5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Umm, heads up

Status
Not open for further replies.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You have to use my own joke as a chirp? Come on guy. Now you're just being lazy.

You ordered a truck during the Golden age of obvious **** being included. Then you want to act like it's my oversight when my 3rd 5th gen randomly changed the standard equipment list.

Don't you have groceries to go pick up with that 2wd toy you own? Put that truck bed to use.

I don't have a transgender ken doll truck though and my truck didn't come with a bed, I missed the check box :ROFLMAO:

Look at that big beautiful black hitch

20231129_082321.jpg

Look at it, would you just look at it! You know you want that big hitch energy in your life! 😂

Last edited:

barrak

Reaction score
I don't have a transgender ken doll truck though and my truck didn't come with a bed, I missed the check box :ROFLMAO:

Look at that big beautiful black hitch

View attachment 171818

Look at it, would you just look at it! You know you want that big hitch energy in your life! 😂

You're slipping Man. Soon you'll need as much therapy as this guy.

jeep-rear-bumper-with-hitch-2x.jpg

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The issue I have is we aren't talking about the foam cup holder in the door they've eliminated in most models. Or the fact that they've cheaped out and put incandescent bulbs in the map and dome lights, but kept the LED footwear lighting.

I must be over compensating for something..... I've got a hitch AND 3.92 gearing 🤣
Now if you had the 33 gal tank, I’d really be worried.

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
And I highly doubt the price was lowered any to account for this newly optional chunk of metal.

No, but they may not have increased the base price as much as they would have if they continued to include the hitch. The 2022 Laramie had fender flares, the 2023 Laramie does not.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Really cool thing. The option guide they put out each year.

We dealt with this so many times over the years

Tow hitch, tow mirrors, heck some guys didn't even know what bed sizes were available.

Get home, won't fit in the garage, ***** about RAM sucking, someone asks why didn't you get the 5'7" bed. Or the opposite, someone says, don't know why they got to make these small beds...well,you could of got a 6'4" bed.

But I love America. Someone makes a mistake and it is someone elses fault.

Old farmers with their 2wd trucks out in the field and going to town in the winter...yeah they didn't need 4wd to use a truck.

Boy do I Dislike truck owners these days.

Drive the prices of them up...never even use them.

Good times!

As mentioned. RAM dropped a lot of formerly standard things. To drop the base price. But, if you pick the right option package...it can all be added back pretty cheap.

Hell, one reason I haven't got a new HeftyDuty is they dropped the rear floor bins on a Tradesman. So, I just keep my 4th Gen that had them standard.

Put a damn hitch on it already and tow with it...your wasting your own damn time...🛻

Forgot about the trailer brake controller...oh the horror when it isn't there...it was supposed to be there...hahaha

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
As mentioned. RAM dropped a lot of formerly standard things. To drop the base price. But, if you pick the right option package...it can all be added back pretty cheap.
I'm waiting to see this "drop the base price" thing you are talking about.
MSRP increases by thousands every few months.

This is the case of paying more for less and being happy with it.
It's stupid as hell the truck doesn't come with ANY hitch. OP should of checked to make sure, but that is a really silly thing to need to check for.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dumb that it’s not included..yes but I also understand that not everyone uses their hitch. I blame the buyer if you do a walk around the truck and not notice the lack of a hitch then thats on you it’s pretty obvious. We forget about the supply storage that occurred not to long ago.. maybe the hitch not being included standard had something to do with that.

I fail to see how ranting to the forum is going to magically have the receiver appear. Just take the L spend a few hundred and get one installed if you need one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BowDown

Reaction score
Dumb that it’s not included..yes but I also understand that not everyone uses their hitch. I blame the buyer if you do a walk around the truck and not notice the lack of a hitch then thats on you it’s pretty obvious. We forget about the supply storage that occurred not to long ago.. maybe the hitch not being included standard had something to do with that.

I fail to see how ranting to the forum is going to magically have the receiver appear. Just take the L spend a few hundred and get one installed if you need one.

Exactly.
This is one of those purchases that you triple check items multiple times. I can't count the times I went over the window sticker making sure what I wanted wax there.

You may be right about supply chain, many standard features are now optional until higher trims.

Definitely agree on the last paragraph but we see that time and time again.

6of36

Reaction score
I can't even read all the posts, so I skipped to the end. Just to say, if you didn't get the hitch, trailer lights won't work either. Settings have to be changed, to activate them.

dyeguy1212

Reaction score
Exactly.
This is one of those purchases that you triple check items multiple times. I can't count the times I went over the window sticker making sure what I wanted wax there.

You may be right about supply chain, many standard features are now optional until higher trims.

Definitely agree on the last paragraph but we see that time and time again.

How would that help? The window sticker obviously didn't say a hitch was included.

God you're stupid.

dyeguy1212

Reaction score

The title is literally "heads up". Sorry if my "heed my warning" didn't have the right tone for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread