5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

After receiving some feedback, it was brought to our attention that Uconnect 4/4C users would like to have their soft reset/reboot instructions easily accessible. For all of your convenience, you may find the instructions below.

Soft Reset
1. Put your vehicle into the accessories mode (ACC or RUN)
For keyless start (push-button) vehicles: push the start button twice without having your foot on the gas or brake pedal
2. Hold down the Phone and voice recognition buttons (or tuner and volume knob), at the same time, for thirty seconds.
3. Let go of the buttons
4. Turn the vehicle off
5. Open driver’s side door for thirty seconds (or until dash illumination goes black)
6. Close door
7. Restart vehicle
8. Let the media center load up and see if the concern is still present

If you're currently experiencing concerns and a soft reset of your system does not mitigate these concerns, please do not hesitate to send our team a private message with your VIN and a photo of your Uconnect system information so we can look into it for you.

Thanks,

Ram Cares

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks!

Edit: I’ve been on forums since the late 90s, and this is the first time that I’ve seen a manufacturer’s representative being so active on the forums. It really makes me feel like your username is how RAM feels about us, and I love it. It will be hard for me to go to another brand when you provide us this level of support.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

After receiving some feedback, it was brought to our attention that Uconnect 4/4C users would like to have their soft reset/reboot instructions easily accessible. For all of your convenience, you may find the instructions below.

Soft Reset
For keyless start (push-button) vehicles: push the start button twice without having your foot on the gas or brake pedal
2. Hold down the Phone and voice recognition buttons (or tuner and volume knob), at the same time, for thirty seconds.
3. Let go of the buttons
4. Turn the vehicle off
5. Open driver’s side door for thirty seconds (or until dash illumination goes black)
6. Close door
7. Restart vehicle

If you're currently experiencing concerns and a soft reset of your system does not mitigate these concerns, please do not hesitate to send our team a private message with your VIN and a photo of your Uconnect system information so we can look into it for you.

Thanks,

Ram Cares
I've had my 2020 Built to Serve with 12" display for over a year and have never received a single OTA update. I can't imagine there hasn't been some glitch or firmware change in that time. I see other people posting about getting updates.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I've had my 2020 Built to Serve with 12" display for over a year and have never received a single OTA update. I can't imagine there hasn't been some glitch or firmware change in that time. I see other people posting about getting updates.

I haven't seen one either but when I go to the website, its says my trucks firmware is up to date. I'm guessing that when you input the vin, it checks when the truck is built and what software version it has and compares that to a list of known updates. I'm guessing there's been no updates but IDK

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't seen one either but when I go to the website, its says my trucks firmware is up to date. I'm guessing that when you input the vin, it checks when the truck is built and what software version it has and compares that to a list of known updates. I'm guessing there's been no updates but IDK

Yeah, I just can't imagine that there have been zero issues on 2020 models that don't require any update, or security patches.

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
aside from the time my radio would not turn off, down or to a new channel for over 6 hours on a road trip the only issue I have is that I get alerts for favorites and when I click the link there are no favorites. Burns me every time it happens!! Also I thought with favorites, when they do show up the song is supposed to start at the beginning no matter how long it has actually been playing.

• Wow
Reactions: c3k

KevinT

Reaction score
RamCares - thanks for this information. I've not had any issues, thankfully. Are there any other similar system resets or shortcuts that are allowable for users? For example, pressing buttons in a certain sequence will perform other maintenance or housekeeping tasks. Other features might include firing missiles, ejecting mouthy passengers, release an oil slick for vehilces following too closely, etc.

Dmalonecentral

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Soft Reset
3. Let go of the buttons
4. Turn the vehicle off
6. Close door
7. Restart vehicle

Thanks,

Ram Cares

Doesn’t work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Thank you for the instructions.

Mine says up to date too. How does the web site know this? Is it communicating with my radio?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Mine always said up to date, but I manually updated it anyways. Funny thing, after I updated when I connect alfaOBD now, no matter what I select for model year, it automatically goes to 2021.

Dmalonecentral

Reaction score
It absolutely does work. What steps did you take?

I can take a video if you like but I have tried it multiple times with the Phone/Voice button as well as the Volume/Tuner button. Doesn’t work.

nbase

Reaction score
Curious when you push the volume and tuner buttons in for it to reset, do you just do 30 seconds and call it good? Or does the display do anything? Trying a reset after my CarPlay quit working. Phones charge but CarPlay doesn’t start up, no icon.

2019Raven

Reaction score
I’d still like to know what the latest 8.4 software is. Anyone know?
I also would like to know what the latest version of software UConnect is currently on. I go to the website, put in my VIN and it tells me I am up to date (which I highly doubt). No software updates in 3 years……

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I also would like to know what the latest version of software UConnect is currently on. I go to the website, put in my VIN and it tells me I am up to date (which I highly doubt). No software updates in 3 years……
Revision 39.9 if you have 12" display

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Revision 39.9 if you have 12" display
We are looking for the 8.4 version of someone knows it. Mine always says up to date on the web site too. Idk how it knows when my truck isnt connected to the internet.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread