5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect software

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
The dealer should just do a warranty replacement and do what's right...that would be great customer service!

smiles5619

Reaction score
I purchased a 2020 Ram limited 3 months ago. Shortly after I bought it I went to use the NAV system on the 12" screen and it froze up every few min for about 3 or 4 min . On and off kept freezing and coming back. Needless to say it makes the NAV system useless. I also noticed the phone drops every call after about 5 or 6 min of talking. I brought it to the dealer 4 times over the last few months and they could not fix the problem. Finally they told me there is a software update due out and I just have to wait. so I have a usless NAV system and I drop every bluetooth call after a few min and there is no fix yet - just waiting. I bought this truck in large part due to the screen and I wanted to use the NAV system a lot instead of my phone! Very disappointed in this system and RAM - I will give it a couple weeks and then I contacting a warrenty attorney -enlosed is a video I took of my system and exactly what it does (or does not do!)

Sorry to say you will be waiting awhile. I purchased my 2019 ram in March 2019 with a 12 inch Uconnect and the dealership and FCA have all been spewing the same song and dance. They said it was October, then November and then December! Yet here we are....

Last edited:

Catdaddy

Reaction score
My 2019 Rebel is having the issue of rebooting every 4 minutes, has anyone got any insight on getting this fixed in an efficient manner? I'm scheduled to take my truck in next week to get it looked at, but I don't want to do the song and dance.

It seems the only fix is a "lucky" update from the dealer or just a replacement infotainment system?

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
My 2019 Rebel is having the issue of rebooting every 4 minutes, has anyone got any insight on getting this fixed in an efficient manner? I'm scheduled to take my truck in next week to get it looked at, but I don't want to do the song and dance.

It seems the only fix is a "lucky" update from the dealer or just a replacement infotainment system?
Try pulling the fuse so the unit is completely powered down. Let it sit for an hour and plug the fuse back in. That should get it to do a hard reboot. Worth a shot.

Bram2019

Reaction score

which radio

Users who are viewing this thread