5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updated 2" Mopar Lift/Level Kit - Discussion

Tazithman

Reaction score
US LLC Lift is covered by 2 year unlimited mile warranty OR factory warranty, whichever lasts longer. Following pulled from MOPAR warranty literature

Mopar® Performance Parts Beginning with “770…” Mopar Basic Limited Warranty Except as noted below, Mopar® Performance Parts beginning with “770…” installed by an authorized FCA US LLC dealership or Studio, including Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep®, Ram, FIAT® and Alfa Romeo locations are warranted against defects in workmanship or materials for 24 months/unlimited miles from date of purchase for both parts and labor. Mopar parts sold wholesale to an automotive service facility and installed by a professional technician are warranted against defects in workmanship or materials for 24 months/unlimited miles from date of purchase for parts and up to $150.00 in labor. Mopar parts and Magneti Marelli Offered by Mopar parts sold over-the-counter for vehicle owner or do-it-yourself installation are warranted against defects in workmanship or materials for 24 months/unlimited miles from date of purchase for parts exchange only. Mopar parts and Magneti Marelli Offered by Mopar parts replaced on an FCA US LLC vehicle still covered by the FCA US LLC New Vehicle Basic Limited Warranty are warranted for the remainder of the 3-Year/36,000-Mile New Vehicle Basic Limited Warranty, or for the Mopar 24-Month Basic Limited Warranty from the original installation date, whichever is more favorable to the customer. CUSTOMER MUST KEEP ORIGINAL RECEIPT.

Tazithman

Reaction score
Truck looks great. Exactly what mine will look like except blue when I am done. You have the same rims I have except black. I have been planning on getting mine powder coated Satin black, your picture has been the best yet that I have seen with the same rims in black. All the pictures on the internet of the black edition rims are not at very good angles.
I really liked the factory blackout rims and saw most aftermarket options as a downgrade. I took a more level picture for you to judge and can verify with non ORP springs, truck maintains a 3/4" rake as measured from top tread to fender.

Attachments

• 15920872766508039446346950318724.jpg
    15920872766508039446346950318724.jpg
    273.1 KB · Views: 243

MoparGuy

Reaction score
I really liked the factory blackout rims and saw most aftermarket options as a downgrade. I took a more level picture for you to judge and can verify with non ORP springs, truck maintains a 3/4" rake as measured from top tread to fender.
Thanks for taking a pic on more level ground. That looks good, love the stance. I’ll be happy if mine looks that good.

MoparGuy

Reaction score
US LLC Lift is covered by 2 year unlimited mile warranty OR factory warranty, whichever lasts longer. Following pulled from MOPAR warranty literature

Mopar® Performance Parts Beginning with “770…” Mopar Basic Limited Warranty Except as noted below, Mopar® Performance Parts beginning with “770…” installed by an authorized FCA US LLC dealership or Studio, including Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep®, Ram, FIAT® and Alfa Romeo locations are warranted against defects in workmanship or materials for 24 months/unlimited miles from date of purchase for both parts and labor. Mopar parts sold wholesale to an automotive service facility and installed by a professional technician are warranted against defects in workmanship or materials for 24 months/unlimited miles from date of purchase for parts and up to $150.00 in labor. Mopar parts and Magneti Marelli Offered by Mopar parts sold over-the-counter for vehicle owner or do-it-yourself installation are warranted against defects in workmanship or materials for 24 months/unlimited miles from date of purchase for parts exchange only. Mopar parts and Magneti Marelli Offered by Mopar parts replaced on an FCA US LLC vehicle still covered by the FCA US LLC New Vehicle Basic Limited Warranty are warranted for the remainder of the 3-Year/36,000-Mile New Vehicle Basic Limited Warranty, or for the Mopar 24-Month Basic Limited Warranty from the original installation date, whichever is more favorable to the customer. CUSTOMER MUST KEEP ORIGINAL RECEIPT.
Thanks for posting all that information. That’s more like I thought it was. I couldn’t imagine FCA wouldn’t cover their own accessories. That would be insane, nobody would buy their accessories if they didn’t stand behind them and knew they weren’t covered under warranty. Not sure why FCA would tell Canadian buyers any different, especially if they purchase the parts in the US from an authorized dealership?

Tazithman

Reaction score
Thanks for posting all that information. That’s more like I thought it was. I couldn’t imagine FCA wouldn’t cover their own accessories. That would be insane, nobody would buy their accessories if they didn’t stand behind them and knew they weren’t covered under warranty. Not sure why FCA would tell Canadian buyers any different, especially if they purchase the parts in the US from an authorized dealership?

It is of note that my post was the USA warranty only. The warranty may vary up north based on differences of consumer protection laws as the original poster was based in Canada. Regardless, I'd suggest he find a new dealer.

