5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

U-Connect App Vehicle Data???

Nova90

Reaction score
Yeah I haven’t tried the remote start or any of the other stuff. It will show me where the trucks at. But if I want to remote start I’ll just use the key fob 😂
Right, and a quick glance at the dash will show me fuel level, odometer, and tire pressures.

Now, why did Mark Dodge put 63lbs in the front passenger tire :)

BigHerm611

Reaction score
Shocking...mine is too...and without a Guardian subscription :)

What year is your ram? I’m starting to hear of this popping up a lot for 21 Rams but not for the 2020s. Even though, from what I can tell, the 20 and 21s both haste the N3GL 12 inch screens. I’m just wondering what’s different that its showing up for 2021 Rams and not 2020s

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Morenar

Reaction score
I spoke with SiriuXMGuardian last week and they said that since Stellantis took over they are slowly rolling out updates to the Uconnect system. Including the Vehicle Health Report. Not sure if they are testing it out in certain regions.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
What year is your ram? I’m starting to hear of this popping up a lot for 21 Rams but not for the 2020s. Even though, from what I can tell, the 20 and 21s both haste the N3GL 12 inch screens. I’m just wondering what’s different that its showing up for 2021 Rams and not 2020s

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
See signature.

Sdultra

Reaction score
I have a 2021 Ram 1500 Limited and the info refuses to update. It just ridiculous. UConnect has been a joke since 2015. How anyone can be dupped into paying after their trial is beyond me.

Scjon03

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Limited and negative on the info part of the app. Also looked up the update for my VIN and nothing. No over the air update too.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I just got my first vehicle health report email in three years of ownership. Glad they kept their promise (said they’d get it working in fall 2018).

Johnnyspin

Reaction score
I’ve got a 19 Ram with the 12” and still no info tab. Took it to the dealer today and they said there’s nothing they can do and no updates available. Does anyone have a 19 with a 12” and the info tab working ?
@RamCares Can you help shed some light on this ?

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I’ve got a 19 Ram with the 12” and still no info tab. Took it to the dealer today and they said there’s nothing they can do and no updates available. Does anyone have a 19 with a 12” and the info tab working ?
@RamCares Can you help shed some light on this ?
Updates occur through RAM Corporate. The dealer, typically, is never involved. It is totally random and you cannot request an update via the infotainment system.

akaToph3r

Reaction score
Shocking...mine is too...and without a Guardian subscription :)
Do you still have access to this without a subscription? I just logged into my app for the first time in forever and the main screen just shows that my subscription is expired and doesn't allow me to access any of the tabs.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Do you still have access to this without a subscription? I just logged into my app for the first time in forever and the main screen just shows that my subscription is expired and doesn't allow me to access any of the tabs.
That is correct...you need to pay to play.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, I still have access in the app. I haven’t paid for Guardian since the initial trial. And I only started seeing this info a few months ago.

Ccroce

Reaction score
Just so everyone knows, I just read the XM Guardian Privacy Policy. Even if your subscription ends, they still transmit data (including location data) from your vehicle to FCA periodically. They expressly state that "Cancellation of SiriusXM Guardian Services alone does not stop the transmission of Transmitted Vehicle Data from your vehicle." It then instructs you to call 844-796-4827 and "ask to cancel for privacy reasons. This request will result in the deactivation of your wireless transmission network service and will cease your access to SiriusXM Guardian safety and convenience services and certain other Uconnect or Alfa Connect services. This will also prevent updates to the In-vehicle Manual and the implementation of any Wi-Fi Services through the vehicle." They specify again that "cancelling your SiriusXM Guardian subscription without the request to deactivate for privacy reasons will not cancel the transmission of Transmitted Vehicle Data to FCA or Alfa Romeo."

The first rep I spoke to didn't know what I was talking about and kept me on hold for about 15 minutes before I was disconnected. When I called back, the next rep told me that because my service was already canceled, they weren't collecting any information. Then I told him that wasn't true and that data is still sent to FCA. Then I read the policy to him and he said something like, "oh yeah, thank you for explaining that to me. I have deactivated you, unlinked your account, and wiped all of your data. You will need to re-enroll if you ever want to sign up again".

I just wanted to share in case anyone else would like to maintain their privacy post-subscription.

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread