5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updated 2" Mopar Lift/Level Kit - Discussion

Reaction score
Anyone know the difference between going with the Bilstein 5100 adjustable ride height vs 2" Mopar kit?

I can save about $1000-1200 in parts if I go with Bilstein, which I know doesn't come with UCAs or rear Spacer.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah it happened within the last couple of days. I couldnt find anything online about anything changing. Every search goes to the AB kit.
That happened to me when buying my ORP springs, when they came in it was a different part number than it was when I ordered them through the dealership bc they switched manufacturers. You may order the AB kit and receive the AC kit.

Reaction score
The Bilsteins are just the front shocks, nothing else.

I would consider it a ‘leveling kit’.

The Bilsteins are front shocks that adjust the ride height.

So are they more of a leveling kit rather then a lift?

Just trying to weigh my options for price vs how much lift.

I think the Bilstein 5100 can get you like 2" of lift with ORP or 2.6 without ORP (which I don't have)

eproulx38

Reaction score
Super simple. Just have to install the software updater to ur PC and update the unit first. U can get software off the RC website. The Green junction box you need to plug the cable into is up about 6" up behind the lower left dash. My big hand barely fit so I just left the cable plugged in and rolled it up and tucked it away when finished. This also makes it easier to reconnect if you ever have to adjust it again. I set it at 34" for my 35's to get the same speed readings from speedo and phone gps. When tires are installed, tires compress a bit so not 35" when installed. 35x12.5 RG's are actually only 34.76" in diameter to begin with.

Done! At first this rough Country calibrator did not want to work for me. Both of my windows 7 laptops would not properly install the drivers of the calibrator onto either computer. I got errors saying the install was unsucessful. Without the drivers, the unit can't connect to the computer program to update it. I tried many things and after 3 hours of frustration and many websites, I found how to manually delete bad drivers and force them to reinstall. It finally worked and I was able to connect my calibrator with the update program and was ready to go. Don't know what that was all about, but it was extermely easy after that. My tire specs are 34.21" diameter but I measured them at 33" on my truck. First try, I entered 32.75" and was dead on up to 55MPH. I wasn't able to test on the highway for faster speeds yet. If the software had installed properly .... this would have been a 20 minute process! Happy my Speedo is correct now !

Huey68

Reaction score
Posted in another thread, but wanted info here for those looking specifically at the Mopar lift :)

I'll chime in on the Mopar lift....I did it with the front orp springs and it got the truck close to 3 1/2" in the front and 2" in the rear. So I ended up with around 1/2"- 3/4" of rake, which is fine with me. The E rated tires do feel (are) stiffer than stock, and the suspension itself is fine over bumps etc. The biggest thing I notice now is the rear sway when switching lanes at highway speeds or around off/on ramps, it is very noticeable from stock. Traction control sometimes kicks in for just a brief moment, this could be from the new tires having a bit of slickness or the before mentioned sway. So I will be adding the Hellwig swaybar very soon. Also lost 1-2 mpg, but that is to be expected. Overall really satisfied with the look and ride over stock.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Posted in another thread, but wanted info here for those looking specifically at the Mopar lift :)

I'll chime in on the Mopar lift....I did it with the front orp springs and it got the truck close to 3 1/2" in the front and 2" in the rear. So I ended up with around 1/2"- 3/4" of rake, which is fine with me. The E rated tires do feel (are) stiffer than stock, and the suspension itself is fine over bumps etc. The biggest thing I notice now is the rear sway when switching lanes at highway speeds or around off/on ramps, it is very noticeable from stock. Traction control sometimes kicks in for just a brief moment, this could be from the new tires having a bit of slickness or the before mentioned sway. So I will be adding the Hellwig swaybar very soon. Also lost 1-2 mpg, but that is to be expected. Overall really satisfied with the look and ride over stock.
I have the same setup except I upgraded to RC UCAs. My experience was pretty much same as you describe at first. Fast forward a few months and my traction control doesn't come on any more in turns however I did add the hellwig and my tires have had time to wear some. The hellwig takes care of that rear end sway you are talking about. I am still very happy with the setup after about 4k miles.

