5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UConnect/SiriusXM Guardian

Pwreich

Reaction score
Have you called them? I’m calling today...I don’t think my issues are the truck, but rather and account issue. No app access. Frustrating nevertheless.
IMG_1687 (2).jpg
I just came from the Dealer. The Service manager showed me the on his computer where the problem is recognized and has been found to be a software issue. They are working on a patch, no ETA. I took a picture of his screen and attached it here. I can't find any mention of it on line anywhere.

Laramiepete

Reaction score
That's good work Pwreich! I will need to keep up on this. Hope they have it solved by next winter.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
View attachment 30273
I just came from the Dealer. The Service manager showed me the on his computer where the problem is recognized and has been found to be a software issue. They are working on a patch, no ETA. I took a picture of his screen and attached it here. I can't find any mention of it on line anywhere.
I told the Uconnect folks its software related a million times over the past 7/8 months while mine wasn't working. Fell on deaf ears so FCA replaced the radio. Fortunately, it's working but I could have had my truck instead of being without it for weeks while they tried to diagnose the issue and determine a course of action.

Swordfish

Reaction score
View attachment 30273
So for all of us who have a one year free trial and it never worked, we should receive a new years worth of free trial. Mine has never worked properly so I will not be buying it when it expires.

Neokane

Reaction score
I have similar issues with my uconnect.

First it doens't show vehicle information (which I believe it should) and remote commands are intermittent.

Mannyman

Reaction score
Hey guys, new to the forum. I came across this forum after searching online about my uconnect issue. Anyways, it is now 9/16/19 and i have been having this same issue since i purchased the truck in 12/18. As someone else recently posted a letter from FCA saying its an issue they are aware of and will be fixing it. It has been at the dealer 4 times now for this reason along with a brake squeak. This "software update" they say they are working on... does it really take year to update this issue? I ended up getting free max care extended warranty for this problem and its still not fixed. I am unable to lock, unlock, remote start my truck along with using vehicle locator. My question is has anyone seen this update yet and has it fixed the issue? I am still waiting.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey guys, new to the forum. I came across this forum after searching online about my uconnect issue. Anyways, it is now 9/16/19 and i have been having this same issue since i purchased the truck in 12/18. As someone else recently posted a letter from FCA saying its an issue they are aware of and will be fixing it. It has been at the dealer 4 times now for this reason along with a brake squeak. This "software update" they say they are working on... does it really take year to update this issue? I ended up getting free max care extended warranty for this problem and its still not fixed. I am unable to lock, unlock, remote start my truck along with using vehicle locator. My question is has anyone seen this update yet and has it fixed the issue? I am still waiting.
Welcome. Unfortunately, FCA has no clue what they are doing with regard to the Uconnect remote command issue. I experienced it for eight months when I first got my truck and they didn’t know how to resolve it. I believed it was a Sirius issue but they are incompetent too so nothing got resolved. After months of pushing FCA to do something they finally swapped my radio head unit. The commands worked for a few days then crapped out again along with a few other things radio related. I called Sirius three days straight complaining about it as I firmly believed it was an issue on their end and magically one day everything started working again. That was over three months ago and all has been well. No hardware swap...so that seems to confirm my original theory that it’s a Sirius issue. Hopefully, the FCA update will resolve the problem for you.

Laramiepete

Reaction score
Mine is still not working and Sirius is pushing for me to re-up their service LOL!! I wouldn't pay a dime for Sirius! If anything they owe me for all the wasted time and effort I put in trying to solve their problems.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine is still not working and Sirius is pushing for me to re-up their service LOL!! I wouldn't pay a dime for Sirius! If anything they owe me for all the wasted time and effort I put in trying to solve their problems.
I went through the same thing. Every time I called they pushed to renew Sirius and Guardian. I said get it to work properly first. I ended up getting some comps so I can at least assess the service. Unreal.

SLC

Reaction score
My UConnect, SOS, Assist and GPS/Nav functions stopped working two weeks ago, dealer says manufacturer won’t allow them to replace radio, Ram Care states it is a software issue with no ETA on fix and based on this thread dating back over a year, dosent appear fix is important to FCA. not sure what to do, like the truck but these features were expensive and FCA is ignoring their warranty obligations. Tell all your friends what to expect if thy buy an FCA product. I will try some of these suggestions and If I find a fix, will post. Thanks to all

Justin232

Reaction score
I’d love to talk to someone about this. I just got my truck back from the dealer after it being there for 2 weeks for this issue. Picked up my truck today and no fix. Bringing it to another dealer Wednesday night. The dealership I had it at was ignoring the engineers through the star case and they closed the case.

Justin232

Reaction score
Much easier to explain what I found out today if someone would like to private message me for my phone number. Thanks guys!

BoOdOg

Reaction score
This is a random question but I noticed my brothers jeep srt8 uconnect app responds much quicker than mine. I noticed in his app his jeep is displayed correctly (color of jeep matches color of photo). My 2020 ram 1500 isn't white truck and red display in app. Is this just a default picture in the app or does everyone else's display ok?

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Hmm. Mine has always displayed the correct color (silver).

BoOdOg

Reaction score
so 2020 ram 1500 having issues, i've contacted Sirus Guardian once and spent like 30min on phone and they got it working. Lasted for a couple days then errors. Couple things I noticed during their troubleshooting they asked me to hit the SOS and tell them this is a test. The person couldn't hear me. I've had that a couple times from my bluetooth pairing and now during this test.

12" screen version: 18.45.40
App version: 3.3.5 (Iphone 11 Pro)

The other thing I noticed maybe it's just the app can't find anyone else with one to confirm is my truck is white, in the app it's burgundy.

Loyal Ram

Reaction score
I talked to Uconnect or Sirius last week and they had me do a radio reset which wiped all my data, then try to reactivate it. The re-activation failed, saying that I already had an account with that vin#. After that they gave up and said it must be the radio and that I should go see the dealer. I just had my HK amp flashed and it sounds so much better I don't think I want to mess with it right now. Other than the remote features like "start" and "locator" everything else is good.
What do you mean by having your HK amp flashed ?

Loyal Ram

Reaction score
Did the dealer do it and what did you tell them to get it done

Laramiepete

Reaction score
Did the dealer do it and what did you tell them to get it done
There is a TSB for it. It was a long time ago. I had mine done in Nov 2018. Depending on your build date it may or may not be available for your truck. Look in the TSB section of the forum, it should be in there.

Users who are viewing this thread