5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Under Water

geosh2018

Reaction score
I have had a few minor issues so far with my 2019 Limited Ram 4X4. However, this last issue takes the cake!! I have a significant water leak coming into the passenger side floorboard from somewhere. The carpet is soaking wet from the front passenger side all the way to the rear seat. The jack pouch under the front passenger seat is soaking wet, and when you pull back the carpet, there is standing water. I contacted my selling dealership, and they stated it would be a couple of days until they could look at it. Rainbow Dodge provides no loaners, and the service advisor said it could take several days to find the leak. I am venting because when you buy a $66,000 vehicle, you expect better customer service. Every vehicle has issues, but it is how the service department handles it. I am going to demand that I want new carpet because it is soaking wet all over. I am so tempted to go back to Ford and take a loss because I never had issues with my 2015 Ford F-150 Platinum. Oh, lastly several wires are soaking wet under the seat and passenger kick panel. Should I trade it asap or try and get Ram to fix it? I have a video on YouTube under my page New Ride Reviews.

immersivenc

Reaction score
I have had a few minor issues so far with my 2019 Limited Ram 4X4. However, this last issue takes the cake!! I have a significant water leak coming into the passenger side floorboard from somewhere. The carpet is soaking wet from the front passenger side all the way to the rear seat. The jack pouch under the front passenger seat is soaking wet, and when you pull back the carpet, there is standing water. I contacted my selling dealership, and they stated it would be a couple of days until they could look at it. Rainbow Dodge provides no loaners, and the service advisor said it could take several days to find the leak. I am venting because when you buy a $66,000 vehicle, you expect better customer service. Every vehicle has issues, but it is how the service department handles it. I am going to demand that I want new carpet because it is soaking wet all over. I am so tempted to go back to Ford and take a loss because I never had issues with my 2015 Ford F-150 Platinum. Oh, lastly several wires are soaking wet under the seat and passenger kick panel. Should I trade it asap or try and get Ram to fix it? I have a video on YouTube under my page New Ride Reviews.

You need to stand your ground and have it fixed to your satisfaction or keep taking it in until you qualify for a lemon law case under your state's law. Do not trade it, you will lose your @ss. Stick it out and hire an attorney, worked out for me.

geosh2018

Reaction score
You need to stand your ground and have it fixed to your satisfaction or keep taking it in until you qualify for a lemon law case under your state's law. Do not trade it, you will lose your @ss. Stick it out and hire an attorney, worked out for me.
Thanks for the reply, I live in Louisiana and our lemon law sucks. I need to find a lawyer who handles lemon laws for my state. I have a feeling they will not be able to fix my truck or they will try to cheap out and not replace the carpet. If anyone knows of a lemon law lawyer in Louisiana please let me know. Thanks!

immersivenc

Reaction score
https://www.dmv.org/la-louisiana/automotive-law/lemon-law.php

Here are some guidelines for qualification in LA. Looks like 4 repair attempts or 45 days out of service. The 4 attempts is the same as here in NC, the 45 days is a little longer than we have here.

Also, make sure you save all repair documents and make sure they clearly spell out the issues and what the dealership tries to do to fix the issues. If they play any games, demand the repair orders as they are required to provide them to you.

geosh2018

Reaction score
https://www.dmv.org/la-louisiana/automotive-law/lemon-law.php

Here are some guidelines for qualification in LA. Looks like 4 repair attempts or 45 days out of service. The 4 attempts is the same as here in NC, the 45 days is a little longer than we have here.

Also, make sure you save all repair documents and make sure they clearly spell out the issues and what the dealership tries to do to fix the issues. If they play any games, demand the repair orders as they are required to provide them to you.

Thanks for the information, I am going to another situation with a new Honda Accord we are leasing. (The new accord dies in the rain while accelerating onto the interstate occasionally.) It is a similar situation the Ford Ecoboost engines had with their turbocharged engines and moisture. Both my Ram and Honda are both new year models.
I swear when it rains it literally pours into my Ram! HA! Thanks again for the information. I'll keep you guys posted on what the outcome is.

geosh2018

Reaction score
Do you have a pano roof?

Yes, I have to pano roof. I read on here I'm not the only one having these issues. Apparently, there are some holes not sealed at the factory. I haven't read too deeply into the posts yet but about to start digging in.

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, I have to pano roof. I read on here I'm not the only one having these issues. Apparently, there are some holes not sealed at the factory. I haven't read too deeply into the posts yet but about to start digging in.

I haven't had my coffee yet, but I believe it's something about, the drain tubes by the bed are not connected. Apparently a somewhat common issue with the panoroof that once fixed, it's fixed?

But I guess I'd be pissed enough to say, "There better not be f**king mold under my f**king carpets in my $60,000 truck."

Jordan2929

Reaction score
This is a very simple fix for the dealer. One of your drain tubes for the sunroof is not seated correctly or fell out, I even think some people on here have fixed it themselves.

Rear drain tube:
https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:e49ca41d-5f81-4d2c-8856-22a926c7dafe

Front drain tube:
https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:b687e9a9-922c-499d-a1ee-e37198028b9e

Note that these are not instructions on how to fix the leak but rather guidlines to show you where the drain tubes are ran. If you look under the hood on the firewall on the passenger side you will see where the front drain tube dumps, it seems like that could be the one that has failed in your truck.

