5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect 12 Issue - No Sound/Sirius Doesn't Load

MackenzieGrant

Reaction score
Ughhh had same issues with my 2014 8.4a after it was out of warranty period.. To see this happening still with the new 12inch unconnects is just pathetic.. I keep searching forums with the hopes of an actual fix other then paying $2k for a new uconnect system 😔

Mister 4x4

Reaction score
Mine did this last night after shutting down with the USB playing - no music output from any source when I started back up (system menu beeps and warning sounds worked fine, though - I don't have Sirius either... trial ran out sometime last year). Drove it a few miles to my next destination, shut the truck off and restarted, still no joy. Went into the convenience store, and all was good again when I came back out and started it up to head home. Figured it was just heat related, since the average daily high has been in the low 100s for the past 2 months. I'll keep an eye on it and check the latest update next time/if it happens again.

jcraigcx

Reaction score
After hoping for years to avoid this, my 2019 Limited started this exact behavior about 3 weeks ago. Its gone from annoyance to progressively worse. 2 days now stuck on the Loading... screen. Ridiculous.

jcraigcx

Reaction score
Something changed. I haven't been using SXM due to the Loading Lockup problem, but tried it today just for grins. The Loading screen came on and I expected the lockup to happen, but it didn't. After a few seconds of Loading, the system beeped and the SXM started up with no issues. This has never happened before. I shut the truck off and restarted it several times and same result. Loading screen, then beep, then SXM works. Dunno since nobody else is posting this, but its different for me. Monitoring...

BlueHemi1500

Reaction score
new to the board and new owner of a 2020 Laramie 1500.
I have the same problem of being stuck on XM loading and no other input and the sound will not function.
The wife discovered that if set to FM before shutdown, the radio will function most of the time on the next start.
The truck is out of factory warranty, so I guess, I'm stuck. :(

BlueHemi1500

BlueHemi1500

Reaction score
I was able to find and download a new version of the operating software to 40.1.
Once the new version was installed, I have not had any other problems with the XM stuck on the loading screen.
Uconnect kept telling me that there were not any updates for my truck based on VIN.
So, if you are reading this try and find a newer version of the operating software that may just cure the problem as it did for me.

BlueHemi1500

ezezim

Reaction score
Have had a 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie with the Uconnect 12 inch infotainment for about 6 months now. Always use my Bluetooth. I have been turning off and on the truck in Bluetooth mode since I got it. This morning when I started the truck I had no sound. There was no volume dial appearing on the screen when I turned the nob. I switched to FM, Sirius XM, AM, back to Bluetooth, and all no sound. When I switched to Sirius there was NO loading screen. All the channels popped up as if it was working normal, I just had no sound. I pressed mute, turned off and on the radio and nothing. I then switched the radio to FM, turned off the truck for 5 min. When I turned it back on everything was working fine. When I first bought this truck I saw in the carfax report that the radio had been replaced after the 1st year of being in service. Hopefully this isn't something a sign of troubles to come.

Drock2019

Reaction score
I was able to find and download a new version of the operating software to 40.1.
Once the new version was installed, I have not had any other problems with the XM stuck on the loading screen.
Uconnect kept telling me that there were not any updates for my truck based on VIN.
So, if you are reading this try and find a newer version of the operating software that may just cure the problem as it did for me.

BlueHemi1500
Can you share where you found this?

BlueHemi1500

Reaction score
Can you share where you found this?
Hello,
I am a member of several RAM forums and I do not remember where I was able to get the files, so sorry. It took me many hours of reading all the message bases to find the answer.
I would just pony up the dollars and have the dealer install the files, it will be also faster as it was time-consuming to find the file.
But ever since I installed the new version my problems have been minimal. I have problems with my presets just disappearing along with the profiles, but that is rare and is just an irritant.
I am sorry that I am not able to direct you to the answer(s).

BlueHemi1500

ram813ltd

Reaction score
I've had my truck for a couple months now and this just started happening. Siriusxm says loading and never does, FM Radio, Aux, Apple Carplay doesn't play any sound and when I turn the volume knob the volume indicator doesn't move up or down. Anyone have this issue? Not sure what I should do, reset?
dam wish mine wouldn't load sirius

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/