Tazithman

Reaction score
is this just the molar 2 inch lift kit , no other spacers, etc?
It is the standard 2" kit. It does have spacers that were included as part of the new rear coil assembly, but I didn't use anything that didn't come in the MOPAR box except some rust barrier used where I drilled out a required hole for installation

Tazithman

Reaction score
I can also verify no trimming is required for 35x11.5 grapplers on stock 20s, even with full wheel well liners, but its tight. I think 35x12.5 may require a little trimming if you want the wider tires.

Reaction score
@MoparGuy and @Tazithman - I think you might have mis-understood me.

1) Parts purchased from a US FCA dealer, that are being used on a Canadian FCA vehicle are not warrantied. So I can’t go to my Canadian FCA dealer and have them installed. The reverse might be true for Canadian FCA parts shipped to the US. FCA US may not warranty Candian bough FCA parts in the US.

2) If I buy my parts from my FCA dealer in Canada, then the parts are warrantied. So there is no issue there.

3) I was told by the eBay seller, that they have done warranty work on Canadian vehicles but it was a pain in the butt trying to get paid. Recalls are no problem. Now the FCA rep I talked to in Canada when I asked about rbeaking down in the US with my truck. He told me that on the vehicle itself, the US dealer would still do vehicle warranty work.

4) If I want my US purchased parts replace then I would need to go to a US dealer I guess. But again dealers may not have a problem giving me the warranty even if FCA says it doesn’t warranty this stuff. It dosen’t make sense.

Now @Tazithman, the Canadian parts are still warrantied. I don’t know if your post was directed at lack of warranty on the parts or when I talked about the vehicle warranty if something happens because of the kit that they will or can deny you warranty. The guy sold me if something happens as a result of the Mopar kit and the dealer says it’s because of the kit then FCA can deny warranty. I guess the question would be... Will the individual dealer you deal with know this or care and just provide the warranty work...That is would really be a 50/50 change at the dealer I guess.

Tazithman

Reaction score
My biggest point is a mopar lift has no effect on factory warranty work of any type in the US. If you put a lift and big tires on and your u-joint goes out, that will be a warranty repair. Claim cannot be denied on the basis of the MOPAR lift as per the documentation I posted. Just wanted to clarify this for the thread.

Your situation may be different due to living in Canada if you buy USA parts. Not sure why they would care where parts are ordered from in your situation but maybe it may put FCA on the hook to pay extra duties/import taxes on parts needed for future repairs that they would avoid if you purchased through Canadian supply chain. Not sure if this last part is true but would make sense to me

MoparGuy

Reaction score
My biggest point is a mopar lift has no effect on factory warranty work of any type in the US. If you put a lift and big tires on and your u-joint goes out, that will be a warranty repair. Claim cannot be denied on the basis of the MOPAR lift as per the documentation I posted. Just wanted to clarify this for the thread.

Your situation may be different due to living in Canada if you buy USA parts. Not sure why they would care where parts are ordered from in your situation but maybe it may put FCA on the hook to pay extra duties/import taxes on parts needed for future repairs that they would avoid if you purchased through Canadian supply chain. Not sure if this last part is true but would make sense to me
Sounds to me based on all the information on this topic that Canadian buyers unfortunately are not able to take advantage of discounted parts sold in the US without running into potential warranty issues or having to jump through hoops between Canadian and US dealers.

MoparGuy

Reaction score
I ordered my kit from (cnymopar) as well last Saturday. It’s on its way to me here in NW Ohio. I paid $995 with free shipping. Dealer wanted $1350. FYI, that EBay seller requires you send your VIN # in a message to him or else he’ll cancel your order after 3 days. Evidently too many guys are ordering the kit who have air suspension or other non compatible setups and end up sending the kit back. Seller is probably tired of all the returns. I’m hoping the kit I receive is not a previously installed used kit that was returned. I was skeptical even though the listing states new to get it under $1000...

Attachments

• EA4288B5-3561-4087-A131-9BF50531DAE2.jpeg
    EA4288B5-3561-4087-A131-9BF50531DAE2.jpeg
    182.6 KB · Views: 69
Reaction score

This part of your post is what I was talking about. Not about my situation but about the factory warranty in the US or Canada.

The way I read what you posted it's all about the warranty on the part. It talks about your factory warranty covering the parts during that warranty.

What you posted (from the way I read) it doesn't speak on what effect the lift has on your trucks actually warranty. Just says the lift is covered until your factory warranty is over. It doesn't say what happens if you have a problem with truck related to warranty (uca, ball joint, driveline etc) if they prove it's because of the lift.

If I were you or anyone else, if your worried about items covered warranty and what effect the lift has. I'd just you can FCA US on the phone for verbal verification and see what they say.

I'm not going to let it scare me of either way. I want the lift and I'm gonna do it. I'll take my chances that my dealer will not have a problem with it. Even more so because the manager of my dealer has it installed on his truck. So even better!!!

Anyhow just trying to give you a heads up that you may or may not encounter a problem.

