5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

U-Connect App Vehicle Data???

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
So, I bought my truck on 2/18/2019. Registered with Mopar and downloaded the U-Connect App. I have TWO icons at the bottom of my app, not three like it shows in the app store and on Mopar's website:

1. One is labelled "Remote" with the letter "G" and two curved lines on top
2. One is labelled "Location"

I am missing the vehicle information tab to access mileage, oil wear status, etc. I just spent 45+ minutes on the phone with both U-Connect Support and then Sirius-XM Guardian support since U-Connect stated that I had to call Sirius since my 12" radio was a Guardian radio. They are baffled and have zero idea as to why I cannot get vehicle info through the app. They "think" it may be because my vehicle is not yet in service for 30-days and no vehicle health report has been generated but I don't buy that.

Anyone have any thoughts on what I can do or a direction to take to get access to the vehicles information through the app?

Thank you!

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So, I bought my truck on 2/18/2019. Registered with Mopar and downloaded the U-Connect App. I have TWO icons at the bottom of my app, not three like it shows in the app store and on Mopar's website:

1. One is labelled "Remote" with the letter "G" and two curved lines on top
2. One is labelled "Location"

I am missing the vehicle information tab to access mileage, oil wear status, etc. I just spent 45+ minutes on the phone with both U-Connect Support and then Sirius-XM Guardian support since U-Connect stated that I had to call Sirius since my 12" radio was a Guardian radio. They are baffled and have zero idea as to why I cannot get vehicle info through the app. They "think" it may be because my vehicle is not yet in service for 30-days and no vehicle health report has been generated but I don't buy that.

Anyone have any thoughts on what I can do or a direction to take to get access to the vehicles information through the app?

Thank you

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good luck. Sirius/Uconnect people are completely useless. I have been dealing with them since I got my truck in September and they have never had any answers or solutions. They are clueless and less than helpful to say the least.

19RamLimited

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Because it doesn't.. its been covered on here. The 8.4 does have it and the 12 doesn't. I don't know why I am not ram or part of FCA and dont make the decisions.. but no one with he 12.1 has it

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Thanks...well that really sucks! Who decides this crap??? You would think the 12" would give you EVERYTHING imaginable and would be an upgrade to the 8.4". We all know this isn't the first time engineers or marketing people made decisions that are counterintuitive!

You would think that U-Connect and Guardian support would know this stuff versus passing me off to 4 people that none of which had a clue as @MJP mentioned above.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks...well that really sucks! Who decides this crap??? You would think the 12" would give you EVERYTHING imaginable and would be an upgrade to the 8.4". We all know this isn't the first time engineers or marketing people made decisions that are counterintuitive!

You would think that U-Connect and Guardian support would know this stuff versus passing me off to 4 people that none of which had a clue as @MJP mentioned above.
The sad part is that the reps at Sirius/Uconnect have no idea about this stuff. I actually had a Uconnect rep suggest I contact the map company becuase I was having a problem with my nav and they had no answers. They gave me the number and I called. The map company had no clue what the problem could be and suggested I contact Sirius. Unreal.

slimchance

Reaction score
we have had wife's trk since september ... have had nothing but trouble with the Mopar.com site and the Uconnect app .. called the contact phone # yesterday with a problem, they transferred me to a different phone #, explained problem AGAIN, they transferred me to Uconnect (another phone #), all the time referring to my 2019 RAM, Uconnect says they do not deal with 2019 (this is almost an hour into talking to these bozos) that i have to call Sirius and she did NOT have the phone # and could not transfer me ... i ask IF FCA/MOPAR/Uconnect/Sirius actually expected costumers to pay $20/mo for a service that has not worked for a year when free??? ..... these people are a waste of time ... i have given up on using either the app or the website

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
That is correct after my ordeal yesterday. The 2019 RAM is not serviced by "U-Connect" but by "Sirius-XM Guardian". Both were worthless but my U-Connect app does work...I am just unhappy with its limited functionality and not being able to get vehicle data because I have a 12" screen...crazy!!!

