5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

*Update dealer made it worse!*Door panels falling off?

Amazing93

Reaction score
well what the hell. I'm outside detailing my interior and I sit on my running board to clean the lower half of my door panel and It rattles. Hmmmmm I think. So I look closer and I see a big gap. Turns out both front doors suffer this ailment. There's nothing left holding the bottom of the door panel on. The plastic inserts that anchor in the metal door pulled out completely. They're now attached to the little nubs on the door. They wont go back in. So off to the dealer Saturday. 6300 miles SighSigh. Everyone might wanna check their doors. The back ones aren't affected. I dont slam my doors so there's no reason for this to be happening.

Attachments

• 15913117493393950245789383581771.jpg
    15913117493393950245789383581771.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 214

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
First I've heard of this issue have you have had the door panels off? I found my drivers side panel loose after the dealer replaced the mirror which I found before leaving the dealership so they pulled the truck back in the service bay and fixed it, still tight.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
well what the hell. I'm outside detailing my interior and I sit on my running board to clean the lower half of my door panel and It rattles. Hmmmmm I think. So I look closer and I see a big gap. Turns out both front doors suffer this ailment. There's nothing left holding the bottom of the door panel on. The plastic inserts that anchor in the metal door pulled out completely. They're now attached to the little nubs on the door. They wont go back in. So off to the dealer Saturday. 6300 miles SighSigh. Everyone might wanna check their doors. The back ones aren't affected. I dont slam my doors so there's no reason for this to be happening.

I am very sorry for the trouble, @Amazing93. Please be sure to keep us posted on how your appointment goes tomorrow. If you are in need of any additional support, our team is just a private message away and we are more than happy to escalate a case on your behalf.

Mark
RamCares

MetalDog

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me. I just put double sided tape along the bottom as a temp solution.

Ellisstrong

Reaction score
When removing mine to replace the speakers I saw that you can usually fix this with the clips but if It came like that I guess go ahead and let the dealer fix it

FastBlackRam

Reaction score
Well this is disturbing. I would be so mad to find my door panels coming apart like that. Let the dealer fix it IMO. They have the proper parts and tools.

Scjon03

Reaction score

When did you buy your truck? Maybe the dealer did something and half *** it. Because it’s like impossible for the panels to pop out like that. If you ever try removing them before. They are in there pretty tight.

Amazing93

Reaction score
When did you buy your truck? Maybe the dealer did something and half *** it. Because it’s like impossible for the panels to pop out like that. If you ever try removing them before. They are in there pretty tight.
I bought it brand new last August. Its only been to the dealer to get the backup camera replaced. Yeah its weird that its happening. The whole panel half way up is completely popped out. I was able to push real hard in the bottom pocket of the passenger door and I got it reseated. The driver door is way worse though. It gets looked at today at 130.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Most of those sockets (the white parts inside the door panel) break. Sometimes the plugs (white or black protrusions on the panel itself) breaks. They are supposed to be replaced when the panel has been removed. Your dealer should fix it easy enough.
That said, sometimes if the door is slammed, it can also break those - they are hard plastic with not much give. Guys like to slam my passenger door for some reason, and I explain that it isn't their 1990s RAM .. close it gently. (yes, some of mine broke from that).

Amazing93

Reaction score
Just got it fixed. Dealer said it'll probably happen again in a year or so. That its a bad design and that they've seen this a lot. Said the clips need to be redesigned.

Amazing93

Reaction score
they scuffed the crap out of my door panel. Wtf. I called the service advisor up and he said come in Monday before 430 so the shop foreman can look at it. Man this stinks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200606-154529_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200606-154529_Gallery.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Heavy-handed tech's that don't care about your truck. That's some shoddy work. Hopefully they make it right, then find another dealership to work with.

Amazing93

Reaction score
Th
This is why I hate taking my truck to the dealership....stuff like that really pisses me off. Hope they fix it for you.
Thanks man me too. Let's hope they step up. $60k truck and they treat it like its a 500.00 Plymouth Reliant.

Scjon03

Reaction score
Just got it fixed. Dealer said it'll probably happen again in a year or so. That its a bad design and that they've seen this a lot. Said the clips need to be redesigned.

What?!? I think they are pulling your chain. I removed the door pnl off my 2019 Ram Laramie to fix a rattling sound and it took so much force to pull them out.

RamCares

Reaction score
they scuffed the crap out of my door panel. Wtf. I called the service advisor up and he said come in Monday before 430 so the shop foreman can look at it. Man this stinks.

I just had a chance to respond to your message on this, @Amazing93.

Mark
RamCares

Amazing93

Reaction score
I just got finished at the dealer. Long story short they stepped up in the end admitted fault and are ordering a new door panel. It should be here in a week.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I just got finished at the dealer. Long story short they stepped up in the end admitted fault and are ordering a new door panel. It should be here in a week.
I'm happy to hear they are taking care of you. My concern now would be what they plan to do (if anything) to make sure this doesn't happen again. This would be almost as important as their fixing what they messed up.

Adrianp89

Reaction score
As a person that has taken off 100s of door panels - this should be a very simple fix.

Users who are viewing this thread