5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect on phone starter/lock/unlock fail all time

TrackDay

Reaction score
Uconnect is now recommending I bring my truck to the dealer too but are giving no suggestions as to the root cause.

TrackDay

Reaction score

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the same exact problem. The remote start works perfectly 100% of the time within about 20-30 mins of shutting off the truck. After that 100% fail. I called into Uconnect and they sent me an email saying I had to clear all data and reset, I did all that and still exactly the same problem. Taking it to dealer Monday morning.
2018 Laramie 2500 diesel.
I cleared it and the dealer did as well. Didn't fix the problem. The Uconnect/Sirius system sucks and the support behind it is even worse. The dealer has no clue what's wrong (no fault of theirs) and didnt want to start swapping parts yet which i agree with. RAM dropping tha ball again.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Uconnect is now recommending I bring my truck to the dealer too but are giving no suggestions as to the root cause.
Dont waste your time. They wont know how to fix it and will just clear and reset. It wont solve the problem. Wait.

Laramiepete

Reaction score
I have the same exact problem. The remote start works perfectly 100% of the time within about 20-30 mins of shutting off the truck. After that 100% fail. I called into Uconnect and they sent me an email saying I had to clear all data and reset, I did all that and still exactly the same problem. Taking it to dealer Monday morning.
2018 Laramie 2500 diesel.
That's great I'm looking forward to seeing what the dealer can do for you. Do you have the 8.4 inch screen or the 12 inch screen?

DakotaRam

Reaction score
Really don’t care if the app works or not, I don’t have a need for it. I will not pay for the service after the 1 year trial period. Not even close to being worth $13 a month.

This is about the only thing I miss about my previous GMC. It actually worked 100% of the time and it was FREE FOR 5 YEARS on a new purchase

Last edited:

Noubon125

Reaction score
I called Sirius and they said they are working on it right now problem come from tge app. They told me delete the app and install again it may be work. I did but still the same mine is 100% fail now. LoL

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I called Sirius and they said they are working on it right now problem come from tge app. They told me delete the app and install again it may be work. I did but still the same mine is 100% fail now. LoL
Did it about 30 times. Fail!

Bricklayer

Reaction score
Ok went to dealer, they weren’t able to fix it, but the head tech there said he thinks it might be a problem with a type of security gateway timing out. Apparently Uconnect was being hacked so in 2018 they installed and added a security module. I left because I had to work but he is going to call Chrysler and try to get to the bottom of it. I’ll update again when I hear from them.

greatone99

Reaction score
mine did it today ,failed ,so I deleted the app ,and it works now after reloading .also noticed the app shows my truck image ,a white rebel with ram boxes ,before it showed a red limited

TooTall

Reaction score
mine did it today ,failed ,so I deleted the app ,and it works now after reloading .also noticed the app shows my truck image ,a white rebel with ram boxes ,before it showed a red limited

Android or Apple phone app?

TT

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ok went to dealer, they weren’t able to fix it, but the head tech there said he thinks it might be a problem with a type of security gateway timing out. Apparently Uconnect was being hacked so in 2018 they installed and added a security module. I left because I had to work but he is going to call Chrysler and try to get to the bottom of it. I’ll update again when I hear from them.
Please do. Mine always fails except for a small window immediately after running the truck.

TrackDay

Reaction score
As of yesterday my Assist button in the truck times out and says there is a problem. Try again later. Any of you with app troubles also have this issue?

kjn86

Reaction score
Error for me. Stopped working months ago using the app. Tried the web site and also didn't work.

Laramiepete

Reaction score
The website doesn't work either on mine. I have reinstalled the app numerous times no go. I was told to get the telematic unit checked at the dealer. I think that the telematics is integral in the radio and not a separate unit. I think Bricklayer may be onto something however it doesn't explain the fact that the app works within 15 minutes after shut off. When I first set up my Sirius I was in the car and using my cell phone for the authentication email. There website was not mobile friendly and I missed some security questions. When I called the told me My setup wasn't complete and that's why it wouldn't work. I fixed the setup and it still never worked. I wonder if anyone else had a botched first attempt at setting up their account? May be our accounts are blacklisted on the fire wall? But why does it work within 15 minutes?

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The website doesn't work either on mine. I have reinstalled the app numerous times no go. I was told to get the telematic unit checked at the dealer. I think that the telematics is integral in the radio and not a separate unit. I think Bricklayer may be onto something however it doesn't explain the fact that the app works within 15 minutes after shut off. When I first set up my Sirius I was in the car and using my cell phone for the authentication email. There website was not mobile friendly and I missed some security questions. When I called the told me My setup wasn't complete and that's why it wouldn't work. I fixed the setup and it still never worked. I wonder if anyone else had a botched first attempt at setting up their account? May be our accounts are blacklisted on the fire wall? But why does it work within 15 minutes?
I don't but for a minute that it's the telematics unit because it works everytime I call them and they remotely connect. The telematics unit is separate from the radio head per my dealer service dept. But the head unit needs to be removed to get to it. I'm giving it a while. Maybe a fix will come but the Sirius and Uconnect people are useless.

19RamLimited

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The telematics is in the radio unit. The radio communicates through the can bus to the RF hub. The RF hub is located on the rear wall and is what controls the starting and lock and unlock also TPMS.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The telematics is in the radio unit. The radio communicates through the can bus to the RF hub. The RF hub is located on the rear wall and is what controls the starting and lock and unlock also TPMS.
So do you think it's an issue with the rf unit behind the rear seat?

Users who are viewing this thread