Huey68

Reaction score
I have the same setup except I upgraded to RC UCAs. My experience was pretty much same as you describe at first. Fast forward a few months and my traction control doesn't come on any more in turns however I did add the hellwig and my tires have had time to wear some. The hellwig takes care of that rear end sway you are talking about. I am still very happy with the setup after about 4k miles.
I’ve only driven 200-300 miles so far. However today driving sweeping turns at speed did not kick TC on, so maybe a good sign. Will update after Hellwig install.

GraniteRam

Reaction score
I’ve only driven 200-300 miles so far. However today driving sweeping turns at speed did not kick TC on, so maybe a good sign. Will update after Hellwig install.
If you haven't ordered the bar yet I would get the lifted version with the beefier endlinks.

SummitNinja

Reaction score
We are very much on the same page on only lifting enough to clear 35s (which most trucks require at least 4-6") and you have the added security of it being Mopar and covered under warranty. My 35s ABSOLUTELY gave the truck the look that it deserved!

This is why I think Ram did their homework and built the wheel wells specifically to house a 35" tire with only the 2" lift. AND they used Fox Shocks, a win win for sure!

View attachment 23111
Very good looking truck! Thank you for all your info - looking at doing something similar with mine

EGJ16

Reaction score
Well it looks like I’ll be joining the club soon. Dropped the truck off for install today. Should be done later tonight or early tomorrow morning. Then tires probably Saturday (if they are open) or Monday.

Reaction score
Does anyone know the part number for the ORP springs? The only number I've found on this site is 68320249AB and everywhere is saying the part I'd discontinued.

I'm trying to figure out the full cost of the Mopar kit with ORP and ReadyLift with Bilstein 5100 all around.

I'm debating on saving money and doing the install myself. I've got sockets, electric impact gun, torque wrench, ball joint fork spreader and other tools. I don't own a spring compressor but we in Canada have Canadian Tire and Part Source which rents out tools so if needed I can get a spring compressor and ball joint tool if the fork spreader isn't good. I don't mine spending the day doing it. Unless I find someone who can do it for $400. Dealer quoted $600 if that's with alignment I'll pay then Haha

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone know the part number for the ORP springs? The only number I've found on this site is 68320249AB and everywhere is saying the part I'd discontinued.

I'm trying to figure out the full cost of the Mopar kit with ORP and ReadyLift with Bilstein 5100 all around.

I'm debating on saving money and doing the install myself. I've got sockets, electric impact gun, torque wrench, ball joint fork spreader and other tools. I don't own a spring compressor but we in Canada have Canadian Tire and Part Source which rents out tools so if needed I can get a spring compressor and ball joint tool if the fork spreader isn't good. I don't mine spending the day doing it. Unless I find someone who can do it for $400. Dealer quoted $600 if that's with alignment I'll pay then Haha

Looks like the last letter is "C" now. IMG_20200501_155418.jpg
IMG_20200501_155418.jpg

eproulx38

Reaction score
My dealership searched for the ORP spring and said they could not find it - said it was still under design. I searched all the sections for this forum and luckily someone had this listed: Part #68320249AC . I provided this number to my dealership and they had it ready for me in 2 days.

Reaction score

EGJ16

Reaction score
Tires Monday or Tuesday. Im blown away with how the Foxes are tuned. Its a huge improvement over stock. I have 2” of rake still, which is fine since I often carry things in the bed. I plan on getting Timber grove air bags and will install a .5” strut spacer at that time.

Attachments

• 4D754FCC-3CB7-4E70-B249-19F2CD490EE1.jpeg
    4D754FCC-3CB7-4E70-B249-19F2CD490EE1.jpeg
    128.5 KB · Views: 227
Reaction score
Hello everyone, so if you haven't noticed I am buying a lift kit very soon and I have probably posted here too much based on it but so many options and I don't know which kit has the upper hand. I know both the Mopar Kit and ReadyLift are good kits, which makes it hard to decided. At least I have narrowed it down to these too. So I've got my pricing down now and wondering what you guys think before I pull the trigger on one of these. So some question I have again.

Which provides the highest lift? The best way?
Self installation, is one kit harder than the other? They seem to work the same so probably not.
I heard some others putting the ReadyLift UCA on Mopar kit, I am not interested in doing this as it will raise cost for no purpose. I am not off-roading at all, I am a pavement pounder 99.9% of the time.

