5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UConnect does not update Weather Map

NCBACKCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Unfortunately, as you can see this has been a long term issue that hasn't been fixed for those that have it. I wouldn't expect that to change anytime soon. Realistically your options are to deal with it or get a different vehicle....
Awesome service! Soooo happy I just bought a new 2022 vehicle that I "thought" would have certain radio options that actually work. It's called FU☆×ING FALSE ADVERTISING! DONT RELEASE UNCONNECT 5 unless you have it figured out, pretty freaking simple.

Super sorry for the language folks! I just hate being lied to, ESPECIALLY by an automaker my family and I have stood behind for decades.

Last edited:

Lovinsoulglo

Reaction score
Awesome service! Soooo happy I just bought a new 2022 vehicle that I "thought" would have certain radio options that actually work. It's called FU☆×ING FALSE ADVERTISING! DONT RELEASE UNCONNECT 5 unless you have it figured out, pretty freaking simple.

Super sorry for the language folks! I just hate being lied to, ESPECIALLY by an automaker my family and I have stood behind for decades.
Agreed 100%. Add to the fact that the RAM connect customer service agents have no idea how to proceed or even begin to troubleshoot the issue makes it even more infuriating.

reb0957

Reaction score
My 8.6" screen had more features other than Android Auto than this 12" screen. At least you have hope with a 22. Those with a 2019-2021 have 0 hope for upgrades

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Nbt22555

Reaction score
With 2022 you can use lemon law in New York state not sure about other states but I ran a service dept for 10 years. Start threatening them with it but they have 3 chances to fix it and within a certain time line. You will have to also create the case that because it does not work its value is greatly reduced but that's easy to do. You will have to press the issue but they will cave. Maybe some of you guys with the new trucks can force their hands on the issue.

jhowlive

Reaction score
Hi guys!
I found this forum and topic just because of this issue!
I’m from Brazil and here the new Jeep Compass 2022 has the Uconnect 5, this features (Weather, Gas Prices, Traffic) used to work intermittently, but in almost two weeks, it doesn’t work anymore.
From what I can gather all this info are being provided by TomTom but it’s a issue with uconnect server! I tried everything you can imagine but no luck.
And although my dealer updated my unit to a new software version, here we are not even close to getting the software versions you are receiving, but apparently it’s not related to that, because even with you guys with newer versions, this features are not working.
At first I thought that the car was not online or with bad reception, but Alexa works fine and plays music very well all using the car connection, so it’s just this connected services from navigation that are not working.
In the photos attached I show a test I do to see if the car is connected to the navigation service, if you start a navigation, if you are not connected a little car with a X sign will appear, showing that it don’t have a connection.
42F7A875-7999-4E52-AE5D-A85CE2778529.jpeg 3C823395-E4E0-4692-91FB-75738DE8BE4B.jpeg
Well at least the operators you are talking to are aware of other people complaining.
Here I contacted the Jeep connected services and they didn’t solved the issue.
From what I searched, this issue occurs in all Uconnect 5 units, I saw people complaining in the Jeep, Dodge and Chrysler forums.
Here in Brazil this system debuted in the Jeep Compass 2022, so there isn’t a lot of people with the car to see this issue, but in a Facebook group of owners who does have the car they also experience the problem!
I’ll be watching this post, hopefully you guys can help solve this issue!
Thanks!!!
And sorry for my English! 👀

Last edited:

Lovinsoulglo

Reaction score
Well got super excited as there was a uconnect update, I thought this would fix the weather. Of course it didn’t. Still getting the same error as previous version.

Attachments

• C39517AD-CC5F-42D2-8127-EA20AC67F386.jpeg
    C39517AD-CC5F-42D2-8127-EA20AC67F386.jpeg
    173.5 KB · Views: 34

Lovinsoulglo

Reaction score
Just received this email from RAM connect.
“I am reaching out in regards of your case. Our Level 3 team is still looking into your issue with the weather app. As of now, they have asked our Product Development team for a further analysis. As soon as I have further information I will contact you.”

seems like we are just going to get the continual run around with this.