Who knows maybe if I talk to another rep at FCA Canada, I may or may not be told something different. I'll ask my dealer next Friday when I drop my truck off for some warranty issues (rear defrost cable rips off when I open/close window, radio flickers with 4ways and drive seat adjustment, hood rubber all bunched up at the corners and hyperflash on passenger side. Plus oil change and tire rotation)

Tazithman

Reaction score
This was all broached a few years ago and it came out that FCA allows up to 2 inch lifts regardless of manufacturer with no warranty involvement but can't find the thread now.

I have not heard of anyone ever having trouble getting warranty work done because of MOPAR lift, and MOPAR has been making ram/Jeep lifts forever. If a dealer tells you no, Id guess they are ill trained and don't think they will get reimbursed.

Reaction score
I have not heard of anyone ever having trouble getting warranty work done because of MOPAR lift, and MOPAR has been making ram/Jeep lifts forever. If a dealer tells you no, Id guess they are ill trained and don't think they will get reimbursed.

Well if a dealer tells me know, I’m not sure if it would be an ill trained dealer. I don’t know that they would get reimbursed. As I spoke with the head office of FCA in Canada, and as far as they told me it’s not warrantied. So the dealer can’t override what FCA would approve or not approve if questioned.

Maybe it’s different in the USA or maybe the FCA Canadian Rep I spoke to was ill advised. I may try to call again and speak with another rep from FCA Head Office and see if I get a different answer.

MoparGuy

Reaction score
Well if a dealer tells me know, I’m not sure if it would be an ill trained dealer. I don’t know that they would get reimbursed. As I spoke with the head office of FCA in Canada, and as far as they told me it’s not warrantied. So the dealer can’t override what FCA would approve or not approve if questioned.

Maybe it’s different in the USA or maybe the FCA Canadian Rep I spoke to was ill advised. I may try to call again and speak with another rep from FCA Head Office and see if I get a different answer.
Changing the subject a little, when I was searching online for the best price on the AB Kit we are all buying now, I found 4 or 5 sites that were selling it but show it as now discontinued. Not sure if they are revamping the kit again already or they are trying to make it so only Mopar sites and dealers are the only ones selling it? Anyone else notice this?

Reaction score
Changing the subject a little, when I was searching online for the best price on the AB Kit we are all buying now, I found 4 or 5 sites that were selling it but show it as now discontinued. Not sure if they are revamping the kit again already or they are trying to make it so only Mopar sites and dealers are the only ones selling it? Anyone else notice this?

I noticed this as well, I believe it's a mistake they are making. I think I came across one or 2 sites that listed them as discontinued. moparpartsonline and moparperformanceparts both have the AB kit listed and are selling for about $1200...

The dealer in New York, that is selling the kit online on ebay is selling for $1000 and is an official FCA dealer. As you already know, they also send out an invoice from the dealership. This is actually a nice perk, considering you're buying it from eBay and not from the actual dealership's website or brick/mortar building.

MoparGuy

Reaction score
I noticed this as well, I believe it's a mistake they are making. I think I came across one or 2 sites that listed them as discontinued. moparpartsonline and moparperformanceparts both have the AB kit listed and are selling for about $1200...

The dealer in New York, that is selling the kit online on ebay is selling for $1000 and is an official FCA dealer. As you already know, they also send out an invoice from the dealership. This is actually a nice perk, considering you're buying it from eBay and not from the actual dealership's website or brick/mortar building.
Yeah, hard to believe the difference in price on the same kit from $1000 to over $1300 dealer price and everything in between.

Reaction score
Yeah, hard to believe the difference in price on the same kit from $1000 to over $1300 dealer price and everything in between.

Try living in Canada, we get hosed compared to you guys... My dealer quoted me $2600 CDN which is $2000 USD, I believe another Canadian member her was quoted $2400 CDN which is $1800 USD. When it comes to aftermarket or anything actually, we always usually pay more than what you folks pay. Ordering from the US is the only other option and sometimes that isn't worth it depending on shipping. When it crosses the border we also pay taxes, which is normal, but depending on the person inspecting you may pay the taxes on the price you paid or you may pay taxes on how much the item sells for here. Lucky enough, because I would be pre-paying my taxes through the eBay international shipping they already calculate import cost. Now everything works like that. Even worst, if the item you are buying from the US isn't made in America or Mexico (made in China etc..) then we are also nailed with duties as well. So in other words, if the items do not fall under NAFTA then we pay duties.

I love my country 100% and I am lucky to live here but I do think we get hosed when it comes to purchasing certain items. In the US your phone, cable and internet is CHEAP.. Canada (at least Ontario) we get hosed. Partly due to lack of competition and restrictions with the government. I was paying $300/month ($250usd) (with discounts) for my internet and TV package which had movies, some add channels and internet that was slow. I have since cancelled cable, and only have internet with a discount provider and still have like $70/month ($52usd). My cell phone bill which gets me 23gig/month (again special promotions and gifted from cell provider because my iPad was lost during shipment -not their fault but they stepped up to the plate) I pay $143/month ($105usd).. What do you think of them apples lol...

Users who are viewing this thread