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
we have had wife's trk since september ... have had nothing but trouble with the Mopar.com site and the Uconnect app .. called the contact phone # yesterday with a problem, they transferred me to a different phone #, explained problem AGAIN, they transferred me to Uconnect (another phone #), all the time referring to my 2019 RAM, Uconnect says they do not deal with 2019 (this is almost an hour into talking to these bozos) that i have to call Sirius and she did NOT have the phone # and could not transfer me ... i ask IF FCA/MOPAR/Uconnect/Sirius actually expected costumers to pay $20/mo for a service that has not worked for a year when free??? ..... these people are a waste of time ... i have given up on using either the app or the website

The sad part is that the reps at Sirius/Uconnect have no idea about this stuff. I actually had a Uconnect rep suggest I contact the map company becuase I was having a problem with my nav and they had no answers. They gave me the number and I called. The map company had no clue what the problem could be and suggested I contact Sirius. Unreal.

Actually the really sad part is people WILL pay the $250 a year to use the app just to start their vehicles(idiots will say it’s ONLY $20ish A MONTH). I refuse to pay $250 a year just for some loser to sit in an office and “possibly” have to track my truck IF stolen. We should be able to use the app freely and pay only IF we want stolen vehicle tracking/SOS/assistance features. Which 99% wouldn’t pay for if they had a brain.

@RamCares really needs to pay attention to what the customers are saying.

1. App/12” system needs to be updated to show/give vehicle health info/reports.
2. Maps should be updated to latest version for duration of vehicle warranty.
3. Ram/FCA needs to acknowledge issues since most owners aren’t on these forums and don’t know they have issues.
4. Owners shouldn’t have to pay to use the Uconnect App just to remote start/send locations to their vehicles. Let the fools pay for the security if they want to. We can use the key fob for free so why not the app, that’s all it’s really good for anyways. $250 annual fee is absurd.

If I’ve missed anything here please feel free to add to it.

azzx

Reaction score
Guys,

any updates on vehicle Health report functionality on the 12 inch display?

Lablvr2

Reaction score
Guys,

any updates on vehicle Health report functionality on the 12 inch display?
I don't think it will happen until FCA releases an update for the 12.1 screen. I like others assumed vehicle health reports were enabled since the full manual even refers to them but my servicing dealer told me it may come this year and that is not confirmed.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think it will happen until FCA releases an update for the 12.1 screen. I like others assumed vehicle health reports were enabled since the full manual even refers to them but my servicing dealer told me it may come this year and that is not confirmed.
I was told the same thing last fall...or was it this past spring?! Regardless, I’m not holding my breath...

Tracker330

Reaction score
I contacted Sirius Guardian about not having a vehicle health report on the App with my 12" screen they said they would look into it and contact me back which they did today and said it wasn't available for the 12" model but they are working on it and for my inconvenience they were going to send me a couple compensation offers here is the Email I received and I choose the oil changes and tire rotation Screenshot_20190718-145842.png

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I contacted Sirius Guardian about not having a vehicle health report on the App with my 12" screen they said they would look into it and contact me back which they did today and said it wasn't available for the 12" model but they are working on it and for my inconvenience they were going to send me a couple compensation offers here is the Email I received and I choose the oil changes and tire rotation View attachment 31129
I contacted them roughly six months ago about the same thing, and the answer was the same. I’m not holding my breath. I wasn’t offered anything, though.

Wayniac85

Reaction score
That is correct after my ordeal yesterday. The 2019 RAM is not serviced by "U-Connect" but by "Sirius-XM Guardian". Both were worthless but my U-Connect app does work...I am just unhappy with its limited functionality and not being able to get vehicle data because I have a 12" screen...crazy!!!

At least you can get your stuff activated.. I can't even get my damn assist button to save/activate my email, first, & last name.. Grr.. I have thr 12.1" display, also.

Neokane

Reaction score
This is what I was told by FCA.

"at this time this feature is not available for this radio, This is something that we are working on a resolution for "

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online