5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect 5 is much better but…

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
Dealer checked it out today and determined that the ‘global telematics module’ is faulty and needs to be replaced. Part is not available with no timeline on when it will be. They also said the software is up to date (version .5). I don’t have a lot of confidence at all in them to be honest. I also asked them to enable the mopar power steps in uconnect so I can deploy them from the screen (for cleaning etc) and they said only the factory can do that when the truck is built. Today after work the screen crashed as usual and lost all my settings except for the xm satellite presets. First time that has happened.
Do you have the OEM power steps? If so the dealer can and should be able to enable those settings. I call 🐂🐄🐮 Sh!t on that and if you can, find another dealer that knows what they‘re doing. Then again I could be wrong 🙈🤷‍♂️😂

You might do a search on here for installing the power running boards and find answers there. 😉

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
Dealer checked it out today and determined that the ‘global telematics module’ is faulty and needs to be replaced. Part is not available with no timeline on when it will be. They also said the software is up to date (version .5). I don’t have a lot of confidence at all in them to be honest. I also asked them to enable the mopar power steps in uconnect so I can deploy them from the screen (for cleaning etc) and they said only the factory can do that when the truck is built. Today after work the screen crashed as usual and lost all my settings except for the xm satellite presets. First time that has happened.
This thread might point you in the right direction. It‘s only 5 pages I believe so shouldn’t take too long to peruse.

Post in thread 'Power Running Boards can OEM be add?'

Rebel2022

Reaction score
This thread might point you in the right direction. It‘s only 5 pages I believe so shouldn’t take too long to peruse.

Post in thread 'Power Running Boards can OEM be add?'
Thanks, I read that before going back and asking them to do it. I guess I should have brought the install instructions back to them and show thwm step #1 where it literally explains how to do it. Rather than go to another dealer and pay what will probably be 150-$200 I think I’ll buy AlphaOBD and do it myself.

Rebel2022

Reaction score
Well first thing this morning when I arrived at a job my screen came up with the message about the software update. It downloaded and installed version .6 and then went for the rest of the day without a single issue. This is the first full day with no issues since I’ve had the truck. Noticed now when i press any on screen button it beeps. Never did that before even though that option was checked in settings. Anyway time will tell…

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
Well first thing this morning when I arrived at a job my screen came up with the message about the software update. It downloaded and installed version .6 and then went for the rest of the day without a single issue. This is the first full day with no issues since I’ve had the truck. Noticed now when i press any on screen button it beeps. Never did that before even though that option was checked in settings. Anyway time will tell…
Let’s hope

Mpgrimm2

Reaction score
Do you have the OEM power steps? If so the dealer can and should be able to enable those settings. I call Sh!t on that and if you can, find another dealer that knows what they‘re doing. Then again I could be wrong

You might do a search on here for installing the power running boards and find answers there.

For those here with the uConnect 5 12"....

* When using the backup camera ... Do you have the 'Dynamic Grid lines' that move with the steering wheel?
(Or are they fixed?)

Any Screen menus for the setting before I go digging around with AlfaOBD?

I see your climate controls are missing too.

I had lost the direct shortcut menus for the heated seats/Temp Control in the upper corners of the status bar for a while on my 22 Limited..
Finally got it back by changing the theme to something else and then back again

* Separately, I do have the option to deploy the steps from the radio.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score

* When using the backup camera ... Do you have the 'Dynamic Grid lines' that move with the steering wheel?
(Or are they fixed?)

I can’t recall if there‘s a menu option for this. I believe my reverse guidelines are dynamic. I’ll check tonight when I leave work and reply back. I do know 💯% that the front ones are dynamic.

Rebel2022

Reaction score
I can’t recall if there‘s a menu option for this. I believe my reverse guidelines are dynamic. I’ll check tonight when I leave work and reply back. I do know 💯% that the front ones are dynamic.
Yes there is an option in settings to have dynamic or fixed lines, when I got my Rebel they were fixed and I had to change to dynamic.

Fastluck13

Reaction score

(Or are they fixed?)

I had lost the direct shortcut menus for the heated seats/Temp Control in the upper corners of the status bar for a while on my 22 Limited..

I have battled the missing climate shortcuts too! Restarting the radio works most of the time.

For me, they are missing the first start of the day…..every day….

it is shocking how they feel it is OK to release stuff like this. It comes from the tech world. Agile methodology encourages the release of crap with the though they can fix it later. I hope they get an Agile parachute some day or an Agile boat that decides to stop being a boat and sinks.

MrMcGibblets

Reaction score
Got my Rebel yesterday and had several issues with CarPlay screen flashing then changing to the home screen. I had a long drive from Lake Charles to the Dallas area and it glitched many times throughout the 350 miles. I took it on a couple small trips today and suffered the same glitches from CarPlay going to whatever the last screen I was on before CarPlay. I also had music seem to glitch and only play from one speaker on two occasions. Anyone else running into issues like this? Using an iphone 13 on 15.1.

I thought I read something about people pulling the fuse in these forums, but couldn't find the posts again.

Rebel2022

Reaction score
Got my Rebel yesterday and had several issues with CarPlay screen flashing then changing to the home screen. I had a long drive from Lake Charles to the Dallas area and it glitched many times throughout the 350 miles. I took it on a couple small trips today and suffered the same glitches from CarPlay going to whatever the last screen I was on before CarPlay. I also had music seem to glitch and only play from one speaker on two occasions. Anyone else running into issues like this? Using an iphone 13 on 15.1.

I thought I read something about people pulling the fuse in these forums, but couldn't find the posts again.
Check your software version, if it ends in .5 you need to update to .6. In my case it seems to have fixed many issues. The truck should update on its own.

MrMcGibblets

Reaction score
Check your software version, if it ends in .5 you need to update to .6. In my case it seems to have fixed many issues. The truck should update on its own.
Wondering the same thing as @Liquid Li0n. I connected to my home wifi but didn’t see anything to get an update to happen. Truck just kept saying connected.

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
can you also force the update or do it on a data plan/4g?

Wondering the same thing as @Liquid Li0n. I connected to my home wifi but didn’t see anything to get an update to happen. Truck just kept saying connected.
Mine seem to download while I was driving home from work the other night. You can’t force it and the cell/4g data plan won’t matter either. It will come if you haven’t gotten it yet. I don’t have the cell/data plan active either that I can remember.

Rebel2022

Reaction score
I didn’t do anything special to get the download, it just popped up the other morning and did it on its own. Reading about others who got it I did and wondering why mine wasn’t I did connect it to my home wifi a couple days before but when it finally did the update I wasn’t home so I don’t think it had anything to do with it.
It has now been about 4 days since the update and I have had no issues other than the heated seat/wheel controls still disappear in the top favorites bar. Changing the theme will bring them back.

Mpgrimm2

Reaction score

(Or are they fixed?)

Anyone confirm 2022 12" radio has the / active/dynamic BuCam grid lines?

Also: I see others confirm carplay is now full screen ...

Q: Anyone confirm Android Auto is full screen now also?

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score

gridlines are dynamic, android auto is not full screen

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
gridlines are dynamic, android auto is not full screen
So android auto doesn’t have a full screen when you click on its icon? Well that’s just rude. 😂

I know with apple carplay you can have a 1/2 screen for it then it will expand to full screen when you want it to.

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score

If you look on the 1st page you’ll see pictures of CarPlay screens I posted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online