5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updated 2" Mopar Lift/Level Kit - Discussion

justinbeez

Reaction score
So. With ORP all around you would need to put a front spacer in addition to either mopar/bilsteins to even out the rake again when you lift it? Found out the built to serves come with the orp, so now I have to research all over again -__- would the falcon setup be better at getting rid of the factory style rake you have with the orp front and rears?

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So. With ORP all around you would need to put a front spacer in addition to either mopar/bilsteins to even out the rake again when you lift it? Found out the built to serves come with the orp, so now I have to research all over again -__- would the falcon setup be better at getting rid of the factory style rake you have with the orp front and rears?
Just a thought but you can always put standard springs in the rear then you have the level look you want. I don't know anything at all about the falcon setup.

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I want to say someone else has done Bilsteins in the front with a 1" spacer in the rear to achieve level with the ORP package.

justinbeez

Reaction score
I want to say someone else has done Bilsteins in the front with a 1" spacer in the rear to achieve level with the ORP package.

But we shouldn't need anything in the rear? I thought the bilstein 5100s on the 5th yields 2" in the front plus the 1" from the ORP front springs vs 2.6 on a non ORP. Or am I getting my numbers wrong? Adding a spacer to the rear ORP rear springs would give you some serious rake.

Goddard_304

Reaction score
Got the lift on and alignment but got traction light coming on around curves once in a while ...any ideas?

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got the lift on and alignment but got traction light coming on around curves once in a while ...any ideas?
I was getting a traction light frequently in corners right after my install also but I don't get it anymore after adding hellwig swaybar and my RC UCAs. Not sure which one helped it most because I installed them at the same time. I feel like the hellwig swaybar is a must on these trucks if you lift them at all.

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
But we shouldn't need anything in the rear? I thought the bilstein 5100s on the 5th yields 2" in the front plus the 1" from the ORP front springs vs 2.6 on a non ORP. Or am I getting my numbers wrong? Adding a spacer to the rear ORP rear springs would give you some serious rake.

Don't think so. Do a forum search for bilstein rear spacer and you'll see a lot of discussion on it. From what I've gathered you want the fronts to be 1inch higher than the rear. So 2" from the bilstein and a 1" spacer in the rear gives you that 1" difference. Granted it comes down to user preference and what you do with your truck as well.

Here's a thread with a picture

Don't think he has ORP so that may be the rational behind the 1.5" in the rear on that particular truck.

Also, I've not done this to mine yet. Just going off the research I've done. It could be that I'm getting mixed up with non-orp too lol.

We really need to make a thread strictly for ORP trucks and non-ORP trucks.

rome5982

Reaction score
Do I need to purchase the Hellwig sway bar with the extended endlinks (HWG-7883 ) for the 4x4 mopar 2" lift with ORG, or is the 7709 good enough?

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do I need to purchase the Hellwig sway bar with the extended endlinks (HWG-7883 ) for the 4x4 mopar 2" lift with ORG, or is the 7709 good enough?
Most would prob tell you the 7709 version is fine but I went with the 7883 version with the beefier adjustable end links so my bar would be parallel to the ground like the OEM bar is. You will def get additional stability from the beefier end links as well.

Goddard_304

Reaction score
Going to shop monday been told by my symptoms its the steering angle sensor that needs recalibrated

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Tazithman

Reaction score
Just installed my lift kit and had mechanic mount/balance my new grappler 35's and align it. When programming my new tire size I found that I have to size them over an inch smaller (33.7") to be accurate. Anyone else run into this?

Attachments

• 20200612_172019.jpg
    20200612_172019.jpg
    245.5 KB · Views: 206

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just installed my lift kit and had mechanic mount/balance my new grappler 35's and align it. When programming my new tire size I found that I have to size them over an inch smaller (33.7") to be accurate. Anyone else run into this?
That makes sense because I have read that you program it with the size of the tire as it sits on the ground with the weight of the vehicle. In other words if you measure your tire size from top to bottom installed with weight on it you will prob get close to the 33.7 that you had to input.

