5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Under Water

geosh2018

Reaction score
I don't blame you one bit. My 2019 Ram is getting sold ASAP when ever I get this thing back. My power steering has failed and been at the dealership since 10/20/2018 and is still there. Truck has 2k miles on it and already having serious issues. I been driving around a Jeep Compass for a rental car for weeks that sounds like a lawn mower.
That's no good. I mean we should have known better to buy a new model year, but you live and learn right? Hopefully they get yours fixed soon, don't forget about the good ole lemon law. Here in Louisiana the lemon law is horrible. That's why I just traded before it hits KBB.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's no good. I mean we should have known better to buy a new model year, but you live and learn right? Hopefully they get yours fixed soon, don't forget about the good ole lemon law. Here in Louisiana the lemon law is horrible. That's why I just traded before it hits KBB.
I know lemon law too well. My 2017 Ram was a lemon and they gave me my 2019 Ram which now is turning into a lemon

immersivenc

Reaction score
I don't blame you one bit. My 2019 Ram is getting sold ASAP when ever I get this thing back. My power steering has failed and been at the dealership since 10/20/2018 and is still there. Truck has 2k miles on it and already having serious issues. I been driving around a Jeep Compass for a rental car for weeks that sounds like a lawn mower.

Curious if you’re considering the Lemon Law route again if you end up meeting the qualifications or if you’ll just trade it to save what patience you may have left with the issues.

A lot of us have really tried to make these trucks work. I remember how excited I was when I ordered. The love affair was short lived!

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Curious if you’re considering the Lemon Law route again if you end up meeting the qualifications or if you’ll just trade it to save what patience you may have left with the issues.

A lot of us have really tried to make these trucks work. I remember how excited I was when I ordered. The love affair was short lived!
Not sure yet hoping just to trade it in but if I am going to lose my A** then ill go lemon

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
We have a winner! (that’s bad, for the record;))

Magic3332

Reaction score
this is how they shouldn't look.....Drain tubes between cab and bed.....right and left side.

Attachments

• drain 1.jpg
    drain 1.jpg
    833.5 KB · Views: 147
  • drain 2.jpg
    drain 2.jpg
    777.8 KB · Views: 148
  • drain 3.jpg
    drain 3.jpg
    965.5 KB · Views: 150
  • drain 4.jpg
    drain 4.jpg
    860.6 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:

Magic3332

Reaction score
this is how they shouldn't look.....my drivers side floor is soaking wet. like pour a gallon of water on the floor WET. Truck is at the dealer now while they try to find the leak. Guy I showed these to said he didn't even know they were there.....leaves me with great confidence.

I'm also blessed with the "Clunk" noise in the front end.......lucky me!

Last edited:

Bhbdvm

Reaction score
Update: I found a Ford/Ram dealership and traded my awesome looking 2019 Ram Limited in for a 2018 Ford F-150 Platinum. I told them the issue and how unhappy I was and the guy at the Ford dealership just smiled. I lost a couple thousand dollars on the deal but went back to Ford.
I am very disappointed in my local Ram dealerships service departments. Very unhelpful and could careless. They told me to bring my truck to them and when I almost got there they called and said never mind we can't look at it today! I asked can I have a loaner and she replies, no we don't do loaners.

I'll miss my Ram for sure but until they get the kinks worked out of them I'll stay with Ford. I had a 2013 Ram and it was a great truck. I guess you can buy a lemon in any brand.
Oh, and before I traded it in my windshield wipers started wiping on a clear day and the passenger seat wouldn't move. Just FYI folks, get those leaks fixed asap! I caught mine too late unfortunately.
FYI, I have a 2017 Ford Super Duty with the pano sunroof. I almost didn't get the pano because if you read Ford's Forums you'll see the same problem with their sunroofs leaking as you have described. Many people on the forum strongly recommended not getting the pano for the same reason - clogged or dislodged drain tubes. Having said that, my pano has performed flawlessly and I have ordered one with my 2019 Ram. Seems like your frustration is exacerbated by a poor dealership response.

Magic3332

Reaction score
I haven't had my coffee yet, but I believe it's something about, the drain tubes by the bed are not connected. Apparently a somewhat common issue with the panoroof that once fixed, it's fixed?

