5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Umm, heads up

Status
Not open for further replies.

dyeguy1212

Reaction score
2023 Rebel straight up doesnt have a hitch receiver.

I didn't add a tow package, because I thought that was a higher-class receiver. Nope. Just don't plan to tow with your $70k truck!

As a consolation prize, it does have the fullsize crossbar under the bumper, so you can attach a ball through the bumper like a truck from 1985.

Lmfao.

dyeguy1212

Reaction score
Want one, just don't want to pay (more) for one lol

I'm genuinely surprised, as the bumper reinforcement is 95% of a hitch receiver, it just doesnt have the 2" box on the bottom. Could this company possibly cheap out any harder? Sort of embarrassed to drive this thing.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You don't need the tow package, there's an option to just add the hitch. Not everyone needs a tow hitch, why pay for something you wont use?

Last edited:

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Want one, just don't want to pay (more) for one lol

I'm genuinely surprised, as the bumper reinforcement is 95% of a hitch receiver, it just doesnt have the 2" box on the bottom. Could this company possibly cheap out any harder? Sort of embarrassed to drive this thing.
You want to tow, but you don't want to pay for it while expecting Ram to pay for it? You can still tow, it's just not the max amount due to being a class 3 if I'm not mistaken. You're maxed at 5000 pounds.

Class 4 receiver if you want it: Ram 1500 Hitch. Trailer. [class iv receiver hitch] - 68240557AD | Myrtle Beach SC

dyeguy1212

Reaction score
You don't need the tow package, there's an option to just add the hitch. Not everyone needs a tow hitch, why pay for something you wont use?
Idk, maybe because a cheap *** big horn comes with a class 3.

Who the **** is putting a ball on a 2" lifted truck bumper amd towing? That's laughable.

dyeguy1212

Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:

Dewey

Reaction score
I saw that a receiver hitch now needs to be added in a build. Seems ridiculous for a truck since many SUV’s currently have them included. My wife’s new Traverse has one hidden behind a trim cover.

Just another way they remove things to make a bit more money. You have every right to be pissed off. Easy enough mistake to make especially if you special order and don’t know it was eliminated.

BowDown

Reaction score
Your 2020 came with a receiver from the factory. I had a 2020 rebel. No additional options, receiver included.

I paid 70k to tow, get bent.
You could have bought a 30K truck and not received a receiver, that's on you and the price has zero to do with this and everything to do with you not checking a box

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mmmm Ram, rip me off harder daddy!

What's laughable is that comment coming from a guy with a truck from the era of free hitch receivers.

Back in the day, rebels came with a class 3, and you could upgrade to a class 4. Eff me for not realizing that changed.

Even my 22 big horn came with a hitch. It's okay, you can admit it's silly a 1500 truck doesn't come with a hitch. Even a WT trim chevy would..
The hitch has to be added, if you ordered a custom truck knowing you needed a hitch then.... its on you and your sales team.

BowDown

Reaction score
I saw that a receiver hitch now needs to be added in a build. Seems ridiculous for a truck since many SUV’s currently have them included. My wife’s new Traverse has one hidden behind a trim cover.

Just another way they remove things to make a bit more money. You have every right to be pissed off. Easy enough mistake to make especially if you special order and don’t know it was eliminated.

Wait….. all trucks don’t just come with receivers? I’d be pissed about that too.
Wtf is the point? That’s like having to pay extra for a bed

Trucks dont come with a V8 either

dyeguy1212

Reaction score

Yeah, past rebels CAME WITH A CLASS 3 RECEIVER, and you could upgrade to a class 4. **** me for not knowing it now meant no hitch.

I knew what I was in for when I posted it, but deep down the trolls know any 1500 truck should come with a hitch receiver. It's okay.

It's fine, if I drove an older 2wd truck, I'd be throwing stones too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread