5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UPDATE: 2019 1500 Limited “Pre-owned Certified” not so good

Jorangel87

Reaction score
UPDATE: Long story short, needs a new battery. Truck was jumped started, ran for a bit so by time mechanic tested, it showed sufficient charge of 74% and he said he didn’t get any error codes. Died again a few days later, AAA tow mechanic tested state of health 30%. May have overreacted but didn’t know how wonky these new “computer” trucks act when it’s a battery issue. Chalk it up to “I don’t know, what I don’t know”. Thanks to all who assisted with your responses and now need thee BEST recommendation on an over the top battery for my Ram.
My battery took a dump within 2 years they are garbage, I went with a AGM due to the my Kids devices being plugged in and all the other little stuff soaking up energy. Best battery ever. pricey but worth it

JimLid

Reaction score
My battery took a dump within 2 years they are garbage, I went with a AGM due to the my Kids devices being plugged in and all the other little stuff soaking up energy. Best battery ever. pricey but worth it
I bought the Optima Yellow Top. Heard nothing but positive reviews.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I bought the Optima Yellow Top. Heard nothing but positive reviews.
Make sure it's the starting battery, and not just deep cycle. Yellow top battery's aren't built to have a constant charge voltage applied once they are topped off. Deep cycle batteries are designed to be drained, then charged and charge removed once battery is full.

Also, Optima quality has gone downhill. They aren't the same battery they were in the 80's and early 90s when they got the reputation they did.

Jorangel87

Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread