5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updated 2" Mopar Lift/Level Kit - Discussion

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Update after picking truck up from the dealer and removing factory parts from the bed. The ride is smooth and noticeably stiffer but tires are at 60psi, so I’m sure that is a big part of it. Speaking of tires, they have just the right amount of road hum to put a grin on your face without being annoying.

Measurements: Front: ground to fender well 42“
center of hub to fender well 25”
Rear: ground to fender well 42 1/2”

Overall really pleased with how it turned out and glad it’s all under Mopar warranty.
View attachment 60249
View attachment 60250
Looks Awesome man, that's exactly what I measured right after install. I run the same tire and took them down to 45psi, it will def help with the stiffness. You will be happy with that setup....I had some issues at first with my traction control in tighter corners but that has since gone away, don't know how or why. If you haven't ordered one yet, I would recommend getting the lifted version hellwig swaybar, it will help with cornering significantly.

Huey68

Reaction score
Looks Awesome man, that's exactly what I measured right after install. I run the same tire and took them down to 45psi, it will def help with the stiffness. You will be happy with that setup....I had some issues at first with my traction control in tighter corners but that has since gone away, don't know how or why. If you haven't ordered one yet, I would recommend getting the lifted version hellwig swaybar, it will help with cornering significantly.
Thanks! I do plan to air down, so I’ll try 45psi and see how that helps. I‘ll also look at adding the hellwig, have seen several guys mention the improvement in handling. Not done any highway driving as of yet but will be doing some tomorrow. Will be interesting to see if the dealer calibrated the speedo, they do some sort of update in their computer system with VIN on the new tire sizing and it is suppose to adjust through uconnect :unsure:

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks! I do plan to air down, so I’ll try 45psi and see how that helps. I‘ll also look at adding the hellwig, have seen several guys mention the improvement in handling. Not done any highway driving as of yet but will be doing some tomorrow. Will be interesting to see if the dealer calibrated the speedo, they do some sort of update in their computer system with VIN on the new tire sizing and it is suppose to adjust through uconnect :unsure:
I would be curious if it worked as well, keep us posted. I didn't bother having mine calibrated, I am off about 5mph at 65mph.

Reaction score
i wAs told at my dealer that they couldn’t recalibrate my speedo... I personally have a very bad taste about this particular dealer and don’t trust them as far as I can throw them... but the tire guys told me they couldn’t recalibrate my speedo either... any input from you folks on whether this is true??

Reaction score
Has anyone installed this kit in their driveways using jack stands? How long did it take? What's required?

I'm no stranger to coil spring compression tool either. I've done struts and lowering kits plenty of times.

I believe my dealer is $600 for install but I'll have to double check. Debating on paying for it to be installed or doing it myself.

BiGJZ74

Reaction score
i wAs told at my dealer that they couldn’t recalibrate my speedo... I personally have a very bad taste about this particular dealer and don’t trust them as far as I can throw them... but the tire guys told me they couldn’t recalibrate my speedo either... any input from you folks on whether this is true??
I just ordered the rough country speedo recalibrator. It worked just fine. Took about 15 minutes this morning.

eproulx38

Reaction score
I just ordered the rough country speedo recalibrator. It worked just fine. Took about 15 minutes this morning.
That's good to hear. Mine should be delivered on Wednesday. Any helpful tips that you found that might make it easier for someone that has never used one?

BiGJZ74

Reaction score
That's good to hear. Mine should be delivered on Wednesday. Any helpful tips that you found that might make it easier for someone that has never used one?
Super simple. Just have to install the software updater to ur PC and update the unit first. U can get software off the RC website. The Green junction box you need to plug the cable into is up about 6" up behind the lower left dash. My big hand barely fit so I just left the cable plugged in and rolled it up and tucked it away when finished. This also makes it easier to reconnect if you ever have to adjust it again. I set it at 34" for my 35's to get the same speed readings from speedo and phone gps. When tires are installed, tires compress a bit so not 35" when installed. 35x12.5 RG's are actually only 34.76" in diameter to begin with.

choo_31

Reaction score
For those of you guys that have installed the Mopar lift, orp front springs and running 35’s...what is your overall total height of the truck? Wanting to make sure I can still use my garage after installing the lift.

eproulx38

Reaction score
Super simple. Just have to install the software updater to ur PC and update the unit first. U can get software off the RC website. The Green junction box you need to plug the cable into is up about 6" up behind the lower left dash. My big hand barely fit so I just left the cable plugged in and rolled it up and tucked it away when finished. This also makes it easier to reconnect if you ever have to adjust it again. I set it at 34" for my 35's to get the same speed readings from speedo and phone gps. When tires are installed, tires compress a bit so not 35" when installed. 35x12.5 RG's are actually only 34.76" in diameter to begin with.
Thank you for the info!

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For those of you guys that have installed the Mopar lift, orp front springs and running 35’s...what is your overall total height of the truck? Wanting to make sure I can still use my garage after installing the lift.
I don't know exact height but I know for a fact that its less than 7ft bc that's the max height for the car wash I use and I don't hit the overheight bar lol. Hope that helps, I have the same set up you asked about.

Last edited:

Huey68

Reaction score
My truck fits in the garage with about 1 1/2” clearance of the killer whale fin :giggle:

EGJ16

Reaction score
So I went to go order the kit for my truck today and I gave them the part number 77072424AB. On the printout they gave me it was 77072424AC. I looked it up to see if there was a difference and couldnt find anything online. They showed to have 1 kit in stock but ended up not finding it so I wasnt able to see it.

SzymiRam@2019

Reaction score
So I went to go order the kit for my truck today and I gave them the part number 77072424AB. On the printout they gave me it was 77072424AC. I looked it up to see if there was a difference and couldnt find anything online. They showed to have 1 kit in stock but ended up not finding it so I wasnt able to see it.

Hey, where did you order your kit from ? I am in Canada, and the dealer also said there is AC version, but currently unavailable for purchase, so it will be the AB version. How much did you pay. ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EGJ16

Reaction score
Hey, where did you order your kit from ? I am in Canada, and the dealer also said there is AC version, but currently unavailable for purchase, so it will be the AB version. How much did you pay. ?

It was $1350 USD. But I used a 15% off coupon from mopar so with tax it was $1312.24.

I called around for install and my main dealer I go to for service said it would be $1100 for install (alignment included). The dealer I got the truck from said $169/hr and it would be 2-3hrs. Plus 129 for an alignment.

MoparGuy

Reaction score
It was $1350 USD. But I used a 15% off coupon from mopar so with tax it was $1312.24.

I called around for install and my main dealer I go to for service said it would be $1100 for install (alignment included). The dealer I got the truck from said $169/hr and it would be 2-3hrs. Plus 129 for an alignment.
I’ve never heard of an AC version. I would have to assume something would be different for them to change the part number.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ve never heard of an AC version. I would have to assume something would be different for them to change the part number.
Mopar will change a part number even if they switch manufacturers for just one part within the kit.

EGJ16

Reaction score
Yeah it happened within the last couple of days. I couldnt find anything online about anything changing. Every search goes to the AB kit.

Alex5737

Reaction score
Hey, where in Canada did you find the Mopar for $1900 ? I was looking for one and few dealers quoted me $2280 plus HST. End up ordering from US. But still didn’t arrive.
Thanks.

I found the older kit without the spacer for just under 1k U.S.A. first make sure u can get the spacer or better yet ask the guy selling the original kits to add the spacer. The one i ordered came from a dealer in Michigan

Users who are viewing this thread