5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updated 2" Mopar Lift/Level Kit - Discussion

CDP110

Reaction score
If the dealer installs it, you'll preserve any integrity in your warranty.
That's one selling point of many who bought it.
Yes I agree. My front left fox shock failed and dealership warrantied it. I didn’t even pay $100.00 deductible. They said it is on them since lift only had 22,000 miles on it.

Bmilla39

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a dealership in Southern California for an install on this kit, there are so many options and I would not mind driving to a dealership that is more experienced with these. Also, it appears that they are now selling an AE kit, anyone know if any changes have been made?

Playmaker10

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a dealership in Southern California for an install on this kit, there are so many options and I would not mind driving to a dealership that is more experienced with these. Also, it appears that they are now selling an AE kit, anyone know if any changes have been made?
I'm looking for a dealership as well. Any suggestions will help

Roddog2220

Reaction score
After reading this thread I decided to go for the mopar lift on my 2021 Bighorn (non-ORP). Just had it installed along with some 18x9 (+0) wheels and 285/75 tires. I’m pretty dang happy with the way it turned out, even though the dealer did a poor job on the balance and alignment (figure I’ll let the suspension settle a bit before having them fix it). Ride still feels really smooth. It definitely still has all the factory rake, but I tow frequently so that was the goal. View attachment 154692 View attachment 154693 View attachment 154694
so did installing this help with the tow sag? i hate that in these trucks, if so what is the part number you ordered?

DocNash

Reaction score
After reading this thread I decided to go for the mopar lift on my 2021 Bighorn (non-ORP). Just had it installed along with some 18x9 (+0) wheels and 285/75 tires. I’m pretty dang happy with the way it turned out, even though the dealer did a poor job on the balance and alignment (figure I’ll let the suspension settle a bit before having them fix it). Ride still feels really smooth. It definitely still has all the factory rake, but I tow frequently so that was the goal. View attachment 154692 View attachment 154693 View attachment 154694
What motor do you have? I have a 2023 Bighorn w/ the v6. Seems like every lift is set up for the Hemi, and the spring rate would be wrong.

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Been reading through this thread and it has lots of good info. Based off me reading and speaking to the dealer I have 4 options I'm considering.

1. OEM springs with Mopar 2" lift kit gives me 2" all around lift. Original rake

2. OEM springs with lift (leave out rear spacer) gives 2" up front and level.

3. Rear ORP springs with kit (leave out rear kit spacer) gives me 2" front 1" rear lift. Small rake

4. ORP all around with kit (leave out rear kit spacer) gives 3" front 1" rear lift. Truck should be level

Option 3 & 4 seems most ideal for what I want, but nervous the ride quality will suffer.

Thoughts, opinions and advice are welcome and appreciated.

J

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The ORP springs are not 1 ton, but might be just a smiiiidge stiffer. You will see a better ride if you can stay with "C" range, "SL" load, or even get someone to mount "P" sized tires, with at least the necessary weight rating of course. The air ride would obviously ride better as well, but thousands of us are driving ORP daily and we don't have whiplash. The shock choice will make a bigger difference than the springs at this point. The Mopar lift shocks (Fox?) I think have a slightly stiffer ride quality than non ORP, but I've never read anyone ever wish they hadn't done it. Good luck with your choices.

Truck$-4life

Reaction score
Hello All,

Wanted to create a thread for pictures/discussions about the updated Mopar Lift/Level Kit (Part#: 77072424AB) - available early May for the public.

I luckily was one of the first to receive and can verify that it does sit closer to level than the original Mopar-Fox 2" Lift kits.
(Comparing another Ram side by side with the original 2" Mopar lift)

I will compile some side pictures and get measurements on Monday and post them Tuesday, as there are about 4 posts going around discussing this update.

IF YOU ALREADY OWN A MOPAR 2" KIT - please be advised there is a TSB That will allow you to drop off your Ram should you want the additional 1" in the front.
(I believe is free of charge but will confirm for those when I drop off my truck Monday for a detail)

Hope this thread helps, lets discuss!

View attachment 22789
View attachment 22793
What did the parts consist of. And what site

Hcalli1

Reaction score
I’ve been reading over this to see what to do and what to avoid when getting the mopar lift. The only question I never saw raised (that I remember) is what happens after warranty is up and the front strut goes out or needs to be replaced? I know most fox shock are rebuildable. Is that the same for these? Or are you SOL if one goes bad or it’s time to replace and have to go get another kit all over again.

Bigdumps

Reaction score
I’ve been reading over this to see what to do and what to avoid when getting the mopar lift. The only question I never saw raised (that I remember) is what happens after warranty is up and the front strut goes out or needs to be replaced? I know most fox shock are rebuildable. Is that the same for these? Or are you SOL if one goes bad or it’s time to replace and have to go get another kit all over again.
Helluva question.

My service guy told me, I would be better off just getting a new set of shocks(online, not from them) when the warranty is up. As for being rebuildable, if they were, you still have to ship it to them, and wait to get it back. Which seems crazy inconvenient.
I don't remember which Fox part number it is, if they need replacement.

Now you got me thinking if there's a better, replacement that would work with these kits.

Hcalli1

Reaction score
I was looking online to see if I could locate any but could not. I have a 19 rubicon for a mess around that I have a mopar/fox lift on but they are basic fox 2.5 that are “tuned” for jeep so they are relatively easy to find. The front struts for the ram however do not exist according to fox website and other places.

I was dead set on doing to mopar and orp front springs, (unless someone steers me away from that), but now it’s looking like once I do this and a strut goes out I’m sol. Also makes me wonder how they are doing warranty work on the struts if fox doesn’t make them available for the public.

Hcalli1

Reaction score
Helluva question.

My service guy told me, I would be better off just getting a new set of shocks(online, not from them) when the warranty is up. As for being rebuildable, if they were, you still have to ship it to them, and wait to get it back. Which seems crazy inconvenient.
I don't remember which Fox part number it is, if they need replacement.

Now you got me thinking if there's a better, replacement that would work with these kits.
I started thinking that and the only thing I could come up with would be buying the 2.0 coil overs and adding a 1.5-2in spacer on top and just dialing the adjustments on the coil over down to where you want it. Sounds like a very expensive inch to me.

Bigdumps

Reaction score
I started thinking that and the only thing I could come up with would be buying the 2.0 coil overs and adding a 1.5-2in spacer on top and just dialing the adjustments on the coil over down to where you want it. Sounds like a very expensive inch to me.
Well, after some looking. It's appears to just be the Fox 2.0 shocks. That are meant for 0-2" lifts. I would figure these are the replacements part #985-02-136.
But I would still go with the Mopar lift, cause either way, BDS, Zone, Rough country etc. I would assume when the shocks go, being a wear and tear item, you would have to buy replacements either way. I'm not a 4"/6" lift person, doesn't fit my lifestyle and purpose. So the Mopar lift with 35" tires(the tires imo, have the biggest impact on ride quality)gave me the height I wanted and I still have awesome ride quality.

Hcalli1

Reaction score
Well, after some looking. It's appears to just be the Fox 2.0 shocks. That are meant for 0-2" lifts. I would figure these are the replacements part #985-02-136.
But I would still go with the Mopar lift, cause either way, BDS, Zone, Rough country etc. I would assume when the shocks go, being a wear and tear item, you would have to buy replacements either way. I'm not a 4"/6" lift person, doesn't fit my lifestyle and purpose. So the Mopar lift with 35" tires(the tires imo, have the biggest impact on ride quality)gave me the height I wanted and I still have awesome ride quality.
I just wonder how bad orp springs (front) ruin the ride, it seems 50/50 on here and bad is a subjective term. Dealer near me has new Laramie with mopar lift and 35 for 56k and the rake is VERY noticeable. Thought about pulling trigger on one but not having the level b package is a deal breaker.

Bigdumps

Reaction score
It may have an outdated kit. When mine was installed, I had 1" of rake, hardly noticeable.
I can't imagine the orp springs making any negligible difference. But mine being almost 2 years old. The suspension settled about under 1/2" all around. I was going to have the orp springs installed, when I put new tires on. But my concern was adding the inch should on paper make it level, but might look nose high in reality due to hood and body lines
I just wonder how bad orp springs (front) ruin the ride, it seems 50/50 on here and bad is a subjective term. Dealer near me has new Laramie with mopar lift and 35 for 56k and the rake is VERY noticeable. Thought about pulling trigger on one but not having the level b package is a deal breaker.

Hcalli1

Reaction score
It may have an outdated kit. When mine was installed, I had 1" of rake, hardly noticeable.
I can't imagine the orp springs making any negligible difference. But mine being almost 2 years old. The suspension settled about under 1/2" all around. I was going to have the orp springs installed, when I put new tires on. But my concern was adding the inch should on paper make it level, but might look nose high in reality due to hood and body lines
Went and looked last night at the dealer to look at the trucks that already had the mopar lift installed. The paperwork they had stated the AD lift was installed on it and was horrible on rake. Could be they messed something up but who knows. I know some in here replaced spacers with smaller ones or just took the rear out. Or did the orp springs in the front.

Has anyone heard or maybe personally swapped the spring and spacer and put in the icon 1.5in springs? I’ve hear the ride with them are amazing but I was thinking swapping those springs (279 online) and a 1/2 level on the front would drop the rake to an inch roughly and still maintain the ride or make it better

Users who are viewing this thread