5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updated 2" Mopar Lift/Level Kit - Discussion

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The reason for the updated kit was to eliminate the rake of the original 2" Mopar lift that everyone was complaining about. If you want the rake for towing, I would get the original lift without the TSB 1" spacer. Then original was a full 2/2 lift, most people wanted a level lift so the TSB spacer Leveled the front end a bit

Got it, I’ll be doing some timber grove bags as well in the back for leveling the rear back up. I would like to see the fender measurements of the revised kit. If there’s still a little rake with the kit I’m good with it, just didn’t want to go full level because of towing.

BiGJZ74

Reaction score
Got it, I’ll be doing some timber grove bags as well in the back for leveling the rear back up. I would like to see the fender measurements of the revised kit. If there’s still a little rake with the kit I’m good with it, just didn’t want to go full level because of towing.

The following msg is from beginning of thread, about 1.5" of rake.

Here are some rough measurements (will try to get some precise measurements soon but I know these are close, if not 100% accurate):
- Front center hub to fender: 24"
- Rear center hub to fender: 25 1/2"

View attachment 23109

whonut

Reaction score
Newbie with (probably) stupid question. I have the ORP, which has a one inch lift, which I gather the is achieved over non ORP trucks with slightly longer spring and shock strut.

So two inch lift would result in a one inch gain over my stock setup?

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Newbie with (probably) stupid question. I have the ORP, which has a one inch lift, which I gather the is achieved over non ORP trucks with slightly longer spring and shock strut.

So two inch lift would result in a one inch gain over my stock setup?

it should be two inches. Since the spring is already 1” higher, you’re adding 2” preload shock and a 2” spacer (to an already 1” spring lift) giving a 3” total lift.

spaightlabs

Reaction score
it should be two inches. Since the spring is already 1” higher, you’re adding 2” preload shock and a 2” spacer (to an already 1” spring lift) giving a 3” total lift.

Which means you should change the upper control arms out so you are not destroying your ball joints.

That's why Readylift's stuff says not for use on ORG/ORP - because the 3.5 inch lift which comes with UCAs is then a 4.5 which requires more than just UCA's and the 2 inch spacer-only level kit becomes 3 which should really have UCAs then.

whonut

Reaction score
@Alxmlr789 - I figured 2” spacer would give me a total of 3” due to taller spring. Not sure about shock though. If existing shock is tuned for an inch already, how would new shock be properly set for 3”?

@spaightlabs - yeah Mopar says this lift isn’t compatible with Rebel, probably because it’s already lifted a bit. Strange they don’t say same about ORP. I guess I’ll have to dig into it further.

2Fast-4U

Reaction score
Has any one been able to order the new Lift P/N 77072424AB? Seems Mopar is a bit behind getting this out. After being told mid June, I was then told mid July. Here it is knocking on first week of August and my dealer still can't get the updated lift! Wish I knew when I'd be able to get this and get it installed.

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Has any one been able to order the new Lift P/N 77072424AB? Seems Mopar is a bit behind getting this out. After being told mid June, I was then told mid July. Here it is knocking on first week of August and my dealer still can't get the updated lift! Wish I knew when I'd be able to get this and get it installed.

I spoke with both Mopar and My dealers parts department today and they both said there has been no revision to the kit. Mopar gave me the part number of JUST the front shocks, and it appears the front shock part number has an AA to it, but it looks like it's the same part number as a thread in April of 2018 here. So, it's a mystery, lol.

The dealer said he does have that kit (77072424) in stock at the warehouse (next day delivery), so i know they are available.

CALIRAM

Reaction score
Here’s a picture of my truck with the mopar kit and TSB spacers added. Ordered the kit in July from Mopar Accessory Giant and it came with the TSB spacers. I am running 35x12.50r22 Nitto Terra Grappler G2s on the factory sport 22” wheels. No rubbing at all. My shop didn’t have to do any cutting or trimming F6B25244-139C-4BAA-A36A-D7BAACBACC3F.jpeg

roshang98

Reaction score
Here’s a picture of my truck with the mopar kit and TSB spacers added. Ordered the kit in July from Mopar Accessory Giant and it came with the TSB spacers. I am running 35x12.50r22 Nitto Terra Grappler G2s on the factory sport 22” wheels. No rubbing at all. My shop didn’t have to do any cutting or trimming View attachment 32678
looking good.Is it Mopar 2 inch lift kit? is this 4WD OR 2WD

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here’s a picture of my truck with the mopar kit and TSB spacers added. Ordered the kit in July from Mopar Accessory Giant and it came with the TSB spacers. I am running 35x12.50r22 Nitto Terra Grappler G2s on the factory sport 22” wheels. No rubbing at all. My shop didn’t have to do any cutting or trimming View attachment 32678

More pics!

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Looks great. Would you mind sharing measurements from center cap to fender line?

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Would you also share what tonneau that is, and more photos of that too. Thanks!

Txy

Reaction score
Just did my oil change and noticed that my knuckle is rubbing on the rear of my lower control arm on both sides. Anyone else getting this? I have the kit with the TSB extra ring. I haven't heard any clunking or anything like that. Just saw it while changing my oil. Will this cause any major issues down the road?

What could be done to fix this? Would a small amount of negative camber fix this? Any side effects of negative camber?

20190805_151208.jpg

Grayman5752

Reaction score
Just did my oil change and noticed that my knuckle is rubbing on the rear of my lower control arm on both sides. Anyone else getting this? I have the kit with the TSB extra ring. I haven't heard any clunking or anything like that. Just saw it while changing my oil. Will this cause any major issues down the road?

What could be done to fix this? Would a small amount of negative camber fix this? Any side effects of negative camber?

View attachment 32786

Normal. That is your steering stop. When you turn your wheels lock-to-lock, the knuckle contacting the LCA is what you’re feeling. Absolutely nothing to worry about.

alz0305

Reaction score
Just to confirm....the Mopar lift will not work with the ORP without adjusting control arms? So if you want a more agressive ride height you are better off non ORP and just putting the Mopar 2" on?

Users who are viewing this thread