5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updated 2" Mopar Lift/Level Kit - Discussion

STLJJ

Reaction score
Has anyone installed the mopar lift and left off the rear blocks and installed the rear ORP springs instead? Would the dealership do this? Would this void warrenty because they didn't install the whole kit?

joe4654

Reaction score
Well, I went ahead and got the tires I wanted today at least. Now I just need to decide if I want to install the ORP front springs I have sitting in my garage or remove the spring spacers in the back to drop it back down to near level. Or, look for a 1" spring spacers instead?
Would you be able to post the part numbers OPR front spring if you by chance know them. Thanks

LoneRanger

Reaction score
Rear clayton springs. 285/75 r18 on stock rims. No clearance issues at all between the UCA and the sidewall, I can stick my whole hand in there. Also no rubbing. I maxed the suspension until the rear corner was off the ground 18".

L.R.
PXL_20220826_214445000.jpg PXL_20220826_214419063.jpg PXL_20220826_214402328.jpg PXL_20220826_214321105.jpg

Jeffcoles

Reaction score
First post, so I figured I would contribute and add value to this forum. As much searching as I have done and pages read, I could not find a definitive answer on whether 35x12.5 tires would fit with the Mopar lift using aftermarket wheels with a decent offset and on a non-ORP Ram 1500 or one that is not a Rebel. I’m happy to say… yes! I just picked up my Laramie with Fuel 22” wheels with -19mm offset. So far, no rubbing anywhere I can find. Even my stock 22” wheels with street radials rubbed at certain angles. The shop I used which has specialized in trucks for 40 years didn’t think they would fit without rubbing severely. The only mods they made was some slight plastic trimming, pulled fender liner back some and removed the little mud flaps.

I’m pretty happy so far. The Nitto Ridge Grapplers are just slightly louder than the stock road tires. I wouldn’t say the ride quality feels just like stock because the tire profile is larger (a little more bounce), but it still maintains the supple ride the Ram is known for. The acceleration is still pretty good (3.92 gears). Putting on the S&B intake and Edge Pulse Tuner this weekend. Sorry for the bad pics. Couldn’t wait to take out the old wheels and tires. LOL. 63A5DE50-B289-4027-AD07-4C0DDDC31B70.jpeg 75A5F7D8-1923-465B-B427-3836BA5564BB.jpeg DBC6D324-B447-4313-B7B1-871B2B21948B.jpeg 5007B2CB-EE4A-42E1-BACB-5DEEC4F4DAB3.jpeg 3A4BB31A-514D-4EAE-BE43-F8BF8FC45041.jpeg

ryanJ

Reaction score
Been running this lift with the ORP springs for about 70,000 miles and I'm getting some knocking noises from the front end. Most noticeable when turning at slow speeds, hitting speed bumps etc. I'm assuming its ball joints/ bushings so ill probably overhaul but I remember people mentioning the ball joint on the upper control arm being at the wrong angle due to the springs. Any suggestions on upgrading those control arms with my set up would be appreciated.

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Been running this lift with the ORP springs for about 70,000 miles and I'm getting some knocking noises from the front end. Most noticeable when turning at slow speeds, hitting speed bumps etc. I'm assuming its ball joints/ bushings so ill probably overhaul but I remember people mentioning the ball joint on the upper control arm being at the wrong angle due to the springs. Any suggestions on upgrading those control arms with my set up would be appreciated.
Your sig says Mopar lift, so it should have the correct UCAs with the improved angle ball joint.

The spec for at least the lower ball joint is .004" I believe, and I don't recall the upper spec, so don't be surprised if either is labeled out of spec at what I would consider too low of mileage.

That said, most people find the knuckle contacting the LCA at near full turning when hitting small bumps, to be offensively loud. The contact is normal.

The sway bar links are known to be very poor quality, so those may be due for replacement. I believe people are trying to use the 2500 links, which I'm sorry I don't remember, but they may need the standard end cut down, or maybe it was an aftermarket lift kit company's link that was heavier, but needed to be cut down. The links have options.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I chased a knocking sound for a long time with this same setup and it ended up being the FOX shocks themselves. They need serviced every so many miles per their website. I ended switching to Bilstein shocks, no more knock and better ride overall. I'm not saying that's where your knocking is coming from but that's where mine was. Start by checking your end links to make sure they aren't shot.

Last edited:

ryanJ

Reaction score
I chased a knocking sound for a long time with this same setup and it ended up being the FOX shocks themselves. They need serviced every so many miles per their website. I ended switching to Bilstein shocks, no more knock and better ride overall. I'm not saying that's where your knocking is coming from but that's where mine was. Start by checking your end links to make sure they aren't shot.
Did you replace the shocks only?

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I did the "process of elimination". Started with the end links, then replaced lower control arms because the shop said I had excessive play in the ball joints. However, the clunk was still there after replacing these parts. I then purchased wireless chassis ears to further diagnose and that's when I narrowed it down to the shocks themselves.
Once I found out how ridiculous the process is to have the FOX shocks serviced I decided to move on from FOX and go Bilstein all the way around.
Long story longer, I basically ended up replacing the whole front suspension lol. You can see in my signature what I am currently running and I love the setup so far.

Last edited:

Starkhaus

Reaction score
Anyone know if the Mopar kit will level the truck? I see some trucks leveled afterward and some very clearly still have the stock rake so unsure of what it will do.

Ultimately just want to level the truck and retain ride quality with quality parts no spacers

cskindt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone know if the Mopar kit will level the truck? I see some trucks leveled afterward and some very clearly still have the stock rake so unsure of what it will do.

Ultimately just want to level the truck and retain ride quality with quality parts no spacers
I don't have the mopar lift, but I read through a lot of this thread while researching my own level/lift configuration.
In summary, Mopar lifts the truck by 2". It doesn't level it.
Some didn't like the back all jacked-up and pulled the spacers out for a more level appearance.

jwiley386

Reaction score
Wow.. This thread has REALLY blown up!

RAM FAM I need Help, please jump over to my newest thread to check out my current issue after replacing this lift with a 6" Rough Country on 37's.. Any assistance is appreciated!

Click Here for Shortcut

Starkhaus

Reaction score
I don't have the mopar lift, but I read through a lot of this thread while researching my own level/lift configuration.
In summary, Mopar lifts the truck by 2". It doesn't level it.
Some didn't like the back all jacked-up and pulled the spacers out for a more level appearance.
That’s the conclusion I was noticing as well. Do you know of any complication or extra wear or ride quality dings that could come from leaving the rear spacers out?

cskindt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That’s the conclusion I was noticing as well. Do you know of any complication or extra wear or ride quality dings that could come from leaving the rear spacers out?
You won't have any detrimental ride-quality problems. The only risk is being nose high.

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is correct. I can't imagine it causes any issues. It basically becomes a leveling kit at that point.

Starkhaus

Reaction score
This is correct. I can't imagine it causes any issues. It basically becomes a leveling kit at that point.
Then that being the question of is the price tag on the Mopar kit even being worth if I only want the front end components. Wonder if it’s a better/cheaper idea to get the same Fox setup and better UCAs

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Then that being the question of is the price tag on the Mopar kit even being worth if I only want the front end components. Wonder if it’s a better/cheaper idea to get the same Fox setup and better UCAs
If a level is all your after just get Bilstein B8 5100 ride height adjustables.

If your dead set on the Mopar lift and not happy with the rake then another option would be to replace the rear 2" spacers that come with the kit with 1" spacers.

Last edited:

cskindt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If the dealer installs it, you'll preserve any integrity in your warranty.
That's one selling point of many who bought it.

JasonLBess

Reaction score
After reading this thread I decided to go for the mopar lift on my 2021 Bighorn (non-ORP). Just had it installed along with some 18x9 (+0) wheels and 285/75 tires. I’m pretty dang happy with the way it turned out, even though the dealer did a poor job on the balance and alignment (figure I’ll let the suspension settle a bit before having them fix it). Ride still feels really smooth. It definitely still has all the factory rake, but I tow frequently so that was the goal. C17CAFB7-8964-4CE8-842C-0180BBA1CA66.jpeg 28B36D0B-520F-4E21-BE8A-11D960BF2285.jpeg 577A201A-F373-448D-BCDD-9BC6D3061252.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online