But I guess I'd be pissed enough to say, "There better not be f**king mold under my f**king carpets in my $60,000 truck."
DRAIN TUBES were fixed and my truck is still leaking and they still have my truck trying to find and fix it. $65K TRUCK and they are tearing the complete insides out of it after only 2,300 miles.

Magic3332

Reaction score
this is how they shouldn't look.....my drivers side floor is soaking wet. like pour a gallon of water on the floor WET. Truck is at the dealer now while they try to find the leak. Guy I showed these to said he didn't even know they were there.....leaves me with great confidence.

I'm also blessed with the "Clunk" noise in the front end.......lucky me!

UPDATE:

DRAIN TUBES were fixed and my truck is still leaking and they still have my truck trying to find and fix it. $65K TRUCK and they are tearing the complete insides out of it after only 2,300 miles.

immersivenc

Reaction score
UPDATE:

Hire an attorney

Magic3332

Reaction score
This is a very simple fix for the dealer. One of your drain tubes for the sunroof is not seated correctly or fell out, I even think some people on here have fixed it themselves.

Rear drain tube:
https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:e49ca41d-5f81-4d2c-8856-22a926c7dafe

Front drain tube:
https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:b687e9a9-922c-499d-a1ee-e37198028b9e

Note that these are not instructions on how to fix the leak but rather guidlines to show you where the drain tubes are ran. If you look under the hood on the firewall on the passenger side you will see where the front drain tube dumps, it seems like that could be the one that has failed in your truck.

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
FYI, I have a 2017 Ford Super Duty with the pano sunroof. I almost didn't get the pano because if you read Ford's Forums you'll see the same problem with their sunroofs leaking as you have described. Many people on the forum strongly recommended not getting the pano for the same reason - clogged or dislodged drain tubes. Having said that, my pano has performed flawlessly and I have ordered one with my 2019 Ram. Seems like your frustration is exacerbated by a poor dealership response.

Exactly. My 2016 F150 had no issues with the pano roof leaking and neither does the one in my Ram. I do remember many threads on the F150 forum with this same exact complaint.

tonyplants

Reaction score
This is a very simple fix for the dealer. One of your drain tubes for the sunroof is not seated correctly or fell out, I even think some people on here have fixed it themselves.

Rear drain tube:
https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:e49ca41d-5f81-4d2c-8856-22a926c7dafe

Front drain tube:
https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:b687e9a9-922c-499d-a1ee-e37198028b9e

Note that these are not instructions on how to fix the leak but rather guidlines to show you where the drain tubes are ran. If you look under the hood on the firewall on the passenger side you will see where the front drain tube dumps, it seems like that could be the one that has failed in your truck.
Jordan, do you know what the drain tube is coming out of the rear driver's side cab? The rear document you uploaded would lead me to believe the rear tube is only on passenger side. I just discovered my carpet is wet on floor around the storage box.

Jordan2929

Reaction score
Jordan, do you know what the drain tube is coming out of the rear driver's side cab? The rear document you uploaded would lead me to believe the rear tube is only on passenger side. I just discovered my carpet is wet on floor around the storage box.
I should have been more clear, there is a drain tube on both sides. The documentation only shows one side for some reason.

tjthomps5629

Reaction score

Rear drain tube:

Front drain tube:

Do you know what the fix is? I have one rear drain tube not seated, if its an easy fix I would prefer to repair it myself in 5 minutes rather than waste an hour at the dealer.

tjthomps5629

Reaction score
Do you know what the fix is? I have one rear drain tube not seated, if its an easy fix I would prefer to repair it myself in 5 minutes rather than waste an hour at the dealer.

I went back out and looked again. This time I crawled under the truck and I could see it much better. It was as simple as reaching up and gently working the rubber seal back into place. I did notice an inspection mark on it, makes me wonder if its working itself out somehow. I will keep checking them periodically to see if it pops back out.

WKH

Reaction score
This thread is scaring @&$? Out of me. Ha. I checked rear drain tubes and 1 was out and other wasn’t in properly. Hope that keeps truck dry. Reading this post making sick about pano roof.

Reaction score
My tube on the back passenger side is out and the grommet is just as pictured in this thread. Going to try to fix it myself tonight by reaching up there. Haven't noticed any water yet though.

Users who are viewing this thread