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Look down between the cab and bed, you should see these tubes sticking slightly out of grommets sitting flat against the sides. If your grommets look different water will get by them.
C472BDAC-1B74-4875-92AE-A4C4904EE970.jpeg A847A303-DD43-4B2E-BC3D-EAB141396149.jpeg

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is a very simple fix for the dealer. One of your drain tubes for the sunroof is not seated correctly or fell out, I even think some people on here have fixed it themselves.

Rear drain tube:
https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:e49ca41d-5f81-4d2c-8856-22a926c7dafe

Front drain tube:
https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:b687e9a9-922c-499d-a1ee-e37198028b9e

Note that these are not instructions on how to fix the leak but rather guidlines to show you where the drain tubes are ran. If you look under the hood on the firewall on the passenger side you will see where the front drain tube dumps, it seems like that could be the one that has failed in your truck.

I really don't think it is your front tube grommets not being sealed as they are a much harder plastic than the rear. Easy to check on them. Just open each front door and lift up the corrugated door electrical conduit and you should see them. This photo is the passenger side and you can see the white drain hose just to the left of the ends of my fingers.
20181103_151803.jpg

geosh2018

Reaction score
I really don't think it is your front tube grommets not being sealed as they are a much harder plastic than the rear. Easy to check on them. Just open each front door and lift up the corrugated door electrical conduit and you should see them. This photo is the passenger side and you can see the white drain hose just to the left of the ends of my fingers.
View attachment 7533

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wouldn't care how easy the fix is. I would want everything wet replaced. Get ready to fight this is bs and a continuous problem on this forum with this 2019 truck

Jordan2929

Reaction score
He could just let it dry out and see if the floor smells, but I guess this has escalated to an “end of the world” type problem

geosh2018

Reaction score
He could just let it dry out and see if the floor smells, but I guess this has escalated to an “end of the world” type problem

I didn't buy a $65,000 truck to have it smell like a wet dog. Perhaps you don't mind being inconvenienced by having to rent a car and pay a truck note at the same time? I think having water standing in your floorboard constitutes being pissed off.

Last edited:

geosh2018

Reaction score
Update: I found a Ford/Ram dealership and traded my awesome looking 2019 Ram Limited in for a 2018 Ford F-150 Platinum. I told them the issue and how unhappy I was and the guy at the Ford dealership just smiled. I lost a couple thousand dollars on the deal but went back to Ford.
I am very disappointed in my local Ram dealerships service departments. Very unhelpful and could careless. They told me to bring my truck to them and when I almost got there they called and said never mind we can't look at it today! I asked can I have a loaner and she replies, no we don't do loaners.

I'll miss my Ram for sure but until they get the kinks worked out of them I'll stay with Ford. I had a 2013 Ram and it was a great truck. I guess you can buy a lemon in any brand.
Oh, and before I traded it in my windshield wipers started wiping on a clear day and the passenger seat wouldn't move. Just FYI folks, get those leaks fixed asap! I caught mine too late unfortunately.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I didn't buy a $65,000 truck to have it smell like a wet dog. Perhaps you don't mind being inconvenienced by having to rent a car and pay a truck note at the same time? I think having water standing in your floorboard constitutes being pissed off.
I think if he wanted a water salvaged truck he could have got one for less then 10k instead he bought a 60k truck in new condition. I would expect a new truck regardless of the price not to have a flaw like this and to me is more then a flaw. Also, under warranty it should be fixed that's why we have warranties. Why should the consumer suffer and just have to deal with this? No one said its the end of the world as you stated but it should be fixed correctly not dried out thats ridiculous lol this isn't a 10yr old rusted truck

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Update: I found a Ford/Ram dealership and traded my awesome looking 2019 Ram Limited in for a 2018 Ford F-150 Platinum. I told them the issue and how unhappy I was and the guy at the Ford dealership just smiled. I lost a couple thousand dollars on the deal but went back to Ford.
I am very disappointed in my local Ram dealerships service departments. Very unhelpful and could careless. They told me to bring my truck to them and when I almost got there they called and said never mind we can't look at it today! I asked can I have a loaner and she replies, no we don't do loaners.

I'll miss my Ram for sure but until they get the kinks worked out of them I'll stay with Ford. I had a 2013 Ram and it was a great truck. I guess you can buy a lemon in any brand.
Oh, and before I traded it in my windshield wipers started wiping on a clear day and the passenger seat wouldn't move. Just FYI folks, get those leaks fixed asap! I caught mine too late unfortunately.
I don't blame you one bit. My 2019 Ram is getting sold ASAP when ever I get this thing back. My power steering has failed and been at the dealership since 10/20/2018 and is still there. Truck has 2k miles on it and already having serious issues. I been driving around a Jeep Compass for a rental car for weeks that sounds like a lawn mower.

Jordan2929

Reaction score
“May your carpet get wet and your electronics short out” Thanks! You have a lot of negativity towards the wrong person.

Users who are viewing this thread