5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

U-Connect App Vehicle Data???

BennettJ85

Reaction score
Yea, I called and got the same response that they are working on it but no timeline and they said they are not for sure if they will ever get that feature however i read the 2019 12.1 screen should get an update this month in October to add personalized pandora stations to the screens so I wonder if this update could fix it but I doubt it will.

theonlyMcG

Reaction score
So I called Uconnect today and they shuttled me over to SiriusXM Guardian pretty quickly. The technical representative that I spoke to there said that it is not ever planned to come to the 12" at this point and that it is only available on the 8". So take that FWIW.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
So I called Uconnect today and they shuttled me over to SiriusXM Guardian pretty quickly. The technical representative that I spoke to there said that it is not ever planned to come to the 12" at this point and that it is only available on the 8". So take that FWIW.
And that person knows as much as my Grandmother. They are all worthless to speak with so save your breathe.

75Jimmy

Reaction score
I too have the 12-inch screen, and was told that Uconnect features an app that will track your vehicle, set up geofencing, send you vehicle health reports, etc... and well, we got the shaft after spending big bucks for the expensive 12-inch system.

I work in the tech industry and understand how software and hardware roadmaps work. Sometimes the easiest route to launching a new product is doing so with limited features to reduce bug concerns, and unlocking the remainder of features in subsequent updates. These trucks with 12-inch screens have been around for nearly two years and we still dont have the promised features! This lack of communication about updates to the systems is really my biggest issue with FCA's Uconnect and SiriusXM Guardian teams. Nobody I've talked to knows a damn thing about the software pipeline and can't tell me if these features will ever be made available. All they do is point fingers at other departments.

@RamCares, are you listening? Maybe run this one up the flagpole! 633,000 Ram trucks sold last year, a good chunk of those buyers opting for the 12" screen. All of us would love to find out what's going on and if we can ever expect to see these features working.

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
I too have the 12-inch screen, and was told that Uconnect features an app that will track your vehicle, set up geofencing, send you vehicle health reports, etc... and well, we got the shaft after spending big bucks for the expensive 12-inch system.

I work in the tech industry and understand how software and hardware roadmaps work. Sometimes the easiest route to launching a new product is doing so with limited features to reduce bug concerns, and unlocking the remainder of features in subsequent updates. These trucks with 12-inch screens have been around for nearly two years and we still dont have the promised features! This lack of communication about updates to the systems is really my biggest issue with FCA's Uconnect and SiriusXM Guardian teams. Nobody I've talked to knows a damn thing about the software pipeline and can't tell me if these features will ever be made available. All they do is point fingers at other departments.

@RamCares, are you listening? Maybe run this one up the flagpole! 633,000 Ram trucks sold last year, a good chunk of those buyers opting for the 12" screen. All of us would love to find out what's going on and if we can ever expect to see these features working.

Simple answer is No we’ll never see these features on this 12” version. They’ve already announced the 5th gen Uconnect coming later this year running android software. Also note this hardware version will not be compatible with it. Our radios are already outdated and forgotten by FCA, Uconnect and @RamCares.

Neokane

Reaction score
Simple answer is No we’ll never see these features on this 12” version. They’ve already announced the 5th gen Uconnect coming later this year running android software. Also note this hardware version will not be compatible with it. Our radios are already outdated and forgotten by FCA, Uconnect and @RamCares.
It seems as if @RamCares is on a hiatus. Haven't seem them interact on the forum for a while.

gmab

Reaction score
Sadly, this is the conclusion I came to as well.
My friggin washing machine has more updates ;)

Ereynel

Reaction score
I have a 2021 Ram 1500 laramie night edición i just got it a month ago. At first the movile app was just showing remote and location. I took my truck a week ago to the dealer to get check and they did a software update and now i have the info icon available and works. So the dealer is the one who can do it. 17259917-4CD7-47F3-BCD2-B27E8363F49C.png

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have a 2021 Ram 1500 laramie night edición i just got it a month ago. At first the movile app was just showing remote and location. I took my truck a week ago to the dealer to get check and they did a software update and now i have the info icon available and works. So the dealer is the one who can do it. View attachment 97788
Did you press the info icon? What does it show you?

azzx

Reaction score
So, to get this functionality now, you must pay for the mostly useless UConnect app?

Nova90

Reaction score
you get the Uconnect free for one year but I won’t pay for it after that
Agree, it's been fun tracking the location of the shipping company as they make their way from Mark Dodge to my home...but, I don't see anything worth paying for on this screen

IMG_9557.PNG

NorcalMike

Reaction score
Agree, it's been fun tracking the location of the shipping company as they make their way from Mark Dodge to my home...but, I don't see anything worth paying for on this screen

View attachment 97909
Yeah I haven’t tried the remote start or any of the other stuff. It will show me where the trucks at. But if I want to remote start I’ll just use the key fob 😂

Users who are viewing this thread