MoparGuy

Reaction score
Truck looks great. Can’t tell if your driveway has a slight grade but it looks fairly level. I see you are not running ORP springs. I get my Mopar lift and tires installed next Thursday and with already having ORP springs, I’m concerned about the stance. Level would be great but I’d be content with some rake.

MoparGuy

Reaction score
Truck looks great. Can’t tell if your driveway has a slight grade but it looks fairly level. I see you are not running ORP springs. I get my Mopar lift and tires installed next Thursday and with already having ORP springs, I’m concerned about the stance. Level would be great but I’d be content with some rake.

Reaction score
Well just a little information I got from FCA you guys might find interesting. I call emailed FCA to find out if buying my parts from an US FCA dealer would be covered under warranty here in Canada. The answer was NO, the parts purchased in a different country are not covered even tho It’s all FCA products. STUPID!!!

Here is an even more alarming piece of information I got.... If I purchase my lift kit from the dealer here in Canada and they install the product. Apparently if anything goes wrong with your truck related to the MOPAR lift kit the dealer or FCA can deny your claim. So as far as I was told from FCA Canada the MOPAR kit will not cover items broken under warranty related to the kit, so basically your UCA, ball joints etc... Maybe even the driveline too who knows.

I told the guy that is pretty stupid, how can an official MOPAR part sold by FCA void your warranty if they are saying here is a lift kit that will work on the truck. They put no warnings on the order catalog that state it will void the warranty. He says because the truck was not designed with the lift, and that even tho the lift kit is from FCA it will void warranty on related parts that fail because of it. He agreed it doesn’t make sense they would sell a product and say it will void your warranty if related items to the lift failed. I said I could understand if you had an external companies lift that was 4” or 6” and something happened, but FCA small lift seems like ”hey this is the size of lift we approve on our trucks before warranty on items related are not covered”

I wonder if the same is true for all the other items, like the air intake they sell.

Just wanted to give you a guys a heads up.... You may not a have a problem at the dealer warranty items anyhow. But the change COULD be there If they wanted to.. Maybe FCA stance in the USA is different, anyone want to call FCA US?

Reaction score

Truck looks great. Exactly what mine will look like except blue when I am done. You have the same rims I have except black. I have been planning on getting mine powder coated Satin black, your picture has been the best yet that I have seen with the same rims in black. All the pictures on the internet of the black edition rims are not at very good angles.

MoparGuy

Reaction score
Well just a little information I got from FCA you guys might find interesting. I call emailed FCA to find out if buying my parts from an US FCA dealer would be covered under warranty here in Canada. The answer was NO, the parts purchased in a different country are not covered even tho It’s all FCA products. STUPID!!!

Here is an even more alarming piece of information I got.... If I purchase my lift kit from the dealer here in Canada and they install the product. Apparently if anything goes wrong with your truck related to the MOPAR lift kit the dealer or FCA can deny your claim. So as far as I was told from FCA Canada the MOPAR kit will not cover items broken under warranty related to the kit, so basically your UCA, ball joints etc... Maybe even the driveline too who knows.

I told the guy that is pretty stupid, how can an official MOPAR part sold by FCA void your warranty if they are saying here is a lift kit that will work on the truck. They put no warnings on the order catalog that state it will void the warranty. He says because the truck was not designed with the lift, and that even tho the lift kit is from FCA it will void warranty on related parts that fail because of it. He agreed it doesn’t make sense they would sell a product and say it will void your warranty if related items to the lift failed. I said I could understand if you had an external companies lift that was 4” or 6” and something happened, but FCA small lift seems like ”hey this is the size of lift we approve on our trucks before warranty on items related are not covered”

I wonder if the same is true for all the other items, like the air intake they sell.

