5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect remote app commands not working after a while

TooTall

Reaction score
Welcome to the club! I am tired of trying to get this resolved. Now that the weather is getting warmer its not such a pain. Hopefully it will be resolved before next winter.
Hey @Laramiepete Did yours happen to start working recently. mine has worked 6 out the last 7 times I've tried. i wonder if it is a temperature thing, as it is warming up now?

TT

kjn86

Reaction score
Just tried mine again for fun and, of course, nothing. I absolutely cannot believe this problem still exists. It shocks me that this is a problem at this point in technological history. FCA should be utterly embarrassed.

Pressgrove

Reaction score
I've been watching this thread, hoping this gets resolved. Same deal... after the truck sits a while, the app won't connect to the truck. I read a while back that the Uconnect app was the only app going forward and that the Guardian app was no longer supported. I could only get the Guardian app to work at all.

This evening, I took a notion to try again. This time, when the Guardian app opened, it gave me a splash screen that said it is no longer active, to use the Uconnect app.

The Uconnect app says there is no active subscriptions. I decided to sit in the truck for a bit (it is nice out today), and see what I could do.

After poking the screen for a bit (12"), I finally just had it call support. It turns out that my Uconnect was set up with the junk spam email address I gave my sales guy. I set up my mopar.com account with my "real" email address. The phone rep said those have to match. When she tried to change the Uconnect email, it gave her an error, requiring her to put in a service ticket.

Waiting for a call back. I would assume the fruits of my labor will get me back to where the Uconnect app performs as the Guardian app did a few months ago (only works for x hours after the truck is shut off). We will see.....

Laramiepete

Reaction score
Hey @Laramiepete Did yours happen to start working recently. mine has worked 6 out the last 7 times I've tried. i wonder if it is a temperature thing, as it is warming up now?

TT
No such luck for me! Still waiting on the mythical update that is supposed to correct all these problems.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score

TT
I had the same problem since I got my truck in September. Commands only worked after truck was started then no go after it sat for a bit. After a bunch of phone calls to Uconnect/Sirius over the 7 months I've owned the truck and a trip to the dealer for some troubleshooting FCA decided the radio needed to be swapped to fix the issue. Great call on FCA's part. The dealer swapped the radio and the remote commands work great. Unfortunately, the new radio is defective so I lost some functionality. My old radio worked flawlessly btw. Now a week after I picked up the truck I hear an update came out that will fix the remote command issue (I have maintained from the beginning it should be fixable with an update). This is so frustrating that FCA has no idea what they are doing. I now am waiting to hear back about what they will do to fix my radio.

TooTall

Reaction score
Well, figures I spoke to soon, tried yesterday and today, same old crap, no response. Seems weird that it worked several times for me and then back to nada!!

Hoepfully that software update releases soon.

gmab

Reaction score
I'm not trying to be a jerk but rather provide a data point.
The Uconnect app has worked for me every time. Granted I've only had the truck since 4/25/19.
I issued a command yesterday after driving it and again this morning after sitting all night (in garage). Worked both times although takes 20-30 seconds.

edit: without the fob nearby, if I look in the driver window I'll see the dash light up within 5 seconds of pressing uconnect app command (unlock). It then takes a bit for the vehicle to actually unlock. Not sure if this is security handshaking going on or something else.

Last edited:

Laramiepete

Reaction score
I had the same problem since I got my truck in September. Commands only worked after truck was started then no go after it sat for a bit. After a bunch of phone calls to Uconnect/Sirius over the 7 months I've owned the truck and a trip to the dealer for some troubleshooting FCA decided the radio needed to be swapped to fix the issue. Great call on FCA's part. The dealer swapped the radio and the remote commands work great. Unfortunately, the new radio is defective so I lost some functionality. My old radio worked flawlessly btw. Now a week after I picked up the truck I hear an update came out that will fix the remote command issue (I have maintained from the beginning it should be fixable with an update). This is so frustrating that FCA has no idea what they are doing. I now am waiting to hear back about what they will do to fix my radio.
What update did you hear about?

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What update did you hear about?
Someone on the Forum recently posted that he/she heard from a Ram Rep that a TSB was released or is soon to be released that addresses a number of issues to include the app not working.

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I was using the xm guardian app and had no issues, until they end of lifed it. Never had much luck with the Uconnect one, so I put in a trouble ticket. The response I got was that the iOS app only works with iPhone, not with an iPad. I tried switching to the phone and it seems to be working correctly. No idea of the reliability yet

ADJS

Reaction score
Im also having this issue. After the truck sits for a while it won't receive commands. BUT, send & go will still work using the (light blue) app.

When I read about the "uConnect App" and Guardian App" what two apps are you referring to?

I previously had a jeep that used

IMG_4829.jpg

which seems to be linked to the same account as below but it does not show my Ram

With my Ram I ended up downloading this one

IMG_4828.jpg

which shows both vehicles.

which one should I be using or which app should be working?

Using iOS.

Pressgrove

Reaction score
I've been watching this thread, hoping this gets resolved. Same deal... after the truck sits a while, the app won't connect to the truck. I read a while back that the Uconnect app was the only app going forward and that the Guardian app was no longer supported. I could only get the Guardian app to work at all.

