5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect on phone starter/lock/unlock fail all time

DakotaRam

Reaction score
After the app update(iOS) mine has surprisingly been working . Noticed the vehicle picture changes back and forth but still seems to work.

19RamLimited

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So do you think it's an issue with the rf unit behind the rear seat?
Could be a issue with the can bus communication from the radio to the RF hub. I would say its not likely if your truck is always locking and unlocking and starting without issue with the fob. There are junctions for the can bus. The RF hub communicates on the K line can bus line.

Now though here is the other issue that causes me to say not likely is you say it works when you ask them to lock or unlock from their end.

Are using the Guardian app or the Connect app?

19RamLimited

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Even after the truck sits for 20 mins or more?
Mine works regardless of amount of time it sits. I use the connect app though. I have had bad luck with guardian for remote commands. I use guardian for location and Send and go though. I also have had a much better response time lately with commands

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Could be a issue with the can bus communication from the radio to the RF hub. I would say its not likely if your truck is always locking and unlocking and starting without issue with the fob. There are junctions for the can bus. The RF hub communicates on the K line can bus line.

Now though here is the other issue that causes me to say not likely is you say it works when you ask them to lock or unlock from their end.

Are using the Guardian app or the Connect app?
I've tried both and Mopar with the same results. It only works for a short time after the truck has been running. It always works for Uconnect people when I call them. Key fob always remote starts.

Laramiepete

Reaction score
If I recall correctly, when I called them from my cell and the truck is not started or the door locks have not been activated, they can not locate or lock/unlock the truck either.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If I recall correctly, when I called them from my cell and the truck is not started or the door locks have not been activated, they can not locate or lock/unlock the truck either.
They are always able to locate and send remote commands to my truck regardless. My commands only work after the truck has been started. After it's been started they only work for about 20 minutes or so then fail. I still think it's some kind of a software glitch and I'm inclined to wait a little bit before having the dealer rip apart my radio unit.

greatone99

Reaction score
same with mine ,fails all the time ,but works almost every time if the trucks been on in the last hour or so

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
same with mine ,fails all the time ,but works almost every time if the trucks been on in the last hour or so
Dont have a fix for you but I've been going back and forth about it with Sirius for the past few months. They are useless. I am convinced it's a software issue.

Users who are viewing this thread