All Prices In Canadian with 13% Ontario Tax (who knows this may help some other Canadians too)

ReadyLift with 5100 (front) & 5100 (rear) - $2094
ReadyLift with 5100 (front) & 5160 (rear) - $2368
Mopar lift with ORP springs (local dealer) - $2486
Mopar Lift (eBay) and ORP springs (local) - $2122

Springs are $200 from dealer, I may find them cheaper online but I doubt it. I've heard the 5100 on the rear can work and then I have heard they will over extended the shocks because they are only for 0-1" lift and the ReadyLift is 2" rear spacer.

So there isn't a HUGE price difference between any of these multiple options. I have spoken with a friend about getting a discount from the dealer as she works for FCA so price may be cheaper.

What do you all think?

What gives the best height and what gives the best ride? Or are the differences so small that it doesn't matter and just comes down to "factory parts" vs "aftermarket".

*** for warranty, when I spoke with dealer I was told FCA "could" deny warranty on tie rods, control arms, ball joints, cv axles etc.. So at this point it doesn't matter if I have the Mopar or ReadyLift, other than the Mopar I may have a better chance of no problems.

So lets have it......

I hope to place some orders starting next week once my new Borla exhaust is done and I sell off my B2 stuff. Dealer I called (FCA) said the lift kit is on back order so will take a few weeks. The springs are special order and will take up to 10 days to get.

I am very sorry for all the post about this lately.... Just trying to get everything done right the first time...

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hello everyone, so if you haven't noticed I am buying a lift kit very soon and I have probably posted here too much based on it but so many options and I don't know which kit has the upper hand. I know both the Mopar Kit and ReadyLift are good kits, which makes it hard to decided. At least I have narrowed it down to these too. So I've got my pricing down now and wondering what you guys think before I pull the trigger on one of these. So some question I have again.

Which provides the highest lift? The best way?
Self installation, is one kit harder than the other? They seem to work the same so probably not.
I heard some others putting the ReadyLift UCA on Mopar kit, I am not interested in doing this as it will raise cost for no purpose. I am not off-roading at all, I am a pavement pounder 99.9% of the time.

All Prices In Canadian with 13% Ontario Tax (who knows this may help some other Canadians too)

ReadyLift with 5100 (front) & 5100 (rear) - $2094
ReadyLift with 5100 (front) & 5160 (rear) - $2368
Mopar lift with ORP springs (local dealer) - $2486
Mopar Lift (eBay) and ORP springs (local) - $2122

Springs are $200 from dealer, I may find them cheaper online but I doubt it. I've heard the 5100 on the rear can work and then I have heard they will over extended the shocks because they are only for 0-1" lift and the ReadyLift is 2" rear spacer.

So there isn't a HUGE price difference between any of these multiple options. I have spoken with a friend about getting a discount from the dealer as she works for FCA so price may be cheaper.

What do you all think?

What gives the best height and what gives the best ride? Or are the differences so small that it doesn't matter and just comes down to "factory parts" vs "aftermarket".

*** for warranty, when I spoke with dealer I was told FCA "could" deny warranty on tie rods, control arms, ball joints, cv axles etc.. So at this point it doesn't matter if I have the Mopar or ReadyLift, other than the Mopar I may have a better chance of no problems.

So lets have it......

I hope to place some orders starting next week once my new Borla exhaust is done and I sell off my B2 stuff. Dealer I called (FCA) said the lift kit is on back order so will take a few weeks. The springs are special order and will take up to 10 days to get.

I am very sorry for all the post about this lately.... Just trying to get everything done right the first time...
I would go with the Mopar kit and ORP springs. That is the route I will be going with very soon. I actually bought the Readylift 3.5” kit last year and returned it. While the same principle applies to both lifts, preload spacers like that used in the Readylift kit typically cause the ride to be a bit stiffer. The struts in the Mopar kit are better tuned for the lift and Fox is top notch.
That being said, I have the Readylift control arms and level on at the moment. I will keep the Readylift control arms on vs the Mopar ones as they have a better angle for the ball joint.
For the rear, the Bilstein shocks you mention will be fine if you go that route. They will be slightly over extended but that is no different than what you would be doing to the stock shocks.

Users who are viewing this thread