This evening, I took a notion to try again. This time, when the Guardian app opened, it gave me a splash screen that said it is no longer active, to use the Uconnect app.

The Uconnect app says there is no active subscriptions. I decided to sit in the truck for a bit (it is nice out today), and see what I could do.

After poking the screen for a bit (12"), I finally just had it call support. It turns out that my Uconnect was set up with the junk spam email address I gave my sales guy. I set up my mopar.com account with my "real" email address. The phone rep said those have to match. When she tried to change the Uconnect email, it gave her an error, requiring her to put in a service ticket.

Waiting for a call back. I would assume the fruits of my labor will get me back to where the Uconnect app performs as the Guardian app did a few months ago (only works for x hours after the truck is shut off). We will see.....

Just to follow up on this.....

I got a call from someone about 2 days later saying that the email addresses were now corrected and my service ticket was closed. I tried the next morning, and the app again said there was no active subscription. :confused: I just closed it, and went on about my day.

Yesterday, I decided to make an attempt to get it up and running. I opened the app to find my truck there, just as it was supposed to be.

Now, I am back to where I started. It works perfectly.... as long as the truck hasn't sat to long. Somehow, this feels like progress :rolleyes:

I guess you could say that my expectations are pretty low at this point.

Pressgrove

Reaction score
The
Im also having this issue. After the truck sits for a while it won't receive commands. BUT, send & go will still work using the (light blue) app.

When I read about the "uConnect App" and Guardian App" what two apps are you referring to?

I previously had a jeep that used

View attachment 27001

which seems to be linked to the same account as below but it does not show my Ram

With my Ram I ended up downloading this one

View attachment 27002

which shows both vehicles.

which one should I be using or which app should be working?

Using iOS.

The bottom one is what I have. There used to be another one with a similar icon called Guardian (the icon actually said Guardian). It is no longer active.

TooTall

Reaction score
Hi all, I have had this issue of not working after the truck sits for an hour or so pretty much since I have had it except for a few days right after I got it.

I think I figured out a pattern.

Couple weeks ago, it worked 4 times in a row when I tried it, then it stopped for a couple weeks.

The last three days it has worked every time I tried it.

The common thing is: Every time it worked after sitting for a long time it has been over 82 or so degrees.

When is worked a couple weeks ago, it was a few hot days here, then it cooled off and it stopped. Earlier this week one cool day, it didn't work, yesterday 86, it worked.

All winter when I really needed it, never worked due to being cold outside.

I'm beginning to think that it may be something to do with after the engine cools down? Or just ambient temperature issue with bad hardware??

Anyone else that has this issue tried it when it is hot out and see if it works?

TT

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi all, I have had this issue of not working after the truck sits for an hour or so pretty much since I have had it except for a few days right after I got it.

I think I figured out a pattern.

Couple weeks ago, it worked 4 times in a row when I tried it, then it stopped for a couple weeks.

The last three days it has worked every time I tried it.

The common thing is: Every time it worked after sitting for a long time it has been over 82 or so degrees.

When is worked a couple weeks ago, it was a few hot days here, then it cooled off and it stopped. Earlier this week one cool day, it didn't work, yesterday 86, it worked.

All winter when I really needed it, never worked due to being cold outside.

I'm beginning to think that it may be something to do with after the engine cools down? Or just ambient temperature issue with bad hardware??

Anyone else that has this issue tried it when it is hot out and see if it works?

TT
Mine never worked after sitting a while regardless of temperature. I can't say your theory doesn't have any validity but I don't think that it's temeperature sensitive. I truly believe it's software related. I went through a radio swap where it worked then stopped working then magically started working again when all of my Sirius issues resolved themselves at the same time. I think it's on the Sirius side but they are clueless about it.

kjn86

Reaction score
Mine never worked after sitting a while regardless of temperature. I can't say your theory doesn't have any validity but I don't think that it's temeperature sensitive. I truly believe it's software related. I went through a radio swap where it worked then stopped working then magically started working again when all of my Sirius issues resolved themselves at the same time. I think it's on the Sirius side but they are clueless about it.
Every time I see this thread has a new post I hope someone says they fixed it or there is a patch coming or something good....then I read it and get sad. This is so silly. I can't even believe we are still discussing this like it's a new technology in 2003 with glitches.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Every time I see this thread has a new post I hope someone says they fixed it or there is a patch coming or something good....then I read it and get sad. This is so silly. I can't even believe we are still discussing this like it's a new technology in 2003 with glitches.
Agreed. It’s 2019. Why is this so difficult for them to figure out. It should easily be fixed with an update but the geniuses at FCA and Sirius can’t come to one resolution. I’m just happy mine finally works after 7 months. I got Sirius to extend the service so I can actually use the free trial for a while.

kjn86

Reaction score
Agreed. It’s 2019. Why is this so difficult for them to figure out. It should easily be fixed with an update but the geniuses at FCA and Sirius can’t come to one resolution. I’m just happy mine finally works after 7 months. I got Sirius to extend the service so I can actually use the free trial for a while.

Mine actually just worked for the first time in 6 months. I am beside myself. I am never going to use it again just so I can say it works!!! Definitely not renewing SiriusXM on principle so it doesn't matter much since my trial is almost over.

Users who are viewing this thread