5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Undercoating?

kendcc

Reaction score
HI Folks, I just picked up a new to me 2020 1500 Quad Cab... Love it so far, but man, I do miss the back seat of my F150 Super Crew...

Wanted to ask if anyone out there treats their undercarriage and if so, what's your go to product? I'd love to hear!

Terb59

Reaction score
I didn’t do it on my 2019 1500 Limited. I researched it and found that most recommended that it’s not necessary and just another add on dealers sell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeeper

Reaction score
I didn’t do it on my 2019 1500 Limited. I researched it and found that most recommended that it’s not necessary and just another add on dealers sell.

guess you haven't seen many Rams that are 3-5 yrs old with no oil spray! Around my parts Ontario/Michigan an untreated vehicle will look like hell underneath and start rusting through the panels in a few years. I get my vehicles sprayed once a year and I have never had rust on any of them!

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

Dupras

Reaction score
I have owned Rams since 2012 and every vehicle gets sprayed with Krown Rust control once a year (typically spring). Works great

Rebelguy2020

Ram Guru
Reaction score
HI Folks, I just picked up a new to me 2020 1500 Quad Cab... Love it so far, but man, I do miss the back seat of my F150 Super Crew...

Wanted to ask if anyone out there treats their undercarriage and if so, what's your go to product? I'd love to hear!
I got my truck under coated and rust proofed at the dealer, bought the truck in Toronto Ontario Canada and I also get the truck rustproofed at an aftermarket place called Corrosion Free, the best one in my experience, it is a little more money but it only has to be applied every 18 months. I plan on keeping this truck a long time, I don’t want it to rust. I live in Northern Ontario, the roads are severely salted in the winter and my truck is parked in my garage so it thaws every night, that’s the worst thing to do, it activates the rusting process if it’s not protected with a rust barrier.
I had vehicles rustproofed by Krown in the past, that is the worst one to get because it deteriorated the rubber seals around the doors and the rubber sound barrier in the body panels of my Caravan.
I also got an electronic rust controller installed on my 2011 Ram, that was a total waste of money.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I am torn. Not many choices in Northern Virginia and I had my Lincoln done recently but when I got under it to change the fuel filter I started looking close. It was not in all the nooks and crannies that I worry about.

I wonder if there is a chance the Ram will hold up as good as my Nissan. Had a 2012 Frontier that looked brand new underneath when I sold it off this year for the Ram. 150k miles and underside was spotless. The side was mangled from the deer strike but that's another story.

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
Seriously. Buy a can of acf50, it takes 20 mins to coat the underside and the inside of your rockers. Do it once a year. No issues. When I had my 08 truck, it still looked brand new under it when I sold it in 2015. It’s what we use on helicopters for corrosion. Abs what most use in the UK for corrosion protection on motorcycles they use year round.

Fairly cheap, and extremely affective.

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
NHOU Black Wax

Idahoktm

Reaction score
Just rains every other day, butcha got good coffee …. Lol

I live in the PNW and I get a kick out of that misconception. I assume you're referring to Seattle. Seattle gets less annual precipitation than Chicago or New York City but most people think it's the other way around.

Unfortunately, the dipshits that work for the highway department in North Idaho have decided to anti-ice our roads with salt brine. 🤬 Years ago they would just sprinkle sand in the intersections. It worked great if you knew how to drive on snow.

I'll have to take @ferraiolo1 advice and try ACF50. I don't want my truck to rust up. My 13 year old Tundra had a little rust, but I'd rather have none.

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I live in the PNW and I get a kick out of that misconception. I assume you're referring to Seattle. Seattle gets less annual precipitation than Chicago or New York City but most people think it's the other way around.

Unfortunately, the dipshits that work for the highway department in North Idaho have decided to anti-ice our roads with salt brine. Years ago they would just sprinkle sand in the intersections. It worked great if you knew how to drive on snow.

I'll have to take @ferraiolo1 advice and try ACF50. I don't want my truck to rust up. My 13 year old Tundra had a little rust, but I'd rather have none.

Lol …. Thanks for the clarification …. For those of us this side of the Miss river who have never been out there, we have all of you PNWers walking around every day with an umbrella, drinking fancy $10 coffees …. Glad to hear ya get a lil sunshine …. About 10 years ago, I stayed in a hotel at the base of Mt Hood on the Columbia river …. They got 6” of snow that night, and it just about shut sh!t down …. Pretty out there !!!

AmericanRebelution

Reaction score
I had mine sprayed professionally with Krown a couple months after I bought it. After that, I have been maintaining it myself by applying Fluid Film. If you go with Krown, a tip is to wipe down any rubber with silicone to keep the Krown from penetrating and making it sag. Some of the areas like door seals and hood seals could be affected by Krown.

Idahoktm

Reaction score
Lol …. Thanks for the clarification …. For those of us this side of the Miss river who have never been out there, we have all of you PNWers walking around every day with an umbrella, drinking fancy $10 coffees …. Glad to hear ya get a lil sunshine …. About 10 years ago, I stayed in a hotel at the base of Mt Hood on the Columbia river …. They got 6” of snow that night, and it just about shut sh!t down …. Pretty out there !!!

No self respecting PNW'er would be caught dead carrying an umbrella...maybe someone from Seattle. ;) There's a coffee hut on virtually every corner and a line of cars at each one. I don't get it...I've never liked coffee. My PNW friends think I'm a commie for not drinking coffee. :ROFLMAO:

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Unfortunately, the dipshits that work for the highway department in North Idaho have decided to anti-ice our roads with salt brine. 🤬 Years ago they would just sprinkle sand in the intersections. It worked great if you knew how to drive on snow.

Except for Forks, WA. They get 120" a year on average😮

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Thats because of all the imports from CA and the Pacific rim countries. They never learned how to drive in snow, so just the word freaks them out.

Users who are viewing this thread