole is marked AB. Some parts are stamped AA, some are AB (front shocks for instants) and one AC (bolts in parts bag)

Here are some pics.

Parts Managers truck beside mine. He has 33"x12.5 tires. Mine is stock right now.
20200716_123517.jpg

20200716_120945.jpg 20200716_121032.jpg 20200716_121122.jpg 20200716_121137.jpg 20200716_121329.jpg 20200716_121418.jpg 20200716_122003.jpg 20200716_122018.jpg 20200716_122106.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Pretty sure they will change part numbers sometimes for something totally simple that you wouldn't notice. It doesn't necessarily mean a functional change in the kit.

Yeah for sure. In this case it looks like the only thing they changed was the bumper pad spacer Bolt

The parts manager told me anytime they change something small they will just change the version code if they change something significant will change the whole part number

BiGJZ74

Reaction score
Excited for ya Bro! Can't wait to see the finished product.
Well guys I just got my kit today and I'm stoked. I have the AB version and parts from the AC version. The only difference between the AB and AC that I can see is the rear bumper pad bolt.

Front Shocks are 11 13/16" from top of spacer to bottom of mount. Top of spacer to centerline of mounting hole is 11 1/4" (approx.)

Basically the box as a whole is marked AB. Some parts are stamped AA, some are AB (front shocks for instants) and one AC (bolts in parts bag)

Here are some pics.

Parts Managers truck beside mine. He has 33"x12.5 tires. Mine is stock right now.
View attachment 62137

View attachment 62138 View attachment 62140 View attachment 62141 View attachment 62142 View attachment 62143 View attachment 62144 View attachment 62145 View attachment 62146 View attachment 62148

Reaction score

Yeah brother, I am excited as well. I can't wait for the transformation. Glad we had our talk on PM.

I think maybe the last week of July I should have everything done, lift, tires and powder coat. and then maybe 2 weeks or so after that the Borla and possibly a Sprint Booster.

Lp1500

Reaction score
Just got the Mopar kit installed and some ridge grapplers on the stock big horn 20s Really glad with the outcome feels stock, I would say no rubbing but would be lying, full lock wheel turned to the right backing up get a little rubbing on front right that I’m still trying to track down
385FDFC1-D74F-455E-BB6C-75EB4C62576E.jpeg CF5D7F75-822D-4DEB-8ABC-351BD3C0B38F.jpeg

Last edited:

EGJ16

Reaction score
Just got the Mopar kit installed and some ridge grapplers on the stock big horn 20s Really glad with the outcome feels stock, I would say no rubbing but would be lying, full lock wheel turned to the right backing up get a little rubbing on front right that I’m still trying to track down
View attachment 62500 View attachment 62499
What are your ground to fender measurements?

EGJ16

Reaction score
Well it looks like I found out why I have 2” of rake. I was fine with it until I didnt see the 2nd spacer under the spring seat.

I was under the truck looking at the front bumper valance and seeing about removing it. I looked back and thought “Man my cv angles are flat”. I looked up and saw this...

Attachments

• 0DF9CE2C-3460-42FC-9A2A-45188D2F827A.jpeg
    0DF9CE2C-3460-42FC-9A2A-45188D2F827A.jpeg
    112 KB · Views: 243
  • D2BAE4F4-EBFE-4DE8-AD48-D3C7E5E718AD.jpeg
    D2BAE4F4-EBFE-4DE8-AD48-D3C7E5E718AD.jpeg
    103.5 KB · Views: 242

Users who are viewing this thread