5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UConnect/SiriusXM Guardian

Swordfish

Reaction score
Update. I just tried the send and go experiment again and got fails for all remote commands.i guess the truck stays asleep until its started.
You have to start the send & go app in your truck, not on the phone.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You have to start the send & go app in your truck, not on the phone.
Sorry for sounding stupid but not sure what you mean? I normally use the send and go remotely and when I get in the truck it's there to begin navigating. If you are already in the truck isn't it running or the power on? Wouldn't that be the same as using the remote commands after the truck has been running? Pardon my confusion just not clear on what you mean.

Swordfish

Reaction score
Sorry for sounding stupid but not sure what you mean? I normally use the send and go remotely and when I get in the truck it's there to begin navigating. If you are already in the truck isn't it running or the power on? Wouldn't that be the same as using the remote commands after the truck has been running? Pardon my confusion just not clear on what you mean.
I can get in my truck and drive all day and it doesn't seem to activate the service. If I drove 100 miles and checked my location, the app still says I am at home. I can get out of the truck and immediately try and use remote start and it will fail. Nothing updates or activates until I manually activate the LTE service by using Send & Go, Assist or SOS.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I can get in my truck and drive all day and it doesn't seem to activate the service. If I drove 100 miles and checked my location, the app still says I am at home. I can get out of the truck and immediately try and use remote start and it will fail. Nothing updates or activates until I manually activate the LTE service by using Send & Go, Assist or SOS.
I dont have that issue. All I have to do is run the truck for a minute or two and it wakes the unit up then command work for about 30 - 45 mins to an hour before it goes to sleep again.

TrackDay

Reaction score
MJP, my symptoms have been just like yours until just yesterday. I mentioned in another thread I brought the truck in and a STAR case was open as well as a Uconnect Care case. They connected the 2 case #s and took some info off my radio the week before last. All of a sudden yesterday I can now remote start my truck using the app even 2-3 hours after the truck had keyed off. That's a big development and so far as I can tell they have done nothing to my truck specifically to fix my issue. Have you checked your truck recently?

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine works fine except I’m still waiting on them to fix the sports news. I want to see news from my favorite teams. Still no darn fix.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
MJP, my symptoms have been just like yours until just yesterday. I mentioned in another thread I brought the truck in and a STAR case was open as well as a Uconnect Care case. They connected the 2 case #s and took some info off my radio the week before last. All of a sudden yesterday I can now remote start my truck using the app even 2-3 hours after the truck had keyed off. That's a big development and so far as I can tell they have done nothing to my truck specifically to fix my issue. Have you checked your truck recently?
I havent checked it since earlier in the week. I'll test it tonight. Thanks for the update. I'll keep you posted.

Laramiepete

Reaction score
Can you post the star case # I like MJP have the same problem.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Would you be able to find out what exactly your dealer did? I'd like to call Uconnect myself. If the dealer didnt di anything to your truck maybe it's something on the Uconnect side. If I can avoid driving an hour to the dealer it would be great.