LARamsTN

Reaction score
Just bought a 2022 Limited. Weather app just shows a black screen and after 15sec I get an error message with a comment to try again later. No traffic or gas app shown on my screen

NCBACKCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Just bought a 2022 Limited. Weather app just shows a black screen and after 15sec I get an error message with a comment to try again later. No traffic or gas app shown on my screen
Ahhh Welcome to the club! My 2022 is doing the same stuff. The traffic flow and gas prices supposedly show up when you're moving using the navigation screen. None of the stuff you stated works on my truck either (weather, etc). I called Uconnect today and they supposedly going to call me back within a couple of days. Either way I have an appointment with the dealer next Wednesday. PS: send and go doesn't work on mine as well.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just received this email from RAM connect.
“I am reaching out in regards of your case. Our Level 3 team is still looking into your issue with the weather app. As of now, they have asked our Product Development team for a further analysis. As soon as I have further information I will contact you.”

seems like we are just going to get the continual run around with this.
I gave up long ago after three attempts by SiriusXM to send a reset to radio that was guaranteed to fix the issue

NCBACKCOUNTRY

Reaction score
I gave up long ago after three attempts by SiriusXM to send a reset to radio that was guaranteed to fix the issue
I "think" this is more a Tom Tom navigation issue. The new and improved uconnect 5 uses Tom Tom and I think the older version used Garmin. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I "think" this is more a Tom Tom navigation issue. The new and improved uconnect 5 uses Tom Tom and I think the older version used Garmin. 🤷‍♂️

This thread started with someone with a 2019. It's just recently switched to more 2022 owners complaining. Seems like it's a carryover problem that isn't TomTom or Uconnect. The weather maps on the 19-21 truck were provided by siruisXM Travelink. Not sure if that changes with the Uconnect 5 system or not

Lovinsoulglo

Reaction score
This thread started with someone with a 2019. It's just recently switched to more 2022 owners complaining. Seems like it's a carryover problem that isn't TomTom or Uconnect. The weather maps on the 19-21 truck were provided by siruisXM Travelink. Not sure if that changes with the Uconnect 5 system or not
Talked to ram connect again. He simply said most level 3 tech team is on vacation. Has no time frame. I don’t know even know if I would really use the weather app frequently…. However, what is grinding my gears is the fact they push out the truck with software that is clearly not working the way it is supposed to.

NCBACKCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Talked to ram connect again. He simply said most level 3 tech team is on vacation. Has no time frame. I don’t know even know if I would really use the weather app frequently…. However, what is grinding my gears is the fact they push out the truck with software that is clearly not working the way it is supposed to.
I'd use ALL the features that I'm missing. I'm actually super mad that ram/uconnect/TomTom or whoever pushed this out without making sure it all worked.

reb0957

Reaction score
I'd use ALL the features that I'm missing. I'm actually super mad that ram/uconnect/TomTom or whoever pushed this out without making sure it all worked.
Try having one that hasn't worked since 2019. My 2016 8.6 gave a vehicle report and this expensive 12" screen doesn't!

NCBACKCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Try having one that hasn't worked since 2019. My 2016 8.6 gave a vehicle report and this expensive 12" screen doesn't!

My recently sold 2016 2500 AND my wife's 2019 jeep grand cherokee work great. Freaking real crappy I paid extra for this radio and for all the features not to work. 👎👎

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Yeah, supposedly something with the hardware in the 12" not compatible with the vehicle report feature available on the smaller screens. Not enough processing power for the big screen and vehicle data.

Lovinsoulglo

Reaction score
RAM connect called me AGAIN. Only to explain tech level 3 and program developers are looking into it. I asked for a timeline and they said they have no idea. Sorta lost at this point. In Canada we don’t have lemon laws but I will be looking into other options at this point. If I hear anything else I will post.

NCBACKCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Here's the email I got today:

Good Afternoon,

I was just following up with you to inform you that we should have the issue resolved soon I apologize for the inconvenience. We at Jeep are working hard to resolve the issue if you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact us by phone or by simply responding to this email. Have a wonderful day and thanks for being apart of the Jeep Family.

Hazel - Jeep Connect

That's referring to my 2022 RAM 1500 with 8.4

Users who are viewing this thread