5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UConnect/SiriusXM Guardian

chadstout

Reaction score
Anyone else have issues when the SiriusXM Guardian services start flaking out after so many hours of inactivity?? Seems like after 24 hours, I get nothing but failures...

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Have you called them? I’m calling today...I don’t think my issues are the truck, but rather and account issue. No app access. Frustrating nevertheless.

Laramiepete

Reaction score
Same here! It seems like the system goes to sleep and will not respond after about 2 hr after I shut it off. Makes the whole remote start from distance useless.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm using the Uconnect app since the Guardian app didn't work for me. I start my truck every morning with it and at the end of the day because it's on the other side of a big jobsite.

Works perfectly for over a week now.

Laramiepete

Reaction score
I talked to Uconnect or Sirius last week and they had me do a radio reset which wiped all my data, then try to reactivate it. The re-activation failed, saying that I already had an account with that vin#. After that they gave up and said it must be the radio and that I should go see the dealer. I just had my HK amp flashed and it sounds so much better I don't think I want to mess with it right now. Other than the remote features like "start" and "locator" everything else is good.

Laramiepete

Reaction score
Pulled the negative cable and let it set for 1/2 hour. When I hooked it back up and started the car, the Sirius was not there and the screen looked completely different. After another 1/2 hour restarted and Sirius was back and even had my channels still programed. Tried a remote start it worked, let the truck sit for an hour tried remote start it failed. So the system that looks for a signal from Sirius is going to sleep or off line when the truck sits for an hour or more. I don't know if its the radio or just the telematic module. On the bright side FCA will have a hard time spying on my driving habits and whereabouts. LOL

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Anyone else have issues when the SiriusXM Guardian services start flaking out after so many hours of inactivity?? Seems like after 24 hours, I get nothing but failures...
Not sure about Android or which platform you're in, but XM released an update on their iOS app yesterday. You may want to check it out and see if it fixes these issues.

Cheers,

Laramiepete

Reaction score
Well I guess I'm going to have to take this in to the dealer. I re-tried clearing all my data, then called to get re-activated. Sirius told me that I was already activated even tho my truck said it was not. Remote services work for upto 10 minutes from when I shut the truck off, after that neither the app or the Mopar website will work. It has to be something in the truck itself that goes to sleep and will not receive a signal. Im bummed.

TrackDay

Reaction score
My new 19 I just got last week also seems to turn something off after it sits for a few hours. Neither the app or the Mopar web site work after that. A short time after the truck has run both work.
I now have an open case with Uconnect.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My new 19 I just got last week also seems to turn something off after it sits for a few hours. Neither the app or the Mopar web site work after that. A short time after the truck has run both work.
I now have an open case with Uconnect.
It's totally software related and they havent come up with a fix. Uconnect customer service is useless. They will say contact Mopar or take it to the dealer. The dealer wont be able to do anything so you're right back to where you started with intermittent behavior. Imagine paying for this POS feature?

Laramiepete

Reaction score
We have to keep the pressure up. I call Sirius and uconnect about once a week just to reiterate the problem I'm having and make them noted in my file.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
We have to keep the pressure up. I call Sirius and uconnect about once a week just to reiterate the problem I'm having and make them noted in my file.
Never thought about the documentation aspect and asking for an extension. Good idea.

SSR

Reaction score
I've had this problem w/ my 2019 RAM since I bought it last year.
From what I've gathered it seems to be an issue specific to the 12" Uconnect system.

Anyone have any luck with calling support or going to the dealer?

Laramiepete

Reaction score
I've had this problem w/ my 2019 RAM since I bought it last year.
From what I've gathered it seems to be an issue specific to the 12" Uconnect system.

Anyone have any luck with calling support or going to the dealer?
I've had the same problem from October 2018 with the 8.4 system and so have some others. I don't think it is just the 12" system.

Swordfish

Reaction score
I have this same issue. I have called Sirius multiple times. They always have me go out to the truck and select SOS and tell the operator this is a test. Everything works great for about an hour. After that the app has no idea where my truck is. If you select the "Send & Go" app in your truck, it seems to wake the system up. I can then send locations from my phone to the truck and perform all remote functions, again, for about an hour only. For this reason, I am believing it is something in the firmware in our truck as it is allowing the system to go to sleep. (Power saving??)

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have this same issue. I have called Sirius multiple times. They always have me go out to the truck and select SOS and tell the operator this is a test. Everything works great for about an hour. After that the app has no idea where my truck is. If you select the "Send & Go" app in your truck, it seems to wake the system up. I can then send locations from my phone to the truck and perform all remote functions, again, for about an hour only. For this reason, I am believing it is something in the firmware in our truck as it is allowing the system to go to sleep. (Power saving??)
Interesting. I never tried any of the remote commands after using send and go. I'm going to give that a try. I would have to think that if that wakes the system up and it has to be software-related and not defective telematics module. I'll give mine a try and let you know if I experienced the same results.

Swordfish

Reaction score
Interesting. I never tried any of the remote commands after using send and go. I'm going to give that a try. I would have to think that if that wakes the system up and it has to be software-related and not defective telematics module. I'll give mine a try and let you know if I experienced the same results.
So I just went over to the mall. Tried to do a remote start and it failed. Drove over to the mall and before I shut down the truck, I opened the Send & Go app. As I was walking from my truck, I tried to locate it, found it fairly quickly. Spent about 15 minutes in the mall and before I came out, tried the remote start. Worked perfectly. Came home and parked my truck. After one hour I tried to locate it and it failed. Tried to do a remote start and it failed. It is obviously going to sleep.

Swordfish

Reaction score
I found this in user manual:

Other Uconnect services will only be operable if your SiriusXM Guardian service is active and you are connected to an operable LTE(voice/data)or4G (data) network.

If it uses LTE in order to connect to Sirius, how does the truck know which network to make its home network??

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I found this in user manual:

Other Uconnect services will only be operable if your SiriusXM Guardian service is active and you are connected to an operable LTE(voice/data)or4G (data) network.

If it uses LTE in order to connect to Sirius, how does the truck know which network to make its home network??
My truck has been sitting all day. I just sent an address using send and go. It was successful. I then tried locate and remote commands and all each command did was keep spinning with no result. Normally, I would just get a fail. Obviously, the send and go has some affect as each command keeps spinning and I'm not getting a fail.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I just went over to the mall. Tried to do a remote start and it failed. Drove over to the mall and before I shut down the truck, I opened the Send & Go app. As I was walking from my truck, I tried to locate it, found it fairly quickly. Spent about 15 minutes in the mall and before I came out, tried the remote start. Worked perfectly. Came home and parked my truck. After one hour I tried to locate it and it failed. Tried to do a remote start and it failed. It is obviously going to sleep.
Update. I just tried the send and go experiment again and got fails for all remote commands.i guess the truck stays asleep until its started.

Users who are viewing this thread