TrackDay

Reaction score
Well, it appears to not be a consistent change. I tried to start my truck yesterday after work (about 4.5 hours shut off) and it failed. I tried this morning after about 12 hours and it failed too. I'll try tonight after about 2 hours to see if something shorter works.
I brought my truck in for this to be diagnosed and they reset the radio on the first visit (of course). They then waited for a few days for feedback while I had a loaner truck. I asked for my truck back so I could drive what I'm making payments on and then discovered that when they reset the radio now my Assist and SOS buttons didn't work. I just got a screen prompt that said something like, "Try again later". I went through some pains to get that working again by calling 2 times and waiting 3 days for my account to be "activated" again. A little over a week later FCA STAR asked my dealer to take some pictures of some radio screens while it was in dealer mode. Since that visit over my lunch hour, my truck has lost my phone bluetooth pairing 3 times. This last time I had to restart the truck and my phone and pair the phone again to get it to work.
I don't have my STAR case #, but I can ask. My UConnect case # is 57759906.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, it appears to not be a consistent change. I tried to start my truck yesterday after work (about 4.5 hours shut off) and it failed. I tried this morning after about 12 hours and it failed too. I'll try tonight after about 2 hours to see if something shorter works.
I brought my truck in for this to be diagnosed and they reset the radio on the first visit (of course). They then waited for a few days for feedback while I had a loaner truck. I asked for my truck back so I could drive what I'm making payments on and then discovered that when they reset the radio now my Assist and SOS buttons didn't work. I just got a screen prompt that said something like, "Try again later". I went through some pains to get that working again by calling 2 times and waiting 3 days for my account to be "activated" again. A little over a week later FCA STAR asked my dealer to take some pictures of some radio screens while it was in dealer mode. Since that visit over my lunch hour, my truck has lost my phone bluetooth pairing 3 times. This last time I had to restart the truck and my phone and pair the phone again to get it to work.
I don't have my STAR case #, but I can ask. My UConnect case # is 57759906.
Well I guess it's back to square one for all of us with the issue.

BLUEKNIGHT

Reaction score
Anyone else have issues when the SiriusXM Guardian services start flaking out after so many hours of inactivity?? Seems like after 24 hours, I get nothing but failures...
had my truck at the dealer...they thought i was nuts...i was thinking it was the system itself..but they didnt have the phone...got the truck back and the same **** happened...i had a feeling it was the app so i uninstalled it...now i dont lose anything pre set...delete the android App

Chrisdp23

Reaction score
I was told i needed to uninstall the version I had on my phone which was 2.0 and install the 3.3.3 version, it didn't help.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was told i needed to uninstall the version I had on my phone which was 2.0 and install the 3.3.3 version, it didn't help.
I've tried evey version of the app and it doesnt help. We all need to bug Uconnect people about it so they come up with a fix. Its crappy that we cant enjoy the free trial even if you dont intend to subscribe when it expires. I've had my truck almost 6 months and havent been able to use the app.

TrackDay

Reaction score
Something definitely has changed about my Uconnect app functionality. Even towards 4 hours after key off I can do a remote start now. Used to it was barely over 1 hour. With my 16 I could go on a week long trip and start the truck from the airport shuttle bus on the way to the parking lot. That's what I expect out of my 19.

Chris

Reaction score
If the Web App through the Mopar site does not work, then it has nothing to do with your phone or app version on your phone; it is either the truck or your SiriusXM Guardian account. They had to reset my account the first week I had my truck in order to work at all, but after that it worked fine for me with the exception of one incident where my phone stopped working but the website still worked; uninstalling and reinstalling the app fixed the issue, but again that was only due to the website Mopar app still working for me.

TrackDay

Reaction score
If the Web App through the Mopar site does not work, then it has nothing to do with your phone or app version on your phone; it is either the truck or your SiriusXM Guardian account. They had to reset my account the first week I had my truck in order to work at all, but after that it worked fine for me with the exception of one incident where my phone stopped working but the website still worked; uninstalling and reinstalling the app fixed the issue, but again that was only due to the website Mopar app still working for me.
Of course. The Mopar site tracks pretty much like the UConnect app for me. They either both succeed or both fail.

Swordfish

Reaction score
Of course. The Mopar site tracks pretty much like the UConnect app for me. They either both succeed or both fail.

The problem isn't the app, it is the electronics in the truck. It is going to sleep so when the app requests anything, it doesn't find your truck. When you start the truck, the signal turns on and stays on for a period of time and then again goes to sleep. Until MOPAR admits this is the problem, there will not be a fix for it.

TrackDay

Reaction score
The problem isn't the app, it is the electronics in the truck. It is going to sleep so when the app requests anything, it doesn't find your truck. When you start the truck, the signal turns on and stays on for a period of time and then again goes to sleep. Until MOPAR admits this is the problem, there will not be a fix for it.
Yes, we know. We've been talking in several threads now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online