Just wanted to give you a guys a heads up.... You may not a have a problem at the dealer warranty items anyhow. But the change COULD be there If they wanted to.. Maybe FCA stance in the USA is different, anyone want to call FCA US?
Thanks for all that information. That is ridiculous that FCA is saying they won’t cover their own accessories or components linked to those accessories whether you buy and have them installed at a dealer or not. Between my wife and daughters, we have owned or leased close to 30 FCA vehicles. From my experience, you will get a different answer from different dealers depending on what issues you are having and what is and isn’t covered. My local dealer is 5 minutes from my house and the service writers and manager know my wife and I by name. We get all our oil changes done there and all warranty work of course. Of course dealer personnel change over the years but having a good relationship with your service department definitely works in your benefit on warranty issues.

I bought my truck and my new 34” Falkens from a dealer an hour away but this is the 3rd vehicle I got from them since 1988. They are a small town dealer and they tend to work with you more than some large dealers that treat you like a number instead of a customer.

Before I bought my bigger tires and lift kit, I asked excessively on whether or not anything I’m doing will void the warranty and I was told it would not. Even if I installed the kit myself or had a reputable shop install it I was still told it wouldn’t void the warranty. I’m having my local 4X4 shop install everything next week for less than half the cost of a dealer so I will let you all know if I have any warranty issues down the road.

Reaction score
@MoparGuy - Yes it is most definitely ridiculous that they would say and do that. The parts themselves are under warranty but anything issues relating to the lift after install I was told they are will not be covered. In my case the parts will not be warranty if I buy them from the US, but I don’t really care because I am saving myself $1000 I can almost buy to kits for the price of one. I don’t for see any problems with the Mopar kit, so I will roll the dice on purchasing from FCA US dealer. It’s the rest of the truck components I am worried about.

Now with the being said, it can come down to the dealer if they want to be a-holes or nice guys/gals. Even when it comes to my lift kit if I purchase from the US they my just over look it and covered anything that may fail down the road. Still stupid that you have to even worry about the possibilities of not being covered, when buying all approved FCA products. I mean what is the point in buy FCA official parts if you can get the aftermarket company parts and still end up with the same result of not being covered. Where is the incentive with ordering from the FCA? There isn’t really.

Now if that being said, again it comes down to the dealer mostly. There are times where FCA (US or Canada) may need pictures to approve certain work. Most of the time dealer just submits your work and it’s good to go. But at the end of the day, the dealer isn’t the one who approves the warranty work, its the head office of FCA (in US or Canada)

Little story related to dealers looking past mods if your interested.

I purchased a brand new Can-Am Outlander 800 in 2010... I modded that think big time and rode that thing hard in the mud. I had a bunch of stuff done and the can-am dealer I used didn’t care that I had all these mods *non can-am stuff* and they warrentied it every single time I had to take it in after breaking something lol, even when I bent the main shaft going into the motor. So it proves that at the end of the day it comes down to the dealer mostly. Now I will say, after Can-Am replaced 3 winches, they said they wound’t cover it anymore. Same goes from my stock axles, they replaced them 3 times I think and said after that they will not cover them anymore so I bought aftermarket axles. Point being, I really got my moneys worth out of the warranty with them even with all my mods.

My ATV was not the same machine as it was stock. I had... Lifted 2”, 26.5” rock crawler tires and 30” Mud tires (big paddles on the tires), snorkel kit for the clutch and air intake, radiator relocated to my front rack, aftermarket axles, clutch spring kit, exhaust system and more. Like I said I played hard with it and they were cool with it. Only things I had that were add-one from Can-am was a storage box and handle grip wind guards, not even remotely related to performances upgrades.

So over the course of my warranty they covered, 3 times for axle replacements usually 1 axle each time was broken EXCEPT 1 time where I broke 2 axles, I was really stuck ($1000+ each time I went), 3 replaced winches ($500 each time I think), main shaft going into the motor which was a big job and some smaller issues as well..

Users who are viewing this thread