5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect on phone starter/lock/unlock fail all time

Noubon125

Reaction score
Anyone have problems using uconnect on phone to start/lock/unlock and location your car fail most of the time. On mine i try 10 times most is fail if lucky one will be work.

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i was told there is a "known issue" with the app running the iphone 12.1.1 latest update.
of course it is only known in the house of SiriusXM, unless you call and inquire.

i have called a few times over the past week, they are working on it.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i was told there is a "known issue" with the app running the iphone 12.1.1 latest update.
of course it is only known in the house of SiriusXM, unless you call and inquire.

i have called a few times over the past week, they are working on it.
I have an Android and mine stopped working a few weeks after I got the truck back in September. Many calls to Sirius and Mopar and a few resets. Both blamed telematics and said take it to the dealer. Oddly, they were able to send successful commands which led me to believe its glitchy software. Picked up my truck today after 5 weeks in the shop. Surprisingly the app works now. The dealer didn't do anything other than reset. I firmly believe it's just glitchy software that works and stops working intermittently. Probably needs an update by Sirius.

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Really don’t care if the app works or not, I don’t have a need for it. I will not pay for the service after the 1 year trial period. Not even close to being worth $13 a month.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Really don’t care if the app works or not, I don’t have a need for it. I will not pay for the service after the 1 year trial period. Not even close to being worth $13 a month.
I agree. I would never buy it. The remote start on the fob is good enough. I just wanted to make sure I dont have any hardware issues with telematics... before the warranty is up.

geotex1

Reaction score
I find the reliability has gone downhill compared to my 2014. I'd have a fail on that one only once in a blue moon. On the 2019 and latest/greatest app, it fails always when I'm not getting LTE on my cell. Running the app on a Samsung Galaxy 8 Android. I too wouldn't pay full price for this service, and didn't for my 2014 either. A little negotiating, just like with Sirius, gets you a very inexpensive service.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I find the reliability has gone downhill compared to my 2014. I'd have a fail on that one only once in a blue moon. On the 2019 and latest/greatest app, it fails always when I'm not getting LTE on my cell. Running the app on a Samsung Galaxy 8 Android. I too wouldn't pay full price for this service, and didn't for my 2014 either. A little negotiating, just like with Sirius, gets you a very inexpensive service.
Yep.

Noubon125

Reaction score
After one years they will call with an offer may be 6 months or one year with a good deal like $120 a year. Just wait for their call.

Noubon125

Reaction score
Bud not about LTE or not it about the app i guess so i have LTE and wifi but fail 10/10

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Bud not about LTE or not it about the app i guess so i have LTE and wifi but fail 10/10
Since getting my truck back on Tnursday I noticed that the app will work only after the truck had been running. After it sits for a few hours no go. I'm guessing the telematics unit goes into some sort of sleep mode Nd needs to be awakened. At least now I have partial use of the app as opposed to none.

TrackDay

Reaction score
Since getting my truck back on Tnursday I noticed that the app will work only after the truck had been running. After it sits for a few hours no go. I'm guessing the telematics unit goes into some sort of sleep mode Nd needs to be awakened. At least now I have partial use of the app as opposed to none.
Mine does exactly the same thing. After a few hours of sitting every attempt fails.

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The app has been actually working for me since I got the truck. I have an iPhone with the latest software update. I think 13$ a month as some have said it costs is too much for just this service. I wouldn’t pay that much just for 5 features but I do like it for turning on the truck when I’m far away that the key fob doesn’t reach.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The app has been actually working for me since I got the truck. I have an iPhone with the latest software update. I think 13$ a month as some have said it costs is too much for just this service. I wouldn’t pay that much just for 5 features but I do like it for turning on the truck when I’m far away that the key fob doesn’t reach.
I'm not paying after the trial is up. It's so inconsistent.

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm not paying after the trial is up. It's so inconsistent.

I wouldn’t either if I was having your inconsistent issues. Which I’m not but i still wouldn’t pay at $13 a month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TrackDay

Reaction score
Yeah glitchy software for sure. I stick to the key fob.
My problem is I used the remote Uconnect app on my phone with my 16 Ram at work. I'd remote start the truck using the app since I don't sit within keyfob range. Was also helpful to start the truck at an airport parking lot while on the bus heading back. This has to get fixed.

Laramiepete

Reaction score
We have to keep the pressure up. I call Sirius about once a week just to reiterate the same problem I'm having. I also make them note it in my log cuz I will be asking 4 an extended trial period.

TooTall

Reaction score
@RamCares theres multiple threads on this very poor uconnect remote functionality when is Sirius or Ram going to do something or at least acknowlege the problem publicly.

Bricklayer

Reaction score
I have the same exact problem. The remote start works perfectly 100% of the time within about 20-30 mins of shutting off the truck. After that 100% fail. I called into Uconnect and they sent me an email saying I had to clear all data and reset, I did all that and still exactly the same problem. Taking it to dealer Monday morning.
2018 Laramie 2500 diesel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online