5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UConnect 26.15 Update Thread

SloneMalone

Reaction score
So I formatted the drive to exfat and got the update on there. now when I plug it in I don’t get prompted to update? I’m currently running 26.15 and my coolant temp, oil pressure ,and oil temp gauges won’t work. I was hoping this might fix it.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
So I formatted the drive to exfat and got the update on there. now when I plug it in I don’t get prompted to update? I’m currently running 26.15 and my coolant temp, oil pressure ,and oil temp gauges won’t work. I was hoping this might fix it.
I said before exfat doesn't work (might of been a different thread)
Ntfs works. Turn off your truck with it plugged in to trigger the update message if you don't get it

Roman2179

Reaction score
The radios don't support exfat. I used a 128gb NTFS formatted drive without issue.

s8er01z

Reaction score
Thank you for this! Someone posted on the Durango forums that the linked firmware in this thread worked on their 2022 model Durango RT. I was able to load it on my 2021 Durango Hellcat and since we have been stuck on R17.99 for over a year this fixed a ton of issues that I can see so far. 🍻

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Was a link to the file for latest update for 8.4" non-NAV radio in this thread somewhere? I didn't see it.

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
So 26.17 was the latest firmware version right? I wonder when a new updated version will be released, with hopefully some bugs fixed or a functionalities added

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
So 26.17 was the latest firmware version right? I wonder when a new updated version will be released, with hopefully some bugs fixed or a functionalities added
I believe it is the current version yes.
What bugs are you looking to get fixed?
Also these updates don't give extra functionality, these are not program upgrades just software updates meant to fix bugs\programs

s8er01z

Reaction score
Anyone have a lead on S26.18 (It’s been out for months apparently) or anything newer? I’m going to see if I can just bribe someone at the dealership at this point.

Da’mon

Reaction score
Hello All, could someone with hookups help us get either 24.13/24.18 updates?! Our region OTA is broken and our dealers do not give flying hoot! Help is needed, thanks! Our TBMs are fine!
Yes I have ran into same problem , was on version 18 Xm something, had only 2 updates , after they told me it couldn’t get OTA updates.
Then I got one last week now it says still not the latest please help been going thru this since for awhile

Attachments

• IMG_3054.jpeg
    IMG_3054.jpeg
    49.2 KB · Views: 22

Roman2179

Reaction score
Yes I have ran into same problem , was on version 18 Xm something, had only 2 updates , after they told me it couldn’t get OTA updates.
Then I got one last week now it says still not the latest please help been going thru this since for awhile
That's the UC4 system. FYI the current version for it is 40.1, I believe.

RayRay579

Reaction score
Ok I went through all the comments and am a little unsure and hopefully someone can clarify things. I have a 2021 Ram 1500 Limited and have an issue with getting my 4G to be activated and was told I need to update my firmware. So this picture is my firmware from my truck and I downloaded the firmware that was on this forum at the beginning and want to make sure the version will work with my truck.

Attachments

• IMG_6284.jpeg
    IMG_6284.jpeg
    161.1 KB · Views: 28

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Ok I went through all the comments and am a little unsure and hopefully someone can clarify things. I have a 2021 Ram 1500 Limited and have an issue with getting my 4G to be activated and was told I need to update my firmware. So this picture is my firmware from my truck and I downloaded the firmware that was on this forum at the beginning and want to make sure the version will work with my truck.
This section of the forums is for UC5.
Trucks 2019-2021 have UC4.
2022s have UC5
2023s have UC5 but differnet firmware then 2022s.

Your truck is a 2021 so that's UC4 and your current firmware is 39.62 per the picture you gave, if it's 40 something then sure. If it's in the 20s, that UC5 firmware and no it wouldn't work.

Hope this helps.

RayRay579

Reaction score
This section of the forums is for UC5.
Trucks 2019-2021 have UC4.
2022s have UC5
2023s have UC5 but differnet firmware then 2022s.

Your truck is a 2021 so that's UC4 and your current firmware is 39.62 per the picture you gave, if it's 40 something then sure. If it's in the 20s, that UC5 firmware and no it wouldn't work.

Hope this helps.
Yes, this helps now I know my system is a UC4 and this software that was available here will not work on my radio thank you. Would you or anyone else know where and what version I need to use to update my system just like everyone else is saying when I check on the Mopar website it says it's up to date and no software is available but when I called the dealership they say there are definitely updates available? Thank you in advance.

RayRay579

Reaction score
Well, I did some more searching and I found some really great info id like to share. Found this from another site about software updating the files and how to install so I hope this helps someone as I just updated my 2021 Ram 1500 12" radio UC4 and is all working. Here is the link Update PR39

Attachments

• 08-095-22.pdf
    921.9 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Yes, this helps now I know my system is a UC4 and this software that was available here will not work on my radio thank you. Would you or anyone else know where and what version I need to use to update my system just like everyone else is saying when I check on the Mopar website it says it's up to date and no software is available but when I called the dealership they say there are definitely updates available? Thank you in advance.
Click on the link for 8 or 12 inch.
I believe they each have threads with updates on them.

